has any retro broken down already on anyone yet?

Last night while I was cleaing my retro black/cement 3 (01) I started thinking if anyone from nike talk already had a retro that they wore a lot break down onthem yet (I mean cracked) I know a deadstock pair will but how about a pair you rock. At least 10 times a year.

Originally Posted by tz85

Last night while I was cleaing my retro black/cement 3 (01) I started thinking if anyone from nike talk already had a retro that they wore a lot break down on them yet (I mean cracked) I know a deadstock pair will but how about a pair you rock. At least 10 times a year.

None of mine have.

the suede on my black/inf vi's started to chip off and the sole began to separate mid last year and i used to wear them ALL the time. the suede waschipping only cause my girl was always foot steppin, but no idea why the sole was separating

I'm sure it has happened. I don't care what brand of sneakers it is...any pair of shoes that are worn to the ground over the time will deteriorate andfall apart at some point.

I had a pair of Mars IV's start squeaking for some reason. Sold em mighty quick. It's a shame too because they were only worn a handful of times...

here's all of mine:

black cement iii (01)= Doing fine. Sole feels perfect. But tongue has bluish tint from jeans
frown.gif
. And no sign of cracking.
Black red IV (99)= Sole feels a lil soft. I'm scared about that. But I just wore em today. Doing fine. Nubuck is chipping off though.
Black infrared vi (00)= Perfect. But nubuck chipping, and it's yellow as hell.
Fire red V (99)=Sole feels a little soft too. But it's perfect. Barely yellow.

I'm suprised noone has mentioned 8s yet, from what I hear they're the easiest to crack.
My chrome 8s midsole is already starting to chip after about 10 wears from me.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

I had a pair of Mars IV's start squeaking for some reason. Sold em mighty quick. It's a shame too because they were only worn a handful of times...

I heard taking out the insoles and putting some baby powder or something along those lines can fix the squeaking problems.

well there not retros but i have a pair of classic 23s that i un-ds-ed last week and the paint chipped like i had been hoopin in em for years

yea my retro are all in good shape but my vi suade is chip but not od and damn im scared of buying some laney i think the retro jays was done a little betterwhen it comes to breaking apart lets hope because i love my cement 3 from 01

I un-ds'ed a pair of white/classic green IVs from 2004, the midsole paint chipped like crazy....it was awful. I hear it's the same with the grey/black'04 IVs too...

none of mine have yet (knock on wood) but like others, i store mine very well and clean them before i stock them.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I'm sure it has happened. I don't care what brand of sneakers it is...any pair of shoes that are worn to the ground over the time will deteriorate and fall apart at some point.

agree, all you can do is take care of your shoes the best you can and hope for the best

Originally Posted by tz85

Last night while I was cleaing my retro black/cement 3 (01) I started thinking if anyone from nike talk already had a retro that they wore a lot break down on them yet (I mean cracked) I know a deadstock pair will but how about a pair you rock. At least 10 times a year.
i got black/cement 3s from 01 as well. i've been rocking them fairly heavily since 02. they're pretty beat, but they show no signs ofbreaking down.

Back
Top Bottom