Has anyone ever used carmax?

My friend sold his lexus is350 to carmax about three weeks ago. Just take your car in they have someone take a look at it, they test drive it, look at theinterior, and engine. They tell you how much there willing to buy it off of you and its good for seven days. My friend got a good deal they offered him 32,000for his car and he only owed 19,000 so they paid off his loan and gave him a check for 13,000. Hopefully that helps.

i believe carmax gives top dollar for used vehicles compared to your local lowballs and dealers.

it's also a good place to check the value of your car, for free.

Originally Posted by TeamSiR

My friend sold his lexus is350 to carmax about three weeks ago. Just take your car in they have someone take a look at it, they test drive it, look at the interior, and engine. They tell you how much there willing to buy it off of you and its good for seven days. My friend got a good deal they offered him 32,000 for his car and he only owed 19,000 so they paid off his loan and gave him a check for 13,000. Hopefully that helps.
eek.gif
Damn thats a come up!

Originally Posted by TeamSiR

My friend sold his lexus is350 to carmax about three weeks ago. Just take your car in they have someone take a look at it, they test drive it, look at the interior, and engine. They tell you how much there willing to buy it off of you and its good for seven days. My friend got a good deal they offered him 32,000 for his car and he only owed 19,000 so they paid off his loan and gave him a check for 13,000. Hopefully that helps.
I'm sorry, but i doubt this because you can find IS350s for $20-25K at dealerships and private parties, used of course, unless your buddy hadon 09 with Super low miles on it of course.

Angel

His car was on 08 with 8k miles he only drove it on weekends, he drove his bucket to monday-friday for work. His job cut his hours and he did not want tostruggle with payments. True story I couldnt even believe it myself when the guy came in the office and told him how much they were offering him. This does notwork well all the time though because my other friend who also is a niketalker tried selliing his 07 ciivic to carmax they offered him 9k but he still owes 15kso like someone said its a great place to see how much your car is worth for free.

Originally Posted by romeo0o

i believe carmax gives top dollar for used vehicles compared to your local lowballs and dealers.

it's also a good place to check the value of your car, for free.
nope, well not in my case at least.

I took my 05 Mustang to CarMax back in 06', took about 30 mins for the inspection and test drive. I was basically looking to get out of my car payment, soall I wanted was it paid off, my payoff was $15,600 and they were aware of the amount I owed which is why I think they lowballed a bit they gave me a offer of$15,200.

Carmax gives you a complete list of the inspection, they left off my cd player was a 6 disc/MP3 player, they put my interior was in good condition when it wasin excellent condition I still had the factory plasic on the floor, they didn't put down I had upgraded Rims and tires, exashust ect...

they give you 10 days to take the offer so I went to a local dealership and they took a few mintues to look over my car and didn't even test drive it andoffered me 16k on the spot paid it off and cut me a check for a little under $400.

I say try carmax first just don't let them know your payoff and review the inpection list in detail while you are there.

My dude got like 25k for a fully loaded camry. He owed 19k on it.. It was a little under 2 yrs old w/ low miles..

i want to take my Saturn in it's an 02' w/ 66k miles.. The dealership offered me $2.5k when it was at 55k miles i damn near spit in their faces..

Back
Top Bottom