Has an artist ever done anything that made you say "I'm not going to support you."

50 Bars of Poison had me starting to check for Alley Boy, then this nonsense materializes

And I decided that I wasn't going to support the dude, then I started thinking about other times when an artist did something or said something that litterally had me like
And in the time I've been buying my own music there have only been a few times.
This

This foolishness
r-kelly-masked-up.jpg

And not because of the "incident" either, because this idiot, indited on charges that he took advantage of a child changes his moniker to that of a figure who corrupted children through music...  The Pied Piper? Really Kellz?
And most recently

After that I really can't rock with Lupe anymore. I am glad that he is adamant about expressing his opinion and sticking to his values but you can't just tell people NOT to vote. His stance on that is more damaging than him simply calling Barack Obama a terrorist.
Honorable mention
Joe-Budden-Esther-Baxter-ICEDOTCOM.jpg
You're getting reeeeal close Joey...
You ever make a concious decision not to support an artist because of their actions or thoughts?

50 Bars of Poison had me starting to check for Alley Boy, then this nonsense materializes

And I decided that I wasn't going to support the dude, then I started thinking about other times when an artist did something or said something that litterally had me like
And in the time I've been buying my own music there have only been a few times.
This

This foolishness
r-kelly-masked-up.jpg

And not because of the "incident" either, because this idiot, indited on charges that he took advantage of a child changes his moniker to that of a figure who corrupted children through music...  The Pied Piper? Really Kellz?
And most recently

After that I really can't rock with Lupe anymore. I am glad that he is adamant about expressing his opinion and sticking to his values but you can't just tell people NOT to vote. His stance on that is more damaging than him simply calling Barack Obama a terrorist.
Honorable mention
Joe-Budden-Esther-Baxter-ICEDOTCOM.jpg
You're getting reeeeal close Joey...
You ever make a concious decision not to support an artist because of their actions or thoughts?

Sure ...
- Chris Brown. I think we all know why. Once he seemed sincere about being sorry, my view on him changed.
- Budden.
laugh.gif
You hit the nail on the head. I'm sorry, but this guy physically assaults women, but gets stepped to by a man and backs down. And yet, people still stand by him.

Sure ...
- Chris Brown. I think we all know why. Once he seemed sincere about being sorry, my view on him changed.
- Budden.
laugh.gif
You hit the nail on the head. I'm sorry, but this guy physically assaults women, but gets stepped to by a man and backs down. And yet, people still stand by him.

I hadn't ever really wanted to support Young Breezy. He gets the same pass as Budden I believe that both of those men were in abusive relationships, I ain't saying that makes it right but if a woman attacks you like a man, then you have a right to defend yourself.

But Chris Brown's persona does seem different now, I wouldn't let my little girl/sister whatever buy his albums.

I hadn't ever really wanted to support Young Breezy. He gets the same pass as Budden I believe that both of those men were in abusive relationships, I ain't saying that makes it right but if a woman attacks you like a man, then you have a right to defend yourself.

But Chris Brown's persona does seem different now, I wouldn't let my little girl/sister whatever buy his albums.

Saigon- He was all on this black unity tip and he could REALLY REALLY spit. Then the homophopic rants, the punching of Prodigy made me no longer check for him. Didn't even DL his album.

Oasis-Comments on Bloc Party, Jay-Z

I think that's it. Lupe is stupid but I more so don't mess with him cause his last album was booty butt cheeks

Saigon- He was all on this black unity tip and he could REALLY REALLY spit. Then the homophopic rants, the punching of Prodigy made me no longer check for him. Didn't even DL his album.

Oasis-Comments on Bloc Party, Jay-Z

I think that's it. Lupe is stupid but I more so don't mess with him cause his last album was booty butt cheeks

kanye at ema's crashing the stage bc of justice vid
laugh.gif
it was funny when he said hell na, but once he said his video cost a million dollars, he stood on a mountain and that he hadnt seen their video. I didnt care to much about dude but once the album dropped i had to listen after a while.
didnt help that he bit justice video for good life too

kanye at ema's crashing the stage bc of justice vid
laugh.gif
it was funny when he said hell na, but once he said his video cost a million dollars, he stood on a mountain and that he hadnt seen their video. I didnt care to much about dude but once the album dropped i had to listen after a while.
didnt help that he bit justice video for good life too

No. As long as the artist keeps putting out music that I like, I couldn't give 2 #*$ about what they do.

No. As long as the artist keeps putting out music that I like, I couldn't give 2 #*$ about what they do.

I've stopped supporting or even DLing and listening to MF DOOM. That DoomPoster *%%# is inexcusable,
30t6p3b.gif

Dude was one of my favorite rappers at one point.

I've stopped supporting or even DLing and listening to MF DOOM. That DoomPoster *%%# is inexcusable,
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

30t6p3b.gif

First artist that came to mind. 
Faking your live performances that your fans have paid to see will always be
sick.gif
 to me. Lost my support

Back
Top Bottom