Halo: Reach - 9.14.2010... thoughts?

What's wrong with SWAT and the DMR?
I was getting bodied when I played it last night, but that's because they had a gang of dudes up on top of the mountain and on top of bases. Could barely respawn

What's wrong with SWAT and the DMR?
I was getting bodied when I played it last night, but that's because they had a gang of dudes up on top of the mountain and on top of bases. Could barely respawn

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

BR > Needle Rifle > DMR > Carbine

DMR is sooo random for me. I get bodied in 3-5 shots even when I'm getting headshots too. I like the Needle Rifle better because of the needle explosion and I feel its easier to aim because the reticule doesn't blow up as big as the DMR. DMR is stronger but I'll take Needle Rifle. And yeah, I feel whoever mentioned SWAT gametype with the DMR, just doesn't feel right.

needle rifle is by far the worst gun ever, ive used it and feels like it doesnt even do anything to my enemy.

My roommate and I just beat the Campaign on Legendary, I can't say that I feel for any of the Spartans (Knowing they can only die during a cut-scene...buzzkill). Watching them stand in the middle of about 4-5 Elites trading blows is all but hilarious, especially when I try and peak out for a glimmer of a second only to be killed instantaneously as they all divert their attention from him to me. I haven't touched a Halo title since 2, but after playing through this I can say that I feel like I haven't missed much.

My roommate and I just beat the Campaign on Legendary, I can't say that I feel for any of the Spartans (Knowing they can only die during a cut-scene...buzzkill). Watching them stand in the middle of about 4-5 Elites trading blows is all but hilarious, especially when I try and peak out for a glimmer of a second only to be killed instantaneously as they all divert their attention from him to me. I haven't touched a Halo title since 2, but after playing through this I can say that I feel like I haven't missed much.

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Playing campaign on legendary solo. I can definitely say that this is THE hardest game to complete on hardest difficulty from the shooters I've played on xbox (COD4, MW2, Gears 1 & Gears 2). I die so many times on some checkpoints. Mad frustrating.

what mission are you on?

I just finished My solo Legendary run....the !++% gets hard around The level called Exodus...

So happy to have that achievement.

GT - KingParappa
Firefight one day guys

Playing campaign on legendary solo. I can definitely say that this is THE hardest game to complete on hardest difficulty from the shooters I've played on xbox (COD4, MW2, Gears 1 & Gears 2). I die so many times on some checkpoints. Mad frustrating.

what mission are you on?

I just finished My solo Legendary run....the !++% gets hard around The level called Exodus...

So happy to have that achievement.

GT - KingParappa
Firefight one day guys

what mission are you on?

I just finished the fifth. Some points so far were insane to complete..

what mission are you on?

I just finished the fifth. Some points so far were insane to complete..

I feel this game is b etter suited for lone wolves like myself. The only times I have gotten slaughtered is in double team. I usually hold at least a 1.1+ kill death ratio even in Arena TS going all rambo and stuff 
laugh.gif

Team Swat is the greatest of all. I swear I average 25 kills per game in that game type. I feel like clint eastwood and !%+!.
pimp.gif

I feel this game is b etter suited for lone wolves like myself. The only times I have gotten slaughtered is in double team. I usually hold at least a 1.1+ kill death ratio even in Arena TS going all rambo and stuff 
laugh.gif

Team Swat is the greatest of all. I swear I average 25 kills per game in that game type. I feel like clint eastwood and !%+!.
pimp.gif

I'm playing Legendary and on solo... man is it hard as nails for real.

I'm on Exodus... and I've been stuck on this part like for 4 hours straight now and it's driving me crazy... but I'm addicted and can't stop.

It's the part where you get dropped off by the flying helicopter thing and you head through some grass and there's a Wraith around there.

Man I've never been stuck so long in the same part for a Halo game like I am with this.

To note... that Wraith thing is a bunch of BS... I'm nowhere near in it's sight and yet it somehow knows where to throw that damn big cannonball thing at me... and I'll be on the other side of the map way out of it's field of vision... and it knows how to anticipate of where you're going to too... not to mention one hit with that stupid cannonball and you're done.

I know Halo 3 gets a lot of flack, but I prefer it over Reach for multiplayer online... for the time being though because I'm pretty sure I'll get used to Reach.

DMR isn't that bad after you get used to it, but like others said the BR is the sh..

Spaceship shooting level was
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

GT: Never Had Much

I'm on Exodus... and I've been stuck on this part like for 4 hours straight now and it's driving me crazy... but I'm addicted and can't stop.

It's the part where you get dropped off by the flying helicopter thing and you head through some grass and there's a Wraith around there.

Man I've never been stuck so long in the same part for a Halo game like I am with this.

To note... that Wraith thing is a bunch of BS... I'm nowhere near in it's sight and yet it somehow knows where to throw that damn big cannonball thing at me... and I'll be on the other side of the map way out of it's field of vision... and it knows how to anticipate of where you're going to too... not to mention one hit with that stupid cannonball and you're done.

I know Halo 3 gets a lot of flack, but I prefer it over Reach for multiplayer online... for the time being though because I'm pretty sure I'll get used to Reach.

DMR isn't that bad after you get used to it, but like others said the BR is the sh..

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I had a hard time with Exodus too but I was having problems before that part. For the wraiths (yes there is 2), drive the warthog up the hill and kill those grunts. Then drive to the wraith and get behind it. That is its blind side. Say there. It can't shoot you from behind. Rest of that level is easy. You are at the end you can do it!

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I had a hard time with Exodus too but I was having problems before that part. For the wraiths (yes there is 2), drive the warthog up the hill and kill those grunts. Then drive to the wraith and get behind it. That is its blind side. Say there. It can't shoot you from behind. Rest of that level is easy. You are at the end you can do it!

Originally Posted by knightngale

I feel this game is b etter suited for lone wolves like myself. The only times I have gotten slaughtered is in double team.

You can't play team deathmatch with random people in this game.. Unless you happen to be playing against a team that is full of random people who don't know each other as well. The team games in this game are really team games. In Modern Warfare 2 you can join a random team deathmatch and still do well even if you're playing against a clan. In this one, they're always walking 3-4 together, at least 2. And there is no way you can kill both of them like you can in MW2 even if you catch them from behind. That's why it's best to play the team oriented games only when you're with your friends, otherwise stick to regular slayer.

Originally Posted by knightngale

I feel this game is b etter suited for lone wolves like myself. The only times I have gotten slaughtered is in double team.

You can't play team deathmatch with random people in this game.. Unless you happen to be playing against a team that is full of random people who don't know each other as well. The team games in this game are really team games. In Modern Warfare 2 you can join a random team deathmatch and still do well even if you're playing against a clan. In this one, they're always walking 3-4 together, at least 2. And there is no way you can kill both of them like you can in MW2 even if you catch them from behind. That's why it's best to play the team oriented games only when you're with your friends, otherwise stick to regular slayer.

Since your life doesn't automatically replenish, it definitely has change the flow of the game. I constantly look for people that were just fighting and get a quick headshot. That hologram item is awesome also. Perfect for snipers on valhalla. I don't know the new name for that map.

I give it a perfect score so far.

Since your life doesn't automatically replenish, it definitely has change the flow of the game. I constantly look for people that were just fighting and get a quick headshot. That hologram item is awesome also. Perfect for snipers on valhalla. I don't know the new name for that map.

I give it a perfect score so far.

^I find it amazing that the same studio that revolutionized multiplayer shooters by introducing regenerating health are now revolutionizing it again by having a part of your health that regenerates and another part that needs a first aid kit. It's like they're a step ahead everyone else. MW2 sure would be better if they had this same principle, then the campers would have to move around to the nearest first aid kit or risk having an unfair fight with someone who has more health. Sure beats a stupid attempt at a solution like painkiller.

^I find it amazing that the same studio that revolutionized multiplayer shooters by introducing regenerating health are now revolutionizing it again by having a part of your health that regenerates and another part that needs a first aid kit. It's like they're a step ahead everyone else. MW2 sure would be better if they had this same principle, then the campers would have to move around to the nearest first aid kit or risk having an unfair fight with someone who has more health. Sure beats a stupid attempt at a solution like painkiller.

soo... after almost a week of playing, is this something that You guys think that everyone should have?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

soo... after almost a week of playing, is this something that You guys think that everyone should have?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom