Has NT traffic significantly slowed down?

I blame the banishment of nom de guerre for this
nerd.gif

honestly im on twitter more now

never thought id say that

especially during sporting events...

honestly im on twitter more now

never thought id say that

especially during sporting events...

Wow, how many threads did you start today?  Just because we aren't getting 300 new topics per day in the General forum doesn't mean you need to step up to fill the void by yourself.  Ease up on the "new topic" button.
In seriousness:  there's a distinction to be made between post activity and traffic.  One isn't necessarily an indicator of the other.  Our traffic is much the same as it was when posting activity was at its peak.  The difference is that, now, a greater percentage of our visitors tend to be passive rather than active.  We're pulling in more traffic from web searches and the like and people have other avenues for online interaction.  It isn't necessarily worse this way, just different.  The more topics that are added to a forum, the harder it is to keep up.  I actually think we have a pretty good balance now, though we're working on ways to better leverage existing content and make it easier for "casual" participants to find what they're looking for, avoid redundant posting, etc.  

I don't really miss the time when users were starting a minimum of 8 new threads on the defining moments package each day.

As kd said, traffic patterns are seasonal.  They tend to peak during the winter months and we experience annual lows during the summer.  Any entertainment destination essentially competes with all other possible expenditures of one's free time.  The more time people spend indoors, the more likely they are to spend it online and so on.  

The focus, moving forward, will be to better connect you with the content you care about. 

Reasons Why NT fell off ..

Banning ..

Twitter ..

Trolling x1200 ...

Most of the bans are in response to the trolling.  You can't have it both ways.  

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

I completely blame the banning goin' on round here. 100%. That's just my opinion, tho.
The fact that you're constantly on NikeTalk complaining is negated by the fact that you're constantly on NikeTalk complaining.  How bad could it really be if you're here for 2+ hours per day? 

Then I guess we're in for a drought, because I'm banning your backups, too. 

Wow, how many threads did you start today?  Just because we aren't getting 300 new topics per day in the General forum doesn't mean you need to step up to fill the void by yourself.  Ease up on the "new topic" button.
In seriousness:  there's a distinction to be made between post activity and traffic.  One isn't necessarily an indicator of the other.  Our traffic is much the same as it was when posting activity was at its peak.  The difference is that, now, a greater percentage of our visitors tend to be passive rather than active.  We're pulling in more traffic from web searches and the like and people have other avenues for online interaction.  It isn't necessarily worse this way, just different.  The more topics that are added to a forum, the harder it is to keep up.  I actually think we have a pretty good balance now, though we're working on ways to better leverage existing content and make it easier for "casual" participants to find what they're looking for, avoid redundant posting, etc.  

I don't really miss the time when users were starting a minimum of 8 new threads on the defining moments package each day.

As kd said, traffic patterns are seasonal.  They tend to peak during the winter months and we experience annual lows during the summer.  Any entertainment destination essentially competes with all other possible expenditures of one's free time.  The more time people spend indoors, the more likely they are to spend it online and so on.  

The focus, moving forward, will be to better connect you with the content you care about. 

Reasons Why NT fell off ..

Banning ..

Twitter ..

Trolling x1200 ...

Most of the bans are in response to the trolling.  You can't have it both ways.  

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

I completely blame the banning goin' on round here. 100%. That's just my opinion, tho.
The fact that you're constantly on NikeTalk complaining is negated by the fact that you're constantly on NikeTalk complaining.  How bad could it really be if you're here for 2+ hours per day? 

Then I guess we're in for a drought, because I'm banning your backups, too. 

Back
Top Bottom