Guest List and Club Promoters

How do club promoters make any money of then having a guest list pretty much every week? Like I am able to get in to a couple of clubs with a group of friendsaround my way free pretty much every week as long as I go usually before midnight or 11:30. I mean I am not 21 yet and neither are my people so we don'treally buy drinks but we still get to party for free. How does that work out for them? Usually we don't even have to wait in line or anything. Am I missingsomething?

Some places keep the cover and let the promoter keep some of the bar profit..or vice versa.

Club promoters can make a whole lot of money in certain cities, but they be spending it the same damn night on bottles and ++%%
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Bar sales dwarf cover charges pretty substantially. All the $ in the club industry is in bar sales, and promoters usually get a cut of this.

Well as long as I keep getting in for free with out hardly ever making a line they can keep doing what ever they want lol.

its diff everywhere you go, some places the promoters get paid off of each person on the list, even though your not paying a cover, the club sees that thepromoter is bringing in ppl,
you being underage and your promoter getting u in as 21 (if he is) is (risky) money for the bar, cuz if you under 21 and your in as 21 your gonna drink,
other spots like mentioned its the door, and a % of the bar,

some club will provide the promoters with a bottle (promoter thinks its $100 or w/e, but bar gets it at cost $30ish) or pay them like that,
NEVER get paid by alcohol when your getting it a customer price when theyre buying it at cost. and some places even refill grey goose bottles with well vodka(the cheap kind)
been in the business for almost 10yrs, so i know a bit incase u got other questions

Is anyone here a club promoter? I've been trying to look into it seeing as I live in San Antonio and the club scene out here isn't up to par withplaces like Houston and Dallas.

^^where in sa are you? i dj all over sa (mainly stone oak area)
san antonio is lame, i call it wackantonio, ur comparing it to dallas and houston, which has aloooooooot going on, in sa their is ghetto clubs and tryna beupscale lounges that end up being clubs, ppl r just lame...

^wow that was quick lol. I live around the stone oak area (all the way down long !%% Bulverde)

And yes San Antonio is very lame. Only time it's poppin is during the fall or spring when the D9 frats have parties but even some of those are wack.

After spending a year in the Houston area for school and going to Butterfly Lounge, Club Next, etc. I can't even force myself to go into a club in SanAntonio. I went to Club Rio a couple weeks ago just cause my friend got me and this other guy in for free and it was terrible.
smh.gif

^^i use to dj at rio, lol, its diff, i use to play hiphop house in the front room, but they didnt care much about it cuz the international crowd in the back iswho they cater to,
what kinda scene are you looking for?? im hoping ur over 21
i agree with the fall and spring comments, its about to pick up right now when school starts abck up,
your best bets are mink and luz, (on a sat) fris you can bounce around stone oak and see whutp,
i know there 's a new spot called kluzos on 281 and redland and that should be alright, havent checkd it out,
i dj at luz on sat, open format, mostly house though, its a alright crowd bout 300-400 ppl, but it feels like a lounge cuz the lights are ehh and just thestructure of the place,
mink is cool, all house but the lights and lazers is what gives it a goood feel,
wackantonio is what you make of it, cuz there aint $!+$ to really do ,so u kidna gotta figure it out

I do this in London, I get some people in on the guest list and then I get free drinks and free entry.

^^^^ nah I'm 19 which blows when I'm in S.A. since there are very few clubs i can get in, which is why I'm in Houston whenever I can be. And theonly time I really look forward to goin to one here is when Energizer or Mr. Rogers is in town which is rare.
A guy I work with went to Kluzos. He said it was nice but nothin to write home about.

^oh alright mr rogers is boy with my bro king mike. i dj with him for a bit.
ya if ur 19 u cant do much, i can get u in at duo, thats about it,
besides that only other option u got is the hoood spots.

Back
Top Bottom