Got a New Car........Drive it from Detroit? worth it? Gas?$?$?

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

i think ill pass on that uhaul truck lol

My question is........Why did you buy it from detroit instead of buying one in Cali?

My question is........Why did you buy it from detroit instead of buying one in Cali?

^ My thoughts exactly. You mean to tell me there are no 2010 Camaro's between yourself in CA and Detroit that have the exact same options for sale?

I flew from Omaha to Charleston, SC with a buddy a couple years ago and drove back in a 2005 STi. Got to SC at 6PM and drove straight back with it through SC, TN, IL, etc. It was a good trip, but god DAMN I was tired afterwards. I would recommend doing the fly/drive thing if you can get a good deal on some tickets.

^ My thoughts exactly. You mean to tell me there are no 2010 Camaro's between yourself in CA and Detroit that have the exact same options for sale?

I flew from Omaha to Charleston, SC with a buddy a couple years ago and drove back in a 2005 STi. Got to SC at 6PM and drove straight back with it through SC, TN, IL, etc. It was a good trip, but god DAMN I was tired afterwards. I would recommend doing the fly/drive thing if you can get a good deal on some tickets.

shipping is going to be about $800 min. had my car shipped from cali back to ohio to turn my lease in was 850. Drove back from Ohio to cali in my new car, second time ive driven here. Long trip (35hrs) by yourself but i did 18hrs first day and 17 second day!!! it all depends on the amount of money you want to spend. keep in mind if you ship it, if you to get a plane ticket to fly to cali, plus your going to wait 5 plus more days to even get your car so plan on not having a car. Oh n for those wondering why not get your car in cali, its cheaper back home and worth it. Not only on price, but tax, wouldn't do it otherwise.

shipping is going to be about $800 min. had my car shipped from cali back to ohio to turn my lease in was 850. Drove back from Ohio to cali in my new car, second time ive driven here. Long trip (35hrs) by yourself but i did 18hrs first day and 17 second day!!! it all depends on the amount of money you want to spend. keep in mind if you ship it, if you to get a plane ticket to fly to cali, plus your going to wait 5 plus more days to even get your car so plan on not having a car. Oh n for those wondering why not get your car in cali, its cheaper back home and worth it. Not only on price, but tax, wouldn't do it otherwise.

If you drive it, tape up the front bumper with some painters/masking tape so you don't get a crap load of rock chips and bugs

If you drive it, tape up the front bumper with some painters/masking tape so you don't get a crap load of rock chips and bugs

You've gotta figure out how much it would cost to fly (think about any additional expenses too), any lodging costs, food costs, time off from work?, amount of mileage you'll put on the car plus cost of gas for that distance, etc over the 3 days or so

VS

What it would cost just to have it shipped

Plus, is it worth it to you to have to go through all that? What happens if you're tired from driving so much and you get in an accident? It's your call, it just sounds to me like it'd be more trouble to have to go through all that.

You've gotta figure out how much it would cost to fly (think about any additional expenses too), any lodging costs, food costs, time off from work?, amount of mileage you'll put on the car plus cost of gas for that distance, etc over the 3 days or so

VS

What it would cost just to have it shipped

Plus, is it worth it to you to have to go through all that? What happens if you're tired from driving so much and you get in an accident? It's your call, it just sounds to me like it'd be more trouble to have to go through all that.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

My question is........Why did you buy it from detroit instead of buying one in Cali a '69?

fixed

1969_chevrolet_camaro-pic-30203-4dfdac874f9e6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom