Has anybody actually gotten in trouble from illegally downloading music?

I've received a few cease & desist letters: Adobe, Universal, and the RIAA have all notified me of impending lawsuits. My name is probably in a lot more databases. I used to actively distribute pirated software with the intention of sharing it. Photoshop, Maya, Kasperky...Name pretty much any licensed software that allowed for registration by telephone and I probably helped others gain access to it sometime during my hay day of IRC. I had over 300 GBs of pirated software/music/movies/etc. (Doesn't seem like a lot now, but in 2008 that was substantial.) At one point I could even hook you up with 16-digit giftcards with the 3-digit auth code, if you can dig.

Lucky I was a minor when my name started popping up (16-17) so I was never formally charged. That life is behind me now after I first caught wind of the party van showing up to my eHomies' cribs.

Still have yet to see a judge. :pimp:

Find me on that Silk Road tho. :nerd:

Last edited:
I've received a few cease & desist letters: Adobe, Universal, and the RIAA have all notified me of impending lawsuits. My name is probably in a lot more databases. I used to actively distribute pirated software with the intention of sharing it. Photoshop, Maya, Kasperky...Name pretty much any licensed software that allowed for registration by telephone and I probably helped others gain access to it sometime during my hay day of IRC. I had over 300 GBs of pirated software/music/movies/etc. (Doesn't seem like a lot now, but in 2008 that was substantial.) At one point I could even hook you up with 16-digit giftcards with the 3-digit auth code, if you can dig.

Lucky I was a minor when my name started popping up (16-17) so I was never formally charged. That life is behind me now after I first caught wind of the party van showing up to my eHomies' cribs.

Still have yet to see a judge. :pimp:

I like this guy. you were deep around the same time I was.

BMR still kicking? had a friend get hemmed up over something on the road, haven't been back in a while. I miss it.

BMR still kicking? had a friend get hemmed up over something on the road, haven't been back in a while. I miss it.

Many internets to you, good sir.

Don't know much about Reloaded to be honest. To keep it 100, I've been actively trying to keep away from the deep life. After the feds took the long series of outtages at SR, (which RANDOMLY HAPPENED to coincide with everything regarding MegaUpload/ThePirateBay/etc,) all I really do is leech and delete.

I'll still remember the good old times, though. IP sniffing to scare the newfs, the raids, the DDOS attacks... Ahhhh. Better days.

Who downloads music anymore, or even buys it? :lol:

Hiw else are you supposed to get music?
Its the future. Tons of ways. Pandora which I've been using. Just like all the songs you like, then dislike all the songs you don't.

Then you have songs for days. 

I did buy Yeezus though, to support the GOD himself. 

What works for the casual listener doesn't work for everyone.

Many internets to you, good sir.

Don't know much about Reloaded to be honest. To keep it 100, I've been actively trying to keep away from the deep life. After the feds took the long series of outtages at SR, (which RANDOMLY HAPPENED to coincide with everything regarding MegaUpload/ThePirateBay/etc,) all I really do is leech and delete.

I'll still remember the good old times, though. IP sniffing to scare the newfs, the raids, the DDOS attacks... Ahhhh. Better days.

The Golden Age :smokin

I'm in the same boat though. I don't even trust anonymity at this point, I'm just very very careful and make sure everything is backed up and completely wiped from my primary machines. I stay off the deep for the most part now.

Stay safe out here, b. The knowledgeable are under a microscope.

your so right why would u need 10k songs. I listen to one song everyday, why would i need so much music *sarcasm*

Theres a bunch of people who've been sued for downloading music illegally. But it was people with like 10,000 songs
laugh.gif
. Eff you need 10k songs for.
right what on earth would u need that much for. I only listen to one song. BUT I only listen to it in 10-15 second increments so it doesn't get old. That way it always stays fresh, and I wouldn't need 10k worth of music lol

Do you have a dedicated machine for the deep web? I've been trading files since the bbs days and the deep web is the only thing I've ever come across that scares me.

Labels go after distributors not consumers. Just dont seed and you'll be safe. If you're really concerned jump on to i2p.

Do you have a dedicated machine for the deep web? I've been trading files since the bbs days and the deep web is the only thing I've ever come across that scares me.

Labels go after distributors not consumers. Just dont seed and you'll be safe. If you're really concerned jump on to i2p.

Proxies are all you really need; TOR for traversing places where you're scared you might leave a digital finger prints. I have a desktop machine that I only use ad-hoc networks to connect to the internet with. :lol: @ BBS. Reminds me of all those PHP forums.

But you're absolutely right. Distribution is the sole reason for prosectution.

who says NTers ain't bout that life, you got the Avon Barksdales of Limewire on here

Back
Top Bottom