Has anybody ever seen fake griffeys?

Im pretty sure ive seen those fake ones on ebay too. Who knows anymore tho, mabye the fakers will do a better job than nike did...

Im pretty sure ive seen those fake ones on ebay too. Who knows anymore tho, mabye the fakers will do a better job than nike did...

Actually, I received a pair of fake orions the other day.  Got them with a stock photo from ebay for cheap and took a chance. I had seen fakes of the og colorways, but not these. Anyway, seller had no idea they were bogus so I got a full refund.  Here's some pics:

amdtkw.jpg

mszt5e.jpg

jkhy60.jpg

sct7ab.jpg

28lf38n.jpg

3038sk3.jpg

^ Look at the colorway on the box
roll.gif
.  So yeah, I knew right away they were fakes.  For one, the swoosh is supposed to be metallic in luster, and they made the whole inner section of the uppers that way instead. Baseball piece on the heel of the outsole was very thin, slick plastic (even though legit retros feel cheap compared to the textured og piece). Laces were terrible and the sockliner/tongue was cut too low and kind of recessed down in the shoe. Also, the plastic loop that the strap goes through (by the 24) was extremely cheap/brittle feeling plastic that was way too shiny.

That being said, the rear bubbles were actually a little larger than the real retros. The overall shape/silhouette of the shoe was pretty spot-on. And the midsole paint job was probably better than real ones too (especially in the detail work around the bubble and bubble surrounds).

Ebay is absolutely swarming with fakes lately (these and Air Max 09s especially
eyes.gif
). Be sure to get actual pics of the shoes so you can be sure. Hope that helps!

Actually, I received a pair of fake orions the other day.  Got them with a stock photo from ebay for cheap and took a chance. I had seen fakes of the og colorways, but not these. Anyway, seller had no idea they were bogus so I got a full refund.  Here's some pics:

amdtkw.jpg

mszt5e.jpg

jkhy60.jpg

sct7ab.jpg

28lf38n.jpg

3038sk3.jpg

^ Look at the colorway on the box
roll.gif
.  So yeah, I knew right away they were fakes.  For one, the swoosh is supposed to be metallic in luster, and they made the whole inner section of the uppers that way instead. Baseball piece on the heel of the outsole was very thin, slick plastic (even though legit retros feel cheap compared to the textured og piece). Laces were terrible and the sockliner/tongue was cut too low and kind of recessed down in the shoe. Also, the plastic loop that the strap goes through (by the 24) was extremely cheap/brittle feeling plastic that was way too shiny.

That being said, the rear bubbles were actually a little larger than the real retros. The overall shape/silhouette of the shoe was pretty spot-on. And the midsole paint job was probably better than real ones too (especially in the detail work around the bubble and bubble surrounds).

Ebay is absolutely swarming with fakes lately (these and Air Max 09s especially
eyes.gif
). Be sure to get actual pics of the shoes so you can be sure. Hope that helps!

wow for fakes those dont look half bad, compared to the retros we got anyhow. Its just a sad commentary that nike cant give us better air bubbles than the fakes do.

wow for fakes those dont look half bad, compared to the retros we got anyhow. Its just a sad commentary that nike cant give us better air bubbles than the fakes do.

Ive gotten fake dunks that have outlasted my real dunks...NIKE in general is becoming garbage!!

Ive gotten fake dunks that have outlasted my real dunks...NIKE in general is becoming garbage!!

And don't get me wrong, the fakes didn't feel as good as real retros. Cushioning wasn't really there, strap felt cheap, sockliner was busted.  But yeah, shape was decent overall and bubble size was as good or better (didn't help with the cushioning though).

And don't get me wrong, the fakes didn't feel as good as real retros. Cushioning wasn't really there, strap felt cheap, sockliner was busted.  But yeah, shape was decent overall and bubble size was as good or better (didn't help with the cushioning though).

Usually the fakes have no cushioning whatsoever...but you can tell by the font on the box before you opened them they were bang bang...sorry to hear that...at least you got ya bread back...ebay has got everyone at least once...

Usually the fakes have no cushioning whatsoever...but you can tell by the font on the box before you opened them they were bang bang...sorry to hear that...at least you got ya bread back...ebay has got everyone at least once...

fakes out there overseas have really started to step it up... they look better... still dont feel better you can normally tell that the quality of the leather is just cheap and more flimsy.. but still not bad looking ripoffs... wouldnt say its better or more better quality or craftsmanship than Nike but still not bad... would make good beaters if you get them for cheap (under 40 shipped)

fakes out there overseas have really started to step it up... they look better... still dont feel better you can normally tell that the quality of the leather is just cheap and more flimsy.. but still not bad looking ripoffs... wouldnt say its better or more better quality or craftsmanship than Nike but still not bad... would make good beaters if you get them for cheap (under 40 shipped)

Back
Top Bottom