Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
miles,
Not my shoes, I believe they came from the site you stated. I cant verify the quality. I can request more pics tho. They are around $147 after you add shipping and taxes your looking at close to $200 shipped. Not a good deal in my opinion considering you have Jordan 11s,12s,13s,3s,4s for cheaper on the site.

Pics below of the sole differences. Now, again just asking, when a GM shop markets Space Jams with Blue Box insert, Blue Shoe Tree, etc, they should be 2009 Space Jams, right? So, the mold should be from the 2009 shoe with the same shape. Clearly, this isn't happening because they are shaped more like Concords with flat soles. Basically, they're using the Space Jam material and building it around a Concord mold...How Can This Still Be Authentic (No BS about just using materials)? Authentic should be true to the designer's intention.

My dude, the minute you buy a retro - all of the designer's intentions are thrown out the window.

Over-analyzing retro shapes and differences is pointless - the only deciding factor should be quality of materials used. 'Banana-boat' shapes and good materials are tolerable, the aforementioned and garbage materials are unacceptable.

If the GM can produce a retro sneaker that is of better quality than the 'authentic' then that makes you wonder if the 'authentic' is 'fake'.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd leave this here for comparison

The Difference between USA and Gray Market Canon Lenses
When shopping for your Canon lenses, you will likely run into 2 versions of the same lens. One will be the "USA" model and the other will be denoted as "Gray/Grey Market", "Imported" or "Direct Import".

What is the difference?

The "USA" Canon lenses are imported to the US by Canon USA. "USA" Canon lens warranties are supported by any Canon service facility worldwide. They are also eligible for Canon lens rebates - both instant rebates and mail-in rebates.

The "Gray/Grey Market", "Imported" or "Direct Import" Canon lenses are directly imported by the retailer or their import agent. They are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. At least they "say" they are not covered. Word on the street is that Canon covers gray market lenses under their standard warranty if an invoice from an authorized dealer can be produced. This mirrors my experience as well.

Most reputable retailers will provide their own same-as-manufacturer's warranty on "Gray/Grey Market", "Imported" or "Direct Import" Canon lenses. Instead of sending the lens to Canon, you send it to the retailer.

What physical difference is there between USA and Gray Market Canon Lenses?

Usually none - in fact, I have yet to find a difference. These Canon lenses are made in same factory using the same parts and are identical in the finished product form. Reputable retailers would make any differences clear before you bought the lens. Scam retailers will give you lines such as "You have ordered the plastic mount gray market version of this lens". If you hear that line or any similar upsell tactic, consider a red warning flag raised.

The attractive difference in a Gray Market Canon lens is price. The imported version is nearly always cheaper - sometimes even cheaper than with the rebates offered on the USA versions.

So which should you buy? I'll let that decision up to you, but will say that I have far more than one copy of the "Gray/Grey Market", "Imported" or "Direct Import" Canon lenses.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/Gray-Market.aspx

People buy grey market all the time. At this point. I'm going to pick up a few pairs myself and just enjoy the shoes.

The price on Royal 1's just dropped almost 50%. They're under $160 now.

So **** it. I'll cop the Royals and 88's. Maybe even metalic V's. It really doesn't bother me if they're deemed "legit" by community standards.

^This.

I'm not even about to spend $500 for royal 1's that just dropped. Resellers killed the thrill of the chase for me. All I want to do is buy the shoe reasonably priced and wear them and resellers have made it near impossible to do that these days. So i'll do what i gotta do to get the shoes for a fair price.

It's impressive how my friend's ER is the same as my OR Toro 4s. Speaking of ERs, do they come from the same source?

royal ones for under $160?... shipped?
more like 190 after everything is said and done, or maybe people are looking somewhere im not

Yeah, around $190 shipped. At one point I think they were going for almost $300 shipped before they dropped the prices.

Still better than what they're going for from resellers though.

I'll pay $200 shipped if I know I'm getting something I really want.

They dropped the prices because they know they can't make money if they're charging an arm and a leg for all their pairs. Usually the newest pairs will cost around 1500-2250 yuan and the older ones will be around 500-998 yuan.

Last edited:
miles,
Not my shoes, I believe they came from the site you stated. I cant verify the quality. I can request more pics tho. They are around $147 after you add shipping and taxes your looking at close to $200 shipped. Not a good deal in my opinion considering you have Jordan 11s,12s,13s,3s,4s for cheaper on the site.
$200 if the quality is the same OKs a steal considering v they are $400 on eBay. The other jays are subjective to me since I'm trying to complete this one collection.

$200 if the quality is the same OKs a steal considering v they are $400 on eBay. The other jays are subjective to me since I'm trying to complete this one collection.

Depending on how you look at em, In my head its hard to pay over $110 for a pair of Jordan 1s. I never could do it, with dunks being $85. So minus the hype around the shoe $200 is a pass for me even if they was directly from Nike.com. However if I was willing to pay $400 for them 200 would be a steal and I would take my chances. I would never pay that for a pair off 1s tho

What do you guys think of the GM DB4s?

Never seen a pair off DB4s from Nike.com, the ones I seen from the Grey Market have a lot of detail in the bottom sole and around the shoe that think has to be authentic or they spent a lot of time making this shoe look real. Don't think the normal shoe consumers can tell what is real or fake anymore with the DB4s since not too many people got em.

http://i.imgur.com/fisV4ZN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IUMdFaZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kn56W88.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ASQhRaL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/f6XEBVL.jpg

with the price drop in the royals I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of pics coming this week. Search youtube, there are a couple of pairs of this shoe that are reviewed in the last 5 days. All of them came from the same place just different sites.

Last edited:
I know what you're intending, but I would mean the official designer of the Retro in that case. :rolleyes

That's a tricky one - Nike supplies the manufacturer in China with a 'tech pack'. With some OG shoes it is possible that someone at Nike reverse engineers the shoe to come up with a 'retro' so there could be a 'designer' in theory. With the case of Nike/Jordan product - each retro has both subtle and not so subtle differences with a prior retro. Whether this is due to a 'tech pack' issue or the Chinese manufacturer not giving a damn is anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom