Great..It was gonna happen sooner or later (Paypal) UPDATE!!

I've been dealing with paypal for the past 7 years. I have heard all the stories under the sun.

I've sold everything from elmos to wiis to Ps3s to my grandma on Ebay. I was actually a lucky one not to get a chargeback for the PS3 I sold for $2500.

Well, today was the day. I sold something on ebay for around $200 mid December. It was artwork.

My rules are simple. Must have over 5 feedback. Unfortun, I didn't follow my rules with this one. The guy had 0 but paid me immediately. And to help hiscase, he lived in NY so we met up and I gave it to him. Guy was mad cool. He was Indian and it was an easy transaction.

2 months later (today), i received the chargeback. I am assuming it his job or he stole a credit card from them. I am a fool.

Good thing though is that the money is all profit but still, it just bothers me that I shook this s**thead's hand. Prob where he comes from they would chiphis s**t off.

It just was not a good feeling to wake up to.

And I am usually the one giving ppl advice and look at me....
eyes.gif

UPDATE!!!

So I am at work right now and all morning I have bene trying to get to the bottom of it. I just don't want to give in.

I called the company and it really sounded fake. Hardcore Indian guy answering phone told me to hold and then hung up.

I kept trying and trying. I ended up getting thru and speaking to the accounts guy. He was pretty cool. Said though there was no information regarding it buthell check more into it. You know when they say that what they really mean...

Anyway, I found the # of the guy and it was his house #. I reversed searched it and found out his address and everything.

So I call back the guy now and he is like the ebay name you gave me (the buyer) is a nickame of one of the sons at the other office.

DADA DA------------------------------

And then I gave him the name and # of the guy and as im spelling the last name the guy continued spelling and was like "yea he is an employee forus". Im like he was a young guy though hes like yea its his son.

Then i just told him i dont want to get anyone in trouble but maybe it was just miscommunication on the father/son part. Being that the father didn't knowthat the son paid for it.

Welll see what happens....

I am getting a little happier

UPDATE 2 (for anyone that cares lol)

THE BUYER CALLED!!!

Apologized for everything and in 48 hours it will be reversed.

WOWW!!!

PAYPAL 0 SELLER 1

get over it...

its not like he frauded you...

you got your panties in a bunch for no reason...

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

get over it...

not like he frauded me?

Did you read what I wrote? He paid me for something, took it, and now he is saying that he never got it?

get over it...

are we reading the same thread??

this is why you neever do a meetup for a paypal transaction, seen it happen way to many times

Originally Posted by iswearimcool

get over it...

are we reading the same thread??

this is why you neever do a meetup for a paypal transaction, seen it happen way to many times
yea man I know trust me. But this thing was 6 feet tall so its a pain to ship.

Never again. I just needed it to happen to me for me to realize

thats sucks. ive paid someone through paypal while receiving the item directly from them

i would have seen it coming.

never do a meet up for a PayPal transaction, that's just giving them a chance to screw you over.

^^did the dude leave feed back saying he got it???

Because if he did, then you might have a case.

I always wondered about that.
Because I could pay for something through paypal, and tell someone that I want to pick it up locally and they'll have no proof that I picked it up.

You should have sent an empty box to his address with a delivery confirmation slip on it!! LOL!
Then you'd be safe!

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^did the dude leave feed back saying he got it???

Because if he did, then you might have a case.
yep! got the email saying he loved it.

But now I have the company on my side so its all good. Something good shoul dhappen from this

You accepted paypal for a meetup
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
laugh.gif
. You know you need online proof to a confirmed address that the buyer receivedthe item to be covered by paypal. For meetups only accept cash.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Originally Posted by Paul is a Reseller ph1k85

You accepted paypal for a meetup
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
laugh.gif
. You know you need online proof to a confirmed address that the buyer received the item to be covered by paypal. For meetups only accept cash.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

I know this man. I don't know what I was thinking.

Your lucky.

Same thing happened to me.(Well to my brother cause I sold it for him)

Some kid bought his some cooling system my bro had for the comp.

I think it was like $160. So the kid asked to meet up and I said okay.
Met up with him not too far from my house.

Dude went to Prep Highschool and met me afterschool with his mom dad and sis in the car.

Couple days later the kid emails me and says he broke it and wants his money back.

I laughed and how is that my problem.

Well 2 weeks go by, I get an email from paypal.

Told me it was a stolen credit card and I needed to provide a tracking number.

Told them I met up with him/Dont have a tracking number and they asked why would I do that, Yada Yada.

Sure enough I get beat, Paypal told me I can take him to small claims.

I took the L.

Also is the reason I dont do meetups for anything anymore.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Your lucky.

Same thing happened to me.(Well to my brother cause I sold it for him)

Some kid bought his some cooling system my bro had for the comp.

I think it was like $160. So the kid asked to meet up and I said okay.
Met up with him not too far from my house.

Dude went to Prep Highschool and met me afterschool with his mom dad and sis in the car.

Couple days later the kid emails me and says he broke it and wants his money back.

I laughed and how is that my problem.

Well 2 weeks go by, I get an email from paypal.

Told me it was a stolen credit card and I needed to provide a tracking number.

Told them I met up with him/Dont have a tracking number and they asked why would I do that, Yada Yada.

Sure enough I get beat, Paypal told me I can take him to small claims.

I took the L.

Also is the reason I dont do meetups for anything anymore.

thats why you do cash when you do meetups

good ending. did he sound scared? like he obviously tried to pull a fast one but surprised you caught it and put up a fight?

Back
Top Bottom