Has anyone worked for Amway before?

My friend took me to this meeting there and there were guys telling all these stories about how they're making $150K - millions a year... Like, there were dudes who started doing it young and are now multimillionaires. He then pointed out to me random guys in the audience that were making $150K+ a year and it only took them a couple years, as well. I just wanna know is it legit? What exactly is it you have to do? Do you have to bust your %@# off all the time cuz I have work and school, so I might now have time for it, but the stories of these guys telling me they're making a crapload of money is really tempting. Also, he told me I gotta put $160 down, which made me
grin.gif

Do the opposite of Nikes Quote.
"JUST DONT DO IT"

its a triangle system. the more people that work under you , the more money you make.

you joining now would put you all the way at the bottom of the triangle.

itll take a LONG time for u to get rich LOL

my old college roommate did this. he would annoy me all the time to buy all of these products. he was on his grind but never made much money. he would also have to go to these business conferences to hear people speak (he would have to pay for the cost of travel, hotel, etc), and spent his own money to buy these business books, audio tapes, etc that his boss recommended to improve his "selling" of products.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Gonna bump this. Need more answers.
You already got what you needed, what else can we tell you. Just go ahead and blow your time and money because your obviously not going to listen.

Maybe another person who's had at least some experience with this company before. I'm not going to blow my money and time just yet until I hear stories of this being a legit business.

Originally Posted by IronChef

^ or pyramid scheme*

this if i was to join one of these i wouldn't be selling anything. I would spend my time getting people to work under me who in turn get people to work under them and so on. If you gonna do it work smart not hard

dont do it.. pyramid schemes= no go , unless its a product you will actually use

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

they must think you are a sucker if they are trying to get you to do this

okay, for the people thinking this cant work or is a pyramid scheme, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH before saying anything.

In an illegal pyramid scheme, you CANT out earn the person who got you in.... in Amway, you CAN.

The timing for this thread can't be any better. i have also been seriously considering it myself. My friends have been doing it and I can tell you guys from an unbiased point of view

Alot of people are calling this a "pyramid scheme", but really have absolutely NO idea what it is.... A pyramid scheme is ILLEGAL, meaning if u get caught, u go to jail. The amway business have been around for 50+ years, so you can put 2 and 2 together. Like this plan has been reviewed by businesses owners, lawyers, and government people and have been proved to work, IF you put in the effort.

The jist of the business is easy.... U basically help other people set up their businesses and they sell products for you. ALSO, the products are actually credible, if you dont believe this, you can search it up..... Amway is the largest private direct selling company in the world, and their revenue have raised exponentially the past few years.

Aight, so think about McDonalds.... theres not just ONE mcdonalds. To make more money, they set up more branches, and that is what you're doing here. Trying to help people set up their businesses. BUT you CANT just get anyone. You have to get poeple who will actually work hard. From the items they sell, Amway will write you a small bonus, and if you have ALOT of productive people under your team, the bonus builds up to unimaginable amounts in a short while.

PROS:

1. Endless cashflow of money, if done right. If you can successful build a productive team and have them produce for you, amway will give you a ton of bonuses and it'll add up

2. All u gotta do is be convincing and talk to people, to be honest. Thats how most of the revenue is made from. Also from finding clients to buy from you. Amway gives the BEST money back if you buy from them.... so when you start, you can buy from your own website and save alot of money on products that you buy from other places anyway. also amway pretty much sells ANY product, but the best selling ones are from NUtrilite and Artistry, which are supplement and makeup products, theses companies are actually credible.

3. It doesnt hurt to try to see if its right for you... it's about $150 to start your own webite and online business, and they give you your money back within 3 months if its not right for u.

4. the business starts out slow. Once you have established a good team, the rest will come. ALSo, there is a mentorship program which gives you tips and help along the way. So you're not alone in the business

HERE ARE SOME CONS THOUGH:

1. NOT anyone can do this business... U have to be motivated. in reality, Ppl who start out immediately talk to close friends, family in hopes that they will work for them. Sure, they can help you out by buying prpoducts for a while, but the products are quite expensive (BUT CREDIBLE), but they will most likely turn down the offer. After this, ppl 90% of the people think the business isnt for them and give up, and think its a scam.

2. U HAVE TO BE MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've met an 18 year old girl who is RETIRED already. I asked the person who trained her about what she did exactly, and she said he just tlaked to 3-4 people a week. SHe was probably very motivating/convincing though. U gotta have that passion so that it'll spread. Remember, u cant teach something you dont know, right???

3. WIll people ACTUALLY listen?? Can u REALLY convince them to help you out? YOU HAVE TO TALK TO A LOT OF LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE and really really really convincing. For example, they told me that out of 50 people, 20 ppl will laugh at you, another 20 will not do it, but 10 ppl will be interested and a couple more will do it.

BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU're IN THE BIZ:

1. TALK TALK TALK. Make small talk with ppl and DONT FEAR REJECTION. KEEP GOING. If ppl call you dumb or whatever, u gotta just keep talking to ppl. Eventually they WILL follow.

2. Find clients who will buy from you regularly

3. I also know ppl who work together to come up with marketing schemes, which is really effective. U really cant do this alone. If im going to do this, im going in with some friends to come up with ideas and to formulate plans to get people to start their own business..

4. DONT go into without a gameplan. PPL are blinded by the money, so they join and fail wihtin the first few months and call it a scam. If you work hard, YOU CAN SUCCEED.

SO, knowing those 4 steps, thats the only way to succeed in this biz. hopefully that helps.

Originally Posted by Ground King

okay, for the people thinking this cant work or is a pyramid scheme, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH before saying anything.

In an illegal pyramid scheme, you CANT out earn the person who got you in.... in Amway, you CAN.

The timing for this thread can't be any better. i have also been seriously considering it myself. My friends have been doing it and I can tell you guys from an unbiased point of view

Alot of people are calling this a "pyramid scheme", but really have absolutely NO idea what it is.... A pyramid scheme is ILLEGAL, meaning if u get caught, u go to jail. The amway business have been around for 50+ years, so you can put 2 and 2 together. Like this plan has been reviewed by businesses owners, lawyers, and government people and have been proved to work, IF you put in the effort.

The jist of the business is easy.... U basically help other people set up their businesses and they sell products for you. ALSO, the products are actually credible, if you dont believe this, you can search it up..... Amway is the largest private direct selling company in the world, and their revenue have raised exponentially the past few years.

Aight, so think about McDonalds.... theres not just ONE mcdonalds. To make more money, they set up more branches, and that is what you're doing here. Trying to help people set up their businesses. BUT you CANT just get anyone. You have to get poeple who will actually work hard. From the items they sell, Amway will write you a small bonus, and if you have ALOT of productive people under your team, the bonus builds up to unimaginable amounts in a short while.

PROS:

1. Endless cashflow of money, if done right. If you can successful build a productive team and have them produce for you, amway will give you a ton of bonuses and it'll add up

2. All u gotta do is be convincing and talk to people, to be honest. Thats how most of the revenue is made from. Also from finding clients to buy from you. Amway gives the BEST money back if you buy from them.... so when you start, you can buy from your own website and save alot of money on products that you buy from other places anyway. also amway pretty much sells ANY product, but the best selling ones are from NUtrilite and Artistry, which are supplement and makeup products, theses companies are actually credible.

3. It doesnt hurt to try to see if its right for you... it's about $150 to start your own webite and online business, and they give you your money back within 3 months if its not right for u.

4. the business starts out slow. Once you have established a good team, the rest will come. ALSo, there is a mentorship program which gives you tips and help along the way. So you're not alone in the business

HERE ARE SOME CONS THOUGH:

1. NOT anyone can do this business... U have to be motivated. in reality, Ppl who start out immediately talk to close friends, family in hopes that they will work for them. Sure, they can help you out by buying prpoducts for a while, but the products are quite expensive (BUT CREDIBLE), but they will most likely turn down the offer. After this, ppl 90% of the people think the business isnt for them and give up, and think its a scam.

2. U HAVE TO BE MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've met an 18 year old girl who is RETIRED already. I asked the person who trained her about what she did exactly, and she said he just tlaked to 3-4 people a week. SHe was probably very motivating/convincing though. U gotta have that passion so that it'll spread. Remember, u cant teach something you dont know, right???

3. WIll people ACTUALLY listen?? Can u REALLY convince them to help you out? YOU HAVE TO TALK TO A LOT OF LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE and really really really convincing. For example, they told me that out of 50 people, 20 ppl will laugh at you, another 20 will not do it, but 10 ppl will be interested and a couple more will do it.

BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU're IN THE BIZ:

1. TALK TALK TALK. Make small talk with ppl and DONT FEAR REJECTION. KEEP GOING. If ppl call you dumb or whatever, u gotta just keep talking to ppl. Eventually they WILL follow.

2. Find clients who will buy from you regularly

3. I also know ppl who work together to come up with marketing schemes, which is really effective. U really cant do this alone. If im going to do this, im going in with some friends to come up with ideas and to formulate plans to get people to start their own business..

4. DONT go into without a gameplan. PPL are blinded by the money, so they join and fail wihtin the first few months and call it a scam. If you work hard, YOU CAN SUCCEED.

SO, knowing those 4 steps, thats the only way to succeed in this biz. hopefully that helps.
EXACTLY!  People talking about pyramid schemes but can't define one. This is Network Marketing or Multi-Level Marketing (MLM). There are countless Millionaires in Business that all endorse these kinds of businesses. Robert Kiyosaki, Donald Trump, Warren Buffet and the list continues. I read a statistic that if you spend 10 years with a MLM company and are consistently working it, there is a 90% chance you will be at the highest position in the company.. Beats the 40-40 plan if you ask me

My gf got into it. It's solid if you put in the effort. Definitely not a pyramid scheme, but it will require work.

Also, she has a store setup, but I did notice every item is marked up a bit from its normal price.

It's funny because I've seen with my own eyes that this plan works. I know people who are making 4-6 extra grand each month through this exact business. But the thing is, most people will brush it off and call it a scam because they don't put in the work and fail at it, or they simply believe that it's too good to be true. The business is definitely in the 'grey area', but hey, at least it's better than other illegal methods, right?

Basically, what you put in is what you put out, like almost anything else in life.

Originally Posted by FOG

It's funny because I've seen with my own eyes that this plan works. I know people who are making 4-6 extra grand each month through this exact business. But the thing is, most people will brush it off and call it a scam because they don't put in the work and fail at it, or they simply believe that it's too good to be true. The business is definitely in the 'grey area', but hey, at least it's better than other illegal methods, right?

Basically, what you put in is what you put out, like almost anything else in life.
why would you waste your time working for a business that is as questionable as this trash

unless you have no other employable skills there is no reason to work for this shady business

might as well work at cutco

pyramid schemes all work the same way.

the products are extremely overpriced because they have to make sure everyone gets a piece of the profit pie. this means that it will be very hard to sell to strangers.

amway, and all other pyramid schemes, are betting on the fact that you sell to your friends and family. after all, they'll want to "support" you, even if it means by ridiculously overpriced crap.

furthermore, by recruiting people into the business and demanding that they pay a certain fee to join, that is also profit that's shared between the people above you. usually, this recruitment fee is having the new guy purchase products, sort of like an initiation. for example, in order to join usana, a pyramid scheme that specializes in supplements, you must purchase one of three options of supplement packages. i believe the highest was almost $1000. they tell you that you can make it back by selling it to friends, family, and ebay buyers. yeah... not for the MSRP they're telling you.

everyone i know who worked with pyramid schemes have been quasi-exiled from their social circles because they harass people so much to come to their conferences where a bunch of other ******ed drones are chanting the same BS. do yourself a favor and get yourself a real job. something that doesn't involve screwing over family, friends, and strangers.

and if you're too lazy to get a real job, you're not going to make it in the pyramid world anyway.

Originally Posted by TNW

Originally Posted by FOG

why would you waste your time working for a business that is as questionable as this trash

unless you have no other employable skills there is no reason to work for this shady business

might as well work at cutco
Why? Maybe because people are making a couple grand on top of their jobs? I am not in this business, but I've seen that it works. But there's a reason why thousands of people give up halfway too, though.

If you have time to socialize and find people that have the gift of gab you will make money. Problem is that you make money when others recruit on and on. IMO I don't mess with anything I don't have control over

Back
Top Bottom