GQ July 2012- An Oral History of the 1992 Dream Team; NBATV special on 6/13

46-1 run
sick.gif
? MJ was an absolute beast in every aspect, dude didn't sleep
laugh.gif
. Much appreciated

This documentary was great. Loved all the footage shown.

Magic v Michael practice was intense
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

46-1 run
sick.gif
? MJ was an absolute beast in every aspect, dude didn't sleep
laugh.gif
. Much appreciated
The whole run is on Youtube. It's disgusting.

That was freakin awesome. Haven't been glued to my tv like that in a long time. MJ is/was on a different level. My goodness

Originally Posted by quik1987

Watch this and tell me Kobe is on the same level as MJ with a straight face.
Kobe, TD, and KG has more of a right to be mentioned with anyone on this squad than Lebron or Wade.

[h2]NBA TV’s The Dream Team Documentary[/h2]Thursday, June 14 2012 12:35 AM EST | Posted by: Big Homie | Posted in: Blog, Clutch
Branded as one of the greatest teams ever assembled in sports history, we follow the 1992 USA Olympic basketball team and their journey for the gold in celebration for the team’s 20th anniversary.

3030fm

the whole video is up for anybody who missed it, what a dope documentary
pimp.gif

The dude on Twitter last night that said Nike based their clear soles technology off the color of MJs eyes will forever have me weak. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The look on Pip's face at that topless beach. 
laugh.gif

Stockton walkin around like nothin and nobody noticed him. 

That footage of Web and Penny, and Mash and all them runnin the DT. 
eek.gif
  And then of course, the rematch. 

"We wanted to guard him on the bench" 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

This doc was spectacular.  How Edward Burns was picked to narrate it, I have no idea. 

Anyone know when they will re-air this?  I am in the no NBA TV group myself and hated I missed it.  All the reviews seem great.  I remember this stuff like it was yesterday, I have most of the teams jersey's that were screenprinted by champion at the time. All the cereal boxes from Kellogs' and Wheaties still unopened, with the labels still on them where you could get merchandise. This was real basketball not that ticky tack stuff that you see today.  Thanks to all that posted the links to watch but they have all been removed.....

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Anyone know when they will re-air this?  I am in the no NBA TV group myself and hated I missed it.  All the reviews seem great.  I remember this stuff like it was yesterday, I have most of the teams jersey's that were screenprinted by champion at the time. All the cereal boxes from Kellogs' and Wheaties still unopened, with the labels still on them where you could get merchandise. This was real basketball not that ticky tack stuff that you see today.  Thanks to all that posted the links to watch but they have all been removed.....

It’s NBATV, they’ll probably re-air it every night there isn’ta Finals game, and then 8,000 times over the summer.

Documentary was AWESOME. I was so hooked on it that I watched a bunch of YouTube videos after
laugh.gif

My favorite part was the practice footage. All those big egos going after each other trying to prove they were the best was
pimp.gif

And you really did see how on another planet Jordan was from those guys, amazing.

Much of their story involves Thomas, who as captain of the Detroit Pistons served as a primary threat to the championship ambitions of Bird's Celtics and Magic's Lakers. The book offers revelations that have stunned Thomas. Magic addresses years of rumors by finally accusing Thomas of questioning his sexuality after Johnson was diagnosed with HIV in 1991. Magic also admits that he joined with Michael Jordan and other players in blackballing Thomas from the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, saying, "Isiah killed his own chances when it came to the Olympics. Nobody on that team wanted to play with him. ... Michael didn't want to play with him. Scottie [Pippen] wanted no part of him. Bird wasn't pushing for him. Karl Malone didn't want him. Who was saying, 'We need this guy?' Nobody.''

"I'm glad that he's finally had the nerve and the courage to stand up and say it was him, as opposed to letting Michael Jordan take the blame for it all these years,'' Thomas responded during one of several interviews he gave to SI.com on Wednesday. "I wish he would have had the courage to say this stuff to me face to face, as opposed to writing it in some damn book to sell and he can make money off it.''

Not to mention the freeze-out Isiah lead on Michael during Michael's rookie ASG, walking out early on the Bulls when they lost in the playoffs, and his usual dirty play on the court...I don't blame Michael or anyone else on the team in the least.

Back
Top Bottom