Got an authentic $100 bill printed on upside down paper (PICS) Any Value above $100???

eek.gif

Keep it. It is worth more than the face value if you go to your local books store or amazon you can find field guides on US currency and it will tell you thevalue of the bill.

LINK

if i was you would go to the same baNk teller and juss show her the letter and bill and be like "BOOOOOSHHHHHHH"!! AND THEN DO A CHOREOGRAPHED DANCELMAO
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

You just made a $549 come up

$100 Series 1996 Misplaced Watermark Gem CU

100-1996FRNf0082.jpg

Gem Crisp Uncirculated. Misplaced watermark and security thread, "Figure B" as explained in Stephen Sullivan's excellent and highly recommended " US Error Note Encyclopedia". This is NOT the same error as the more publicized and more common inverted watermark/thread error, but is instead caused by the back of the note being printed on the side of the paper sheet intended for the face, and then the front being printed on the sheet side intended for the back. Still a quite rare misprint, with a high percentage of the handful known circulated, and with a high number of those damaged as, apparently, they were first assumed to be counterfeit, then inked stamped or sometimes torn around the thread by moneyhahdlers examining and or marking the notes. Priced at LESS than the suggested price in CU in Sullivan's nearly decade old reference guide.

Price: $649.00
via fivefivenines link.

Did everyone overlook this or something?

Congrats OP...

If you need the money sell it now. If you dont, hang on to it, it will probably increase in value as time passes.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

100-1996FRNf0082.jpg

Gem Crisp Uncirculated. Misplaced watermark and security thread, "Figure B" as explained in Stephen Sullivan's excellent and highly recommended " US Error Note Encyclopedia". This is NOT the same error as the more publicized and more common inverted watermark/thread error, but is instead caused by the back of the note being printed on the side of the paper sheet intended for the face, and then the front being printed on the sheet side intended for the back. Still a quite rare misprint, with a high percentage of the handful known circulated, and with a high number of those damaged as, apparently, they were first assumed to be counterfeit, then inked stamped or sometimes torn around the thread by moneyhahdlers examining and or marking the notes. Priced at LESS than the suggested price in CU in Sullivan's nearly decade old reference guide.

via fivefivenines link.

Congrats OP...

That's the price for a "Gem Crisp Uncirculated" bill.

Nice find. I would keep it for a few more years and see what it does value wise....

Makes you wonder how many "gems" have slipped through your hands over the years, huh? I'm gonna go inspect my wallet now lol.

EDIT: There is one on eBay right now. Starting price: $99. No bids yet...

The problem with stuff like this is that even though it may be valued at 600+, now you have to go and find someone that will be willing to spend that.

^I'm sure there are currency connoisseurs who will happily pay the price, just like there are sneakers connoisseurs who will pay the price.

Originally Posted by jtc85

i work for a credit union and we had a bill like that a couple weeks ago. we determined it was authentic and just that the watermark was printed upside down. the fed does have printing malfunctions. it's rare but not so rare that it's worth anything more than the $100 face value
maybe not this second, but it will be worth more in a while, hold on to it, because idiots like me, purchase old bills/mistakes.....hold on to itbro:

Originally Posted by d3772000

^^ WHATS WRONG WITH THOSE BILLS???
nothing is wrong with them. i was just showing an example of collecting bills, those are 1935 and 1957 silver certificates.

Originally Posted by neukicks

i work for a credit union and we had a bill like that a couple weeks ago. we determined it was authentic and just that the watermark was printed upside down. the fed does have printing malfunctions. it's rare but not so rare that it's worth anything more than the $100 face value
maybe not this second, but it will be worth more in a while, hold on to it, because idiots like me, purchase old bills/mistakes.....hold on to it bro:
eek.gif
eek.gif

how much did u drop for those $1 bill??

OP keep that ishh, if u dont need it obviously..

i run a trailer business and get payed in cash alot, and have came across silver certificates. i gladly keep those

i only got like 5 of them tho smh.

Originally Posted by neukicks

maybe not this second, but it will be worth more in a while, hold on to it, because idiots like me, purchase old bills/mistakes.....hold on to it bro:
SWEET!
eek.gif
My boy has the $2 bill with the blue logo just likethose. I always keep a $2 in the wallet for luck. Thank You everyone, definitely going to stash it away for the little man.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

100-1996FRNf0082.jpg

via fivefivenines link.

Congrats OP...

The bill in question above is in excellent condition, where as the OPs bill is pretty beat up. The condition of the bill makes a huge differencein it's value.

Maybe if it were uncirculated he would have something valuable.

Back
Top Bottom