Happy 70th birthday to commissioner David Stern

He taught Roger Goodell well....piece of ****.

**** him, he destroyed the first sport I truly learned to love. :lol: at least he acknowledges the hate, ******g herb. The dickhead loves the hate too.

Selig, Roger, then Stern.

Sometimes I feel form Goodell because he was thrown in a tough situation with how big of a problem player safety has become.

Sometimes I feel form Goodell because he was thrown in a tough situation with how big of a problem player safety has become.
Pretty much agree with your sentiments. As much as Roger is disliked publicly, he handles his commissioner duties fairly well since taking over for Paul.

I don't like the Bountygate situation though, Goodell seemingly bluffed with his surefire evidence and Vilma's team called him on it. Looks bad in terms of PR and public perception.

Goodell definitely jumped the gun with the whole situation. Completely went about it the wrong way. But with that said I firmly believe Vilma is lying his *** off. He'll probably completely get away with it because of how Goodell handled it.

Goodell definitely jumped the gun with the whole situation. Completely went about it the wrong way. But with that said I firmly believe Vilma is lying his *** off. He'll probably completely get away with it because of how Goodell handled it.
I was quite shocked Gregg Williams completely threw Vilma (and potentially other players) under the bus to save his own tail with the signed affidavit. He should never coach in the NFL again, that's my opinion.

time for this guy to retire and hand the reins over the someone younger who has a feel for what's good for the game / the fans today and the future . . . not someone stuck in the past . . .

time for this guy to retire and hand the reins over the someone younger who has a feel for what's good for the game / the fans today and the future . . . not someone stuck in the past . . .
His successor, Adam Silver, is like a robot protege. I expect more of the same if not worse for years to come.

I honestly don't think David is a real basketball fan. He just sees this as a great job. Almost like me being presented a high office job in mlb. No way I'm turning down millions just because it's not my favorite sport. Stern has truly hurt the league.

For the longest I didn't know he received a law degree from Columbia. Son looks damn good for 70.

*looks at avi*

Still feel like Roger's a better commissioner than David Stern?

And Bud Selig has done nothing for the growth of baseball.  If someone can enlighten me, I'd love to hear it. 

Paul Tagliabue >*

He helped the NBA become the 2nd most popular sport in the world in part to his rapid globalization. 

No one grew their sport as much as he did the NBA. 

i wish i could rep $tern for his "have you stopped beating your wife" line he shot at jim rome though :lol:

He's a conceded ******* but he's done wonders for the league. Looking at the incompetence of Goodell and other right now the NBA should consider itself lucky to have a figure who has been mostly a positive influence running the league.

i wish i could rep $tern for his "have you stopped beating your wife" line he shot at jim rome though :lol:

Do you understand the amount of ***** you have to lack in order to get something like that off? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :pimp:

I hate him for some of the things he's done to the game I love but I respect his Troll.

Back
Top Bottom