Has anyone been a pallbearer before what should I expect?

i recently lost of my by best friends. it was 5 of us that have been close like brothers for about 10 years and we might end up being pallbearers if hisbrothers and family dont. so i dont know what to expect. can somebody explain the role of one all i know is you help carry the casket. so i dont know if itsmore to it that just that.

sorry to hear about your loss fam. when i was one at my boys funeral, i just sat with the other pallbearers and helped carry the casket. I think it alsousually means that you sit with the family of the deceased after the funeral when everyone eats. again, sorry for your loss

i was a pallbearer at my moms funeral. its not a big deal you just carry it out and into the car and out of the car to the grave sight. sorry to hear aboutthat man stay up.

Unfortunately I was two weeks ago. There will be 6 people, 4 at the sides and two at the back. The funeral director is going to have a talk with all you guysto inform you what to do before the ceremony starts. You just sit through the ceremony then after whatever the family and priest have planned the funeraldirector will signal you guys up to get the casket and transport it to the Hurst. Drive to the cemetery, meet up with all the pallbearers again then take thecasket to the grave site. Let the priest do his thing then say your final good byes.

I was a pallbearer just 2 months ago when my grandmother passed. There is nothing much to the role than helping carry the casket as you stated. You'll begiven a pair of white gloves and a carnation from the funeral director. From the mortuary, you'll be responsible to help place the casket into the hearsewith the 5 other assigned pallbearers and when you arrive at the church service, you'll help unload it from the hearse and guide it into the church wheninstructed by
the director. At the burial, all 6 of you will be instructed to place your gloves and carnation on top of the casket before it's lowered. That's prettymuch it........ I'm sorry for your loss, btw.

Back
Top Bottom