Has anyone seen this? Shoezeum on Youtube

ChamWillJam23 wrote:
Lots and lots of hate in this thread about the "shoezeum" and the thread in JB about it as well. The prices are ridiculous (regardless if the "props" are included like his auctions say), maybe he thinks of them as art, not sure - but either way, outrageous. Has anybody actually sent him any offers? Also, how many of you have actually vacuum shrink wrapped their shoes? I've always heard that it was a terrible thing to do, but then again, I wear all of mine and dont care to do anything of that nature. Seems like this guy isn't as stupid as everyone makes him out to be, he did put all of this stuff together (including the funds to do it) - maybe he knows something about storing sneakers that you guys dont. Like I said, I have no clue about shrinkwrapping, stretchwrapping, ziplocking, or any other kind of shoe preservation

Finally a man with some sense! Jealously breeds envy is really true huh? His name is Jordan and he is a personal friend, my dude created one of the largest ebay stores ever! He took a good portion of his proceeds and started collecting sneakers! I understand the whole issue of not wearing them etc but it is a matter of personal preference! Obviously the ones who commented about the outrageous prices know nothing about marketing because your comments did exactly what he wanted
laugh.gif
. List a basic shoe at a ridiculous price on a site that has mass exposure linking it back to his collection, genius if you ask me! It is what it is, he is passionate about Nike and sneakers in general and we shall see where it goes. No body notices the time and effort it took to amass probably the most comprehensive shoe collection I have ever seen! Corgishoe might come close but he had random sizing, all good everybody is entitled to their own opinion!

ChamWillJam23 wrote:
Lots and lots of hate in this thread about the "shoezeum" and the thread in JB about it as well. The prices are ridiculous (regardless if the "props" are included like his auctions say), maybe he thinks of them as art, not sure - but either way, outrageous. Has anybody actually sent him any offers? Also, how many of you have actually vacuum shrink wrapped their shoes? I've always heard that it was a terrible thing to do, but then again, I wear all of mine and dont care to do anything of that nature. Seems like this guy isn't as stupid as everyone makes him out to be, he did put all of this stuff together (including the funds to do it) - maybe he knows something about storing sneakers that you guys dont. Like I said, I have no clue about shrinkwrapping, stretchwrapping, ziplocking, or any other kind of shoe preservation

Finally a man with some sense! Jealously breeds envy is really true huh? His name is Jordan and he is a personal friend, my dude created one of the largest ebay stores ever! He took a good portion of his proceeds and started collecting sneakers! I understand the whole issue of not wearing them etc but it is a matter of personal preference! Obviously the ones who commented about the outrageous prices know nothing about marketing because your comments did exactly what he wanted
laugh.gif
. List a basic shoe at a ridiculous price on a site that has mass exposure linking it back to his collection, genius if you ask me! It is what it is, he is passionate about Nike and sneakers in general and we shall see where it goes. No body notices the time and effort it took to amass probably the most comprehensive shoe collection I have ever seen! Corgishoe might come close but he had random sizing, all good everybody is entitled to their own opinion!

Dusted718 wrote:
laugh.gif

Your right to each their own, however he wanted attention from the shoe collecting community and got it.   You have to also understand a lot of his collection is not what you would call blow away.  The majority of shoes in that collection, (from what we can see in his videos) are from the past 5 to 6 years in multiples of 6-10 pairs.  Don't get me wrong he has some stuff thats good, One pair of OG Reebok Pumps (pretty disrespectful to say that was the only place to put the Reeboks because honestly there was more quality in that bathroom than in 90% of the other rooms), and a few earlier pairs of Jays and Nikes but outside of that the majority of his collection is really not great.(in terms of quality).  Its the equivalent to a car collector with 3 Bentleys and 100 2008-2011 toyota camry's and 150 chevy cobalts all in different colors etc.  Jay Jones has a MUCH better collection although not as massive but it doesn't matter because the quality of his collection far exceeds the quantity of this one.  
Also, by setting ridiculously high prices for his stuff on eBay it turns people off.  Maybe he's not looking to sell and did it for publicity, and eBay is a great way to get that, however, he could have just as easily come on the message boards and posted this stuff up and more than likely would have received more love. If I had a coin collection I wanted to show off to the coin collecting community I wouldn't go on eBay to share it I would find some message boards and talk coins.  In all I don't think there is anything to talk about other than the fact theres a guy with a serious number of sneakers and a lot of money.

Dusted718 wrote:
laugh.gif

Your right to each their own, however he wanted attention from the shoe collecting community and got it.   You have to also understand a lot of his collection is not what you would call blow away.  The majority of shoes in that collection, (from what we can see in his videos) are from the past 5 to 6 years in multiples of 6-10 pairs.  Don't get me wrong he has some stuff thats good, One pair of OG Reebok Pumps (pretty disrespectful to say that was the only place to put the Reeboks because honestly there was more quality in that bathroom than in 90% of the other rooms), and a few earlier pairs of Jays and Nikes but outside of that the majority of his collection is really not great.(in terms of quality).  Its the equivalent to a car collector with 3 Bentleys and 100 2008-2011 toyota camry's and 150 chevy cobalts all in different colors etc.  Jay Jones has a MUCH better collection although not as massive but it doesn't matter because the quality of his collection far exceeds the quantity of this one.  
Also, by setting ridiculously high prices for his stuff on eBay it turns people off.  Maybe he's not looking to sell and did it for publicity, and eBay is a great way to get that, however, he could have just as easily come on the message boards and posted this stuff up and more than likely would have received more love. If I had a coin collection I wanted to show off to the coin collecting community I wouldn't go on eBay to share it I would find some message boards and talk coins.  In all I don't think there is anything to talk about other than the fact theres a guy with a serious number of sneakers and a lot of money.

Here is a little more heat for ya then, I took this a few months back! He has yet to preview the whole lot, do you really think he is just going to let the cat out of the bag so soon? Stay tuned there will be more footage...

Here is a little more heat for ya then, I took this a few months back! He has yet to preview the whole lot, do you really think he is just going to let the cat out of the bag so soon? Stay tuned there will be more footage...

Anyone see his "trainer" listing? I don't have words to say how I feel.

I guess he got what he wanted. To be talked about.

Anyone see his "trainer" listing? I don't have words to say how I feel.

I guess he got what he wanted. To be talked about.

I guess hes planning to open a buisness???

Because it makes no sense to have that many General Releases.

If you have the resources to get all that, you might as well just get super exclusive shoes and Player exclusives instead of buying 50 Countdown packs
laugh.gif
  *#* is that?

I also couldve done without all those action figures.
nerd.gif

I guess hes planning to open a buisness???

Because it makes no sense to have that many General Releases.

If you have the resources to get all that, you might as well just get super exclusive shoes and Player exclusives instead of buying 50 Countdown packs
laugh.gif
  *#* is that?

I also couldve done without all those action figures.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom