Halloween: starring Jamie Lee Curtis - Executive produced by John Carpenter Oct. 2018

The ending was stupid, they could’ve been killed him easily. Chopped his head off cut him up everything

I thought it was okay. I didn't really like Jamie Lee Curtis' drastic personality change though.

Officially pushed back to next year. Can't say i'm surprised, considering, but it would've been nice to look forward to it during this fall, even if they went the VOD route.

Been trying to to stay out of here in case any spoilers, etc get posted. I wanna go into this thing totally fresh. Me and my boys rented out a whole screen at our theater for Halloween Kills. Didn't wanna deal with idiots talking and carrying on. :rofl:

Just wanted to let you guys know that I talked to James Jude Courtney who plays "The Shape" in the new ones a couple weeks ago. Told him how much I was looking forward to this one, and mentioned how the trailers make it look like they turned Mike's brutality up a couple of notches from 2018. He said that we wouldn't be disappointed and that the brutality in Halloween Kills "is like the last one on steroids." :wow:

20210912_113220.jpg

My main be complaint about the 2018 reboot was that they swerved Michael into Jason Voorhees in that he killed every single person that crossed his path…I mean he was a very methodical killer in the first movie and absolutely didn’t kill every single time he encountered a random person…This new movie seems to double down on the Jason Voorhees randomly kill everybody approach…

Can't wait to watch this... ill go to the theaters to watch too instead of on fire stick lol

this movie was ******* terrible. Seriously????!! You’re really gonna bring a knife into a gun fight??? Or should I say baseball bats, hockey sticks, 2x4s, etc….. I thought they steered clear from that stupid horror stigma last movie, but I guess they decided to bring it back to drag this series. I’m so heated :lol:

My main be complaint about the 2018 reboot was that they swerved Michael into Jason Voorhees in that he killed every single person that crossed his path…I mean he was a very methodical killer in the first movie and absolutely didn’t kill every single time he encountered a random person…This new movie seems to double down on the Jason Voorhees randomly kill everybody approach…

I think they used a lot of that mystery from the ‘78 Halloween to insinuate that he did more work than what the authorities could prove from their investigation. He killed anybody within his “prowl” radius in the OG too, but they also were working on a smaller budget, so kills & gore were limited and skillfully shot. He would kill and go home. A continuous cycle.

So they literally turned him into Michael Voorhees with that whole immortal ~evil killing machine~ 80’s slasher movie trope…

Seems like they we’re trying to pull him away from that supernatural stuff with the last movie…Aside from ticking up his body count that is (Like Jason Voorhees)…That was just for looks I guess…

2018 reset things just fine, and this one even had a decent explanation for how he got out of the fire…Then they make the ****er immortal…The push towards a Jason type killer was my main complaint about the 2018 movie…Now they literally made him Jason here…

Last edited:
will be watching this weekend either tonight or tomorrow... last week I was suppose to see the new James bond movie but was lazy... but this weekend I'm watching this movie!

this movie was ****ing terrible. Seriously????!! You’re really gonna bring a knife into a gun fight??? Or should I say baseball bats, hockey sticks, 2x4s, etc….. I thought they steered clear from that stupid horror stigma last movie, but I guess they decided to bring it back to drag this series. I’m so heated :lol:

Pretty much have the same sentiments. Some of the kills were done well but many scenes seemed unintentionally funny (the little/big john scenes were obvi thrown in for humor) and them going all in on Myers being "the boogeyman" and literally can't be killed?!?!? Jamie Lee got to collect a nice check just doing her scenes from the hospital and she was in a bed half the time lol. All the flashbacks were unnecessary too, I felt they tried to make you care about too many other characters (I.E. cop, kid who fell and MM spared, old baldie, etc). That whole hospital chaos scene was so bad too, you really have people just going ape shh in the hospital, tearing it down almost to bring down the wrong guy!?!?

3.5/8 for me and don't really think I'd have any desire to rewatch this one.

Back
Top Bottom