grape/laney pack expected in stock 16th July 2011

@trappedintime Well stated.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Prices would skyrocket where? Everyone knows the secondary market for the grape/laney pack (if and when it drops) will be one of the most sought after in a long time. Don't fool yourself, hypebeasts are crawling all over anything Jordan releases. A last minute release isn't really going to change that one way or another.
I think the inflated prices of the Infrared pack we saw for some time is a great example of what I'm talking about.  They played fool with the release for a while, stalling, creating rumors, hype built and built.  There you have as you call the "secondary market" price hike.

Hypebeasts are not crawling all over everything that Jordan releases to the extent that we are discussing here.  For example, the Bordeauxs did not sell for $400+ at any point as the YOTR did.  So, obviously there will always be a different degree of "crawling" for the different releases.

If anticipation builds and the release is suspended or drawn out I see the "hype" hittin' some ridiculous levels.

To answer your question, which you basically answered yourself, the prices I'm referring to would obviously be outside of the major retail chains as it is their policy to sell at MSRP.

I suppose you are right, but I think there are other factors at play, especially with hypebeasts. Kanye's obsession with the Infrared VIs has pushed them to the top of the hypebeast manifest, and I think that's part of the reason they remain so expensive on the secondary market. Then again it was an OG colorway that he won his first championship in, so perhaps I'm overanalyzing the factors at play.
The only area I disagree with you fully is your example of the Bordeaux vs YOTR VII. I don't think it's fair to compare a GR like the Bordeaux against the LE YOTR where there were only a few thousand pairs released. Hype for these limited releases will always trump those of a GR. Would a Grape/Laney pack actually be limited? Perhaps so, but it seems like this year JB is trying to maximize profits and satisfy custies with as many GRs as possible (and in pretty large quantities for a GR). I've been able to get every retro release with ease this year, and even the YOTR wasn't that hard. I think my store had 24 pairs and about 30 people who showed up to grab them.

I don't know if JB cares or not, but they obviously are aware of the demand that's been created in the mainstream the past couple years, and I think in general they've tried to make sure true collectors and loyal customers don't get screwed if possible.

Now THATS real.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Prices would skyrocket where? Everyone knows the secondary market for the grape/laney pack (if and when it drops) will be one of the most sought after in a long time. Don't fool yourself, hypebeasts are crawling all over anything Jordan releases. A last minute release isn't really going to change that one way or another.
I think the inflated prices of the Infrared pack we saw for some time is a great example of what I'm talking about.  They played fool with the release for a while, stalling, creating rumors, hype built and built.  There you have as you call the "secondary market" price hike.

Hypebeasts are not crawling all over everything that Jordan releases to the extent that we are discussing here.  For example, the Bordeauxs did not sell for $400+ at any point as the YOTR did.  So, obviously there will always be a different degree of "crawling" for the different releases.

If anticipation builds and the release is suspended or drawn out I see the "hype" hittin' some ridiculous levels.

To answer your question, which you basically answered yourself, the prices I'm referring to would obviously be outside of the major retail chains as it is their policy to sell at MSRP.

I suppose you are right, but I think there are other factors at play, especially with hypebeasts. Kanye's obsession with the Infrared VIs has pushed them to the top of the hypebeast manifest, and I think that's part of the reason they remain so expensive on the secondary market. Then again it was an OG colorway that he won his first championship in, so perhaps I'm overanalyzing the factors at play.
The only area I disagree with you fully is your example of the Bordeaux vs YOTR VII. I don't think it's fair to compare a GR like the Bordeaux against the LE YOTR where there were only a few thousand pairs released. Hype for these limited releases will always trump those of a GR. Would a Grape/Laney pack actually be limited? Perhaps so, but it seems like this year JB is trying to maximize profits and satisfy custies with as many GRs as possible (and in pretty large quantities for a GR). I've been able to get every retro release with ease this year, and even the YOTR wasn't that hard. I think my store had 24 pairs and about 30 people who showed up to grab them.

I don't know if JB cares or not, but they obviously are aware of the demand that's been created in the mainstream the past couple years, and I think in general they've tried to make sure true collectors and loyal customers don't get screwed if possible.

Now THATS real.

@trappedintime: I agree with everything you said except the first statement about the Infrared VI's. Theyve been hot longer than Kanye's been around and I know for me and a lot of older JB fans the infrared VI's are my favorite Jordan shoe and colorway.

@trappedintime: I agree with everything you said except the first statement about the Infrared VI's. Theyve been hot longer than Kanye's been around and I know for me and a lot of older JB fans the infrared VI's are my favorite Jordan shoe and colorway.

nice grapes^^

What would be hotter? A Grape Ice 23 w/ New Emerald shadowing or vice versa. Some will say none but I don't think that's a possibility.

nice grapes^^

What would be hotter? A Grape Ice 23 w/ New Emerald shadowing or vice versa. Some will say none but I don't think that's a possibility.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

My apologies if it sounded like I wasn't giving the Infrared VI its dues. MJ won his first title in that shoe, and it's pure sexy, always has been and always will be. But there's no reason that people are trying to sell the black infrareds for $350-$400. Pre-Kanye the shoe didn't have the resale value it does right now, that was all I was getting at.

Originally Posted by DRO3000

My apologies if it sounded like I wasn't giving the Infrared VI its dues. MJ won his first title in that shoe, and it's pure sexy, always has been and always will be. But there's no reason that people are trying to sell the black infrareds for $350-$400. Pre-Kanye the shoe didn't have the resale value it does right now, that was all I was getting at.

smh i hope this is not true for three reasons

jb needs to save some heat for next year, id rather them release the Olympic 6's (2008) as a quickstrike like they did with the 7's last year

secondly, i like the laneys but i like the grapes more and i dont wanna pay 300 for the laneys which i wont wear most likely, i want them to release seperately

and finally, i was gonna get the metallics for my birthday from parents since i'll prolly be broke from copping all the lebron 8 v1 and v2s on discount, but i might have to say %%!# it and split the 300 with them for the pack which means no grapes for me
frown.gif

and i hate reselling for like double retail, but i might have to with these laneys to get the metallics

smh choices choices choices

smh i hope this is not true for three reasons

jb needs to save some heat for next year, id rather them release the Olympic 6's (2008) as a quickstrike like they did with the 7's last year

secondly, i like the laneys but i like the grapes more and i dont wanna pay 300 for the laneys which i wont wear most likely, i want them to release seperately

and finally, i was gonna get the metallics for my birthday from parents since i'll prolly be broke from copping all the lebron 8 v1 and v2s on discount, but i might have to say %%!# it and split the 300 with them for the pack which means no grapes for me
frown.gif

and i hate reselling for like double retail, but i might have to with these laneys to get the metallics

smh choices choices choices

I hope this is true but I doubt it, it's only a month away and there hasn't been any confirmation. Does this topic keep coming up because of wishful thinking/ people are trying to send JB a message?

I hope this is true but I doubt it, it's only a month away and there hasn't been any confirmation. Does this topic keep coming up because of wishful thinking/ people are trying to send JB a message?

Back
Top Bottom