Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ModernNotoriety reposted Ben Ballers pic of Jams. Dudes in the comments saying them joints were "restored," but I can't see how yellow '09 soles would be restored that good to icy blue lol. Too suspect tbh.
Supposedly this was used for Ben Barra's pair
horse ****.

0c488608e9b811e29a5b22000a9f15d6_7.jpg

they not miracle workers....da pair ben got are GM...i dunno why people saying his pair are fake, its obvious they are authentic.

i dont know why anyone is making a big deal about it in the first place.

give me a pair of those SJ's for cheap and ill rock them. you guys telling me those look like crap? LULZ

slap yourself

hey guys,

if you need some photos to help do a legit check on your pairs you got overseas, i took some HQ photos for comparison.

please note that they are a size 12, so your pair might not look exactly the same (size wise), so just use for reference.

Shoes were bought on release day from Backdoor Bottega. Closeups can be seen from mostly all parts of the shoe including the details of the box. The only thing that's missing is pics the inside tag(s), where I didn't wanna remove the inserts since this was a pair I just sold to someone on eBay.

View media item 517323View media item 517324View media item 517325
about 29 pics, all full sized. 85MB file.

http://ninetwentynine.com/nt/royal1_hq.zip

hey guys,

if you need some photos to help do a legit check on your pairs you got overseas, i took some HQ photos for comparison.

please note that they are a size 12, so your pair might not look exactly the same (size wise), so just use for reference.

Shoes were bought on release day from Backdoor Bottega. Closeups can be seen from mostly all parts of the shoe including the details of the box. The only thing that's missing is pics the inside tag(s), where I didn't wanna remove the inserts since this was a pair I just sold to someone on eBay.

View media item 517323View media item 517324View media item 517325
about 29 pics, all full sized. 85MB file.

http://ninetwentynine.com/nt/royal1_hq.zip
do they ship to the u.s?

This is getting out of control. What it should be is if you purchased your shoe from Nike, Foot Locker, Finishline, Etc. they are real, authentic. If you purchase your shoe from a mom and pop, such as stores Fulton, stores on Jamaica avenue, you might have an issue. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there fake or GM but I have seen those guy go on there computer and order sneakers that have BEEN sold out. And what I mean by order is log into an actual system and order them. That's fishy as fuc*. And there stores are dope, like you can tell they getting bread. Only a few of us are going to care about this issue. To the casual person buying shoes they give no fuc*s. Fake to them is like neon green 8s, this issue isn't going anywhere so best bet is to get em from your Nike, Finishline, footlocker, but of course that brings up the issue of "what if I can't". Well then, use the euro sites..lol GM been around since I was in HS, 10 years ago. Stores on Jamaica avenue with black and chrome 8s 2 years after the release for $300.00. It aint goin no where, just be careful buy from people you know who are getting it from these sources.

Last edited:
This is getting out of control. What it should be is you purchased your shoe from Nike, Foot Locker, Finishline, Etc. they are real, authentic. If you purchase your shoe from a mom and pop, such as stores Fulton, stores on Jamaica avenue, you might have an issue. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there fake or GM but I have seen those guy go on there computer and order sneakers that have BEEN sold out. And what I mean by order is log into an actual system and order them. That's fishy as fuc*. And there stores are dope, like you can tell they getting bread. Only a few of us are going to care about this issue. To the casual person buying shoes they give no fuc*s. Fake to them is like neon green 8s, this issue isn't going anywhere so best bet is to get em from your Nike, Finishline, footlocker, but of course that brings up the issue of "what if I can't". Well then, use to euro sites..lol GM been around since I was in HS, 10 years ago. Stores on Jamaica avenue with black and chrome 8s 2 years after the release for $300.00. It aint goin no where, just be careful buy from people you know who are getting it from these sources.
uptown jordans $45 in the back.... closing out closing out everything must go lmfao.

do they ship to the u.s?

they did, but not anymore after they were hoarded with US orders on release day. then some idiots filed PayPal claims just after 2 days cause they didn't e-mail back during the weekend, so they only ship to european customers now.

t
hem tatoo people annoying stay asking me if i wana tato n dudes tryna sell they mixtape lmfao.

Can't stand them. Some bush girl ran up on me the other day asking me if I wanted a tattoo, I was like WTF?!... But yeah you noticed how all them dudes working on the ave been there for at least 10+ years. It's crazy, there's a store on the ave with black and gold 1s..right now... One of the employees bought the whole stock, and he keeps it in the back. If you lowkey he gonna ask if you wanna cop.. For $700.00.

t
hem tatoo people annoying stay asking me if i wana tato n dudes tryna sell they mixtape lmfao.

Can't stand them. Some bush girl ran up on me the other day asking me if I wanted a tattoo, I was like WTF?!... But yeah you noticed how all them dudes working on the ave been there for at least 10+ years. It's crazy, there's a store on the ave with black and gold 1s..right now... One of the employees bought the whole stock, and he keeps it in the back. If you lowkey he gonna ask if you wanna cop.. For $700.00.
she look like a man with tatoos on her neck? n lmfao 700 i rather buy a pair of hare 7s ive been feening for those for a while but im holding out to see if jb retro them.

she look like a man with tatoos on her neck? n lmfao 700 i rather buy a pair of hare 7s ive been feening for those for a while but im holding out to see if jb retro them.

Yeah that bit** all on her arms I think her hair is some wild color. Yeah I was lucky to get that pack but I didn't get the pack with the Carmine's and I heard they drop in May. If so imma be so happy.

Yeah that bit** all on her arms I think her hair is some wild color. Yeah I was lucky to get that pack but I didn't get the pack with the Carmine's and I heard they drop in May. If so imma be so happy.
what drops in may?

In what way are you or anyone for that matter qualified to say that the MAJORITY of GM pairs are anything? Have you personally seen the majority of GM sneakers received by costumers? Where have you seen enough GM shoes to be able to even come to that conclusion? If anything ive seen just as many people praise their GM shoes on here and on youtube as complaints. There have even been people on here that have returned their retail pairs because the GMs looked BETTER.

Most of the grey markets strongest critics are people that lurk around the LC/PC thread and think they know what makes a shoe authentic or replica or GM or Bgrade when they dont know a damn thing. Ive seen people go as far as saying they thought a pair of DMP 11s was GM because it was too icy.  There are actually only a handful of people on the LC thread that can ACTUALLY distinguish a gm shoe from RD shoe without even looking at how icy or blue or whatever state the sole. But what I can tell you is if all of these GM shoes that youve seen come from LC/PC thread then all youve gotten good at is seeing flawed shoes. whether fake,gm, bgrade or authentic.  The issue is most people just take a look at a few pages on the LC/PC thread and think theyre experts on[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]  GM shoes. But like i said the only thing youll have seen in there is a bunch of flawed shoes. Because of the nature of the LC thread 99% of the shoes that end up on there are flawed to begin with and rightly so. Why would someone who has shoes that give them no reason to question authenticity, especially if everything checks out when it comes to quality, have to post their shoes on the LC thread? Same goes for YouTube videos. People make YouTube videos for 2 reasons. For reviews and to complain. If you have nothing to complain about and you know your way around an air jordan model whats the use of that thread unless youre there to help others? Most normal people buy a shoe and put it right back into the box if they look good and you never hear another word about it. Essentially the question is this, if we're looking to see if these stand up to the A grade quality Jordans why would you base all of your judgements and opinions off of a forum that draws in b-dgrades, heavily used and worn shoes, fakes, and shoes that have issues that cause you to question authenticity to begin with? Whether GM or not.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]If you wanted to become familiar with what brand new shoes look like would you go to footlocker or would you go to the goodwill store? youd go to footlocker because new shoes IS THEIR FOCUS. So if you want to know what an unflawed shoe looks like why would you go to a thread that naturally draws in and exploits flaws in shoes in the first place? Because questionable quality shoes is the focus of the LC thread.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Lol its so funny that people think that they can learn more about GM shoes from the LC thread than from this thread itself that focusses soley on GM shoes.[/color]
People are pretty much looking for stuff that's not there on those LC threads.  I posted up my own pair of legit Yeezy Solar Reds purchased from Nike Store asking for a legit check, because I wanted to see for myself if people could actually tell.  Several people thought they might be fake and had something off on them.  Point is if authentic pairs have flaws on them, you really don't even have a base line to judge on a GM pair.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom