Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

east carolina got the worst defense i've ever seen
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

It's a joke they would even fire rich rod this early

Why? He put the program on probation for the first time ever. He has averaged 5 wins in his first 3 years. He hasn't had a notable win. He has won 4 Big 11 games in the 3 years. The D had gotten significantly worse these past 3 years. 
Besides that, he walked into this job thinking he was going to tell the University how to run things. He also went public and cried about the people not playing nice with him here when he himself built up his own faction and made the divide even greater. 

He has not been an innocent guy here.

I think his experiment here has been a tremendous failure and its time to go each others ways. If he is back next year, I will ride with him.

Where ever he goes, I will echo the WV fans that told us: Tony Gibson is a terrible coach and your secondary will suffer. Also, RR will trust his word over your DCoord, so hope he is not on your staff.

If they fire Rodriguez, they better get a "home run" hire...which is basically Harbaugh or bust at this point.

The problem with Harbaugh is that he is a loose cannon, I don't know if the Michigan fan base/alums/BoD is ready for that.  He's a helluva coach, but he is not politically correct and is brash.  I actually like that about him.

The Rodriguez/UM relationship has never really been a good one, not just on the football field but off of it as well.  Rodriguez is a cancer at this point, with what seems to be a "if you're not with us then *%%@ you" mentality.  Again, this is just an outside perspective and not an inside prespective from all the Michigan insiders that post so much during the "off season".

Harbaugh is perfect due to his proven track record, and his UM ties.  The only reason I don't see UM getting Harbaugh is if he jumps to the NFL.

The irony being that UM could've had Harbaugh in their back pocket, but they went with a high profile hire instead of the smart hire.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

^ Doesn't change the fact that one player does one thing, gets a certain punishment. Another player does the same or similar (or worse) and pleads ignorance of the rules and gets a lesser punishment. Even if they are acting consistent to their current bylaws, that just means the problem lies specifically in the stupidity of how the rules were written and interpreted.

Dez Bryant being suspended for a year immediately for paying a discounted entrance fee in a venue and lying (although he went back and told the truth) while pryor and the others get a deferred punishment (possibly no punishment if they decide to bounce and avoid being hurt by this at all) is stupid.

Although I like him, the handling of the Cam Newton situation is stupid.

The NCAA needs to recognize the problem lies with THEM and address it.
I definitely agree with this. The statement from the NCAA is a joke:

"There have been questions as well since last week related to the withholding policy and student-athlete reinstatement for NCAA championships and bowl games. This policy was developed and implemented by the Division I membership, specifically the Division I Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement and approved by the Division I Academics/Eligibility/Compliance Cabinet, in 2004. It allows for suspending a reinstatement condition in specific instances involving NCAA championships or bowl games.  It recognizes the unique opportunity these events provide at the end of a season, and they are evaluated differently from a withholding perspective for student-athlete reinstatement. In the Ohio State situation, the facts are consistent with the established policy."

So what this tells me is that every player who isn't permanently ineligible to play should can play because of the unique opportunity a bowl/championship game presents.

It's all about the $$$. We know it and they know it.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If they fire Rodriguez, they better get a "home run" hire...which is basically Harbaugh or bust at this point.

The problem with Harbaugh is that he is a loose cannon, I don't know if the Michigan fan base/alums/BoD is ready for that.  He's a helluva coach, but he is not politically correct and is brash.  I actually like that about him.

The Rodriguez/UM relationship has never really been a good one, not just on the football field but off of it as well.  Rodriguez is a cancer at this point, with what seems to be a "if you're not with us then *%%@ you" mentality.  Again, this is just an outside perspective and not an inside prespective from all the Michigan insiders that post so much during the "off season".

Harbaugh is perfect due to his proven track record, and his UM ties.  The only reason I don't see UM getting Harbaugh is if he jumps to the NFL.

The irony being that UM could've had Harbaugh in their back pocket, but they went with a high profile hire instead of the smart hire.
Harbaugh was NEVER even in the running for the Michigan job. Hindsight is 20/20 but nobody would have guessed he would have been this hot and RR this cold 3 years later.
Harbaugh or bust is not what Michigan is feeling at all. They just want their AD to go after this with a smart approach. Do his due diligence unlike Bill Martin. I would put Gary Patterson ahead of Harbaugh on my list right now. I just love everything about the guy. But with him going to a BCS conference, I think his chances of leaving went waaaaaay down. 

Originally Posted by Nako XL

^ Doesn't change the fact that one player does one thing, gets a certain punishment. Another player does the same or similar (or worse) and pleads ignorance of the rules and gets a lesser punishment. Even if they are acting consistent to their current bylaws, that just means the problem lies specifically in the stupidity of how the rules were written and interpreted.

Dez Bryant being suspended for a year immediately for paying a discounted entrance fee in a venue and lying (although he went back and told the truth) while pryor and the others get a deferred punishment (possibly no punishment if they decide to bounce and avoid being hurt by this at all) is stupid.

Although I like him, the handling of the Cam Newton situation is stupid.

The NCAA needs to recognize the problem lies with THEM and address it.

To me the bigger one is the USC thing. Players had nothing to do with Bush don't get the "experience of playing in a bowl game" or whatever *%%% the NCAA said. Yet these tOSU guys did something wrong and get to play the game.

Harbaugh was NEVER even in the running for the Michigan job. Hindsight is 20/20 but nobody would have guessed he would have been this hot and RR this cold 3 years later.Harbaugh or bust is not what Michigan is feeling at all. They just want their AD to go after this with a smart approach. Do his due diligence unlike Bill Martin. I would put Gary Patterson ahead of Harbaugh on my list right now. I just love everything about the guy. But with him going to a BCS conference, I think his chances of leaving went waaaaaay down. 
Who said he was in the running?  That was the problem with Michigan's search in the first place, they didn't do a proper search.

They completely overlooked someone with UM ties, and with coaching pipelines.  How could you not take a serious look at a former UM QB, was an assistant coach under his successful father, was an NFL assistant coach (Raiders), coached at a D1AA school and completely turned it around (2 consecutive league titles), got hired by Stanford and had one of the biggest upsets of the season (beating USC at home
mad.gif
).  This was the info they had at the time.  Hiring Harbaugh at that poing would've 'caused a lot of flak because he wasn't a big name yet, but it would've made too much sense as well.

Instead they went for a big name guy, who overhauled the entire program.

Michigan fans actually think they would have an easier time luring Gary Patterson,
laugh.gif

Hindsight is 20/20 but nobody would have guessed he would have been this hot and RR this cold 3 years later.
*raises hand* (except the RR part)

Coming into the Coliseum at that point, with the rag-tag Stanford team he had and winning (41 pt underdog
30t6p3b.gif
), instant respect.  That was his first year.  RR was a gamble from the start, it wasn't even praised across the board.  RR had success at WVU with the spread, but importing that system to UM was seen as a major gamble.

I didn't see UM being as bad as they have been under RR though.  I didn't think they were going to be a powerhouse either.

How you have a month to prepare and let the Biletnikoff winner get wide open on a busted coverage in the 1st quarter though? What have you been doing these last 4 weeks?

Either Foles looks hella sluggish or Okie's secondary went to work over the month because they look FAST.

Leilon Willingham, bound for College Station.

Baylor getting smacked
pimp.gif

Anybody know anything about Leilon Willingham? I don't think we have any CO peeps in here, so I doubt anybody will know much...

I'll be heading to El Paso in the morning for the Sun Bowl
pimp.gif
Any of you Miami folk going?

Originally Posted by Statis22

Blackmon. Off the charts.

btw, tis is what a special WR looks like in this offense.

Crabtree didnt make any plays on the passes in his 2 yrs the way Blackmon  has in this one .

Back
Top Bottom