Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

^ Sounds like you a very casual gamer. Wii Sports? I'm kidding, brah. If you are remotely into cars, this is a must have imo.
Yea... I have never been good at racing games, but GT has always been a favorite for some reason.
I think they keep the learning curve very accessible. The first bunch of events are easy as hell.
I think he was talking to Cinco?

^ Sounds like you a very casual gamer. Wii Sports? I'm kidding, brah. If you are remotely into cars, this is a must have imo.
Yea... I have never been good at racing games, but GT has always been a favorite for some reason.
I think they keep the learning curve very accessible. The first bunch of events are easy as hell.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I know, I am just saying that similar to Cinco, I never usually have patience for games like this, but GT is different.
Probably shouldn't have quoted him. 
laugh.gif

I know, I am just saying that similar to Cinco, I never usually have patience for games like this, but GT is different.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I mean, nowadays you can call me more of a casual gamer I guess. I keep it strictly FIFA, the occasional play of The Show and that's pretty much it.  
laugh.gif
Had you asked me maybe ~3 years ago and you'd have a very different response, that's certain.
I'm not knocking the game, it's amazing. It's REAL, but too real for me. People knock on Forza but I enjoy it
laugh.gif
Not sure what that says about Forza but it is what it is at this point.

laugh.gif
NEVER a Wii for me. I'm into cars, but like Sinner said, it's just not for me. I truly wish I had the patience to learn it.
tired.gif

laugh.gif
I mean, nowadays you can call me more of a casual gamer I guess. I keep it strictly FIFA, the occasional play of The Show and that's pretty much it.  
laugh.gif
Had you asked me maybe ~3 years ago and you'd have a very different response, that's certain.
I'm not knocking the game, it's amazing. It's REAL, but too real for me. People knock on Forza but I enjoy it
laugh.gif
Not sure what that says about Forza but it is what it is at this point.

laugh.gif
NEVER a Wii for me. I'm into cars, but like Sinner said, it's just not for me. I truly wish I had the patience to learn it.
tired.gif

Man, I forgot how awesome it was to have a car that was WAAAAYYYY overpowered compared to the competition.
RX8 in the Lightweight Compact Event in Beginners. 
laugh.gif

Man, I forgot how awesome it was to have a car that was WAAAAYYYY overpowered compared to the competition.
RX8 in the Lightweight Compact Event in Beginners. 
laugh.gif

Good looks on that pre 1979 japanese joint, STFUvincent.
glasses.gif

And, good looks on that random gift, taptap.
happy.gif

Good looks on that pre 1979 japanese joint, STFUvincent.
glasses.gif

And, good looks on that random gift, taptap.
happy.gif

Anyone else focused more on the special events/license test than the actual game itself?

I havent really begun racing yet, am just stocking up on cash, getting my level ups.

Getting golds on license/special events is hard... too bad they influence the prize you get at the end.

I also noticed that for some events gold is 31,000CR but I was silver and recieved 38,000CR??

Anyone else focused more on the special events/license test than the actual game itself?

I havent really begun racing yet, am just stocking up on cash, getting my level ups.

Getting golds on license/special events is hard... too bad they influence the prize you get at the end.

I also noticed that for some events gold is 31,000CR but I was silver and recieved 38,000CR??

If you win Silver first try, you win Silver's cash, as well as Bronze's cash.

If you win Gold first try, you'll win Gold+Silver+Bronze, which would earn you 69,000 if the figures you provided are the actual values, I can't recall ATM.

If you win Silver first try, you win Silver's cash, as well as Bronze's cash.

If you win Gold first try, you'll win Gold+Silver+Bronze, which would earn you 69,000 if the figures you provided are the actual values, I can't recall ATM.

I'm sick of my b-spec driver... I start him off on the first sunday cup race and I give him a 400hp car to race against 150hp cars, he spins out all the damn time and he loses... I give him a FF 190hp car, he still spins out and loses...

I'm sick of my b-spec driver... I start him off on the first sunday cup race and I give him a 400hp car to race against 150hp cars, he spins out all the damn time and he loses... I give him a FF 190hp car, he still spins out and loses...

Originally Posted by derrty6232

When your driver is hot, he is much more likely to spin out

best way to do it is to start of the race telling your driver to overtake/pace up until he is in first place, at this point tell them to pace down once and then just watch the race.

Spec B does not get hard until expert races

Back
Top Bottom