Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Not knocking Miami's fan base but that streak doesn't mean they have a good fan base, just means they were good at home.

I mean Tennessee puts out countless amounts of pros and had to literally settle for the 80th guy. TENNESSEE!?!

Times have changed.

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

heres one problem, you think someone telling you something you dont want to hear is "hating"
30t6p3b.gif

seriously, are you 12 yrs old? if so, I can do without this conversation and leave you on Rook status

now, you say Miami has a fan base? where? everytime I watch a game I see empty seats... and I mean Everytime...

before I start let me walk you thru this like I walk thru most the youngsters in here when we're talkin football I dont care if you talk bad about tennessee, @!*% doesnt effect me at all you know why, cus I can be honest with myself about the teams that I like.
do you know the definition of tradition? do you think miami has a tradition like Tennessee? if you believe 30 yrs of football stacks up to 80+ yrs youre a damn fool. Tradition is one thing Tennessee has over damn near any major college football program
I'm sorry maybe hating wasn't the right way to word it, how about bashing a team while ignoring the facts? If five national titles isn't elite then I don't know what is. If 58 consecutive home wins doesn't prove that we have a somewhat decent fan base then I don't know what does.

whos ignoring facts, me? seems like youre ignoring more than me...
saying Miami has an elite tradition is a stretch.

Im not saying yall didnt have a great run, in fact I said yall did. but 30 yrs is a flash in the pan compared to schools like Ohio St, texas, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State and yes, even tennessee.

I dont get why you keep telling me about a home win streak that ended how long ago?  didnt Napoleon Kaufman and the Washington Huskies end that Im not positive. Ill check

those days of having a full stadium have long been gone.

a fan base, is one that comes out and supports. one that travels, even thru losses...

I dont see that at Miami. and whether you believe it or not, its a factor when it comes to finding a coach

*edit*
I just looked it up, the yr  was 1994...  thats 16 yrs ago.
eek.gif

I mean Tennessee puts out countless amounts of pros and had to literally settle for the 80th guy. TENNESSEE!?!
laugh.gif
really there was only talks with 2 guys but yes they both didnt want to walk in to that pressure cooker

and we have the biggest recruiting budget in America and get 100,000+ in the stadium every home game

Landry trying to stamp a possible Heisman campaign for next season. I never seen him make those kinds of throws. Growing up, and I like it.

El o el Pokes. Mike Gundy, yeah he still stinks, IDK what you say Dirk. 
laugh.gif
Holgerson can run that team and they wouldn't miss a beat.

Originally Posted by Statis22

And whats so ironic about this is I coulda swore I had this same convo last year, only with USC fans.

I see why USC and Miami fans hate each other now, yall mofos just alike.
laugh.gif

wonder.jpg

Originally Posted by The Swoosh

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wildKYcat wrote:

Does a Big East team that went 6-6 (3-4) get picked for a Bowl? Please tell me no.

but was it ok when them dog @%#$ UK teams made the bowl games?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1pxlcl.jpg

I don't care how you do it, just bring him in.

Stanford's record first 3 years under harbaugh: 4-8, 5-7, 8-5

hmmm....

You guys think Rich Rod will be gone from UM this season? Maybe he can try the coaching job at the U....I kid....or maybe?

Let's be real....gunna you stay throwing salt at Miami ...still got wounds from not getting recruited by them
laugh.gif
nah if I came back to reality w/ Miami them you know we got a ways to go....sad to see other fans stuck in this fantasy world ....Miami fans are the most annoying in college football and its sad to say considering I'm a fan...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

^^

you might need to step back and look in the mirror first.

who wanted the job when Coker was ousted? who wanted it when Butch left? who wants it right now?

traditionally elite program? nah no way. tradition means over time, thru generations... how can a program be traditionally elite when there is no successful history passed 25-30 yrs?

Stat is right, you've got zero fan base, a school who seems more interested in Academic and public perception... what major coach wants to walk into that ?

Edit...
keep in mind, it USC was turned down by 3 coaches before theyre  4th option lane Kiffin accepted the job as Head Coach ...

Again you don't know what you're talking about. Both Leach and Schiano interviewed when Coker was fired. People want the job.

How are you gonna try to say nobody wanted the job when Butch left? Miami was a top 5 team with a ton of talent when Butch left....but nobody wanted the job? Come on now....

Back when Butch was hired...Jim Tressell interviewed for the Miami job but wasn't picked. Barry Alvarez interviewed too.

And Miami doesn't have "zero fan base". Miami has zero alumni base. It's a small private school that doesn't have many students and doesn't produce many graduates.

Who do you think it is going to all the FSU, UF games? Just random fans? Hell nah. Those are students and alumni mostly. Miami has nowhere near the alumni base of FSU or UF and that's one of the main reasons the attendance will always be low. That's never going to change.

Again you don't know what you're talking about. Both Leach and Schiano interviewed when Coker was fired. People want the job.

How are you gonna try to say nobody wanted the job when Butch left? Miami was a top 5 team with a ton of talent when Butch left....but nobody wanted the job? Come on now....

Back when Butch was hired...Jim Tressell interviewed for the Miami job but wasn't picked
HUH

where are you getting all this info from?

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

traditionally dominant yet not one ACC title?
laugh.gif
a conference seen as a letdown yr after yr? not even a title game appearance? hell boston colege college has been to two.....hell even Wake has won one...if the Canes were that dominant, they'd be in contentious for a Nat'l title every yr not fighting to stay in contention in a division with the likes of duke and virginia  
Never said dominant, I said elite, two very different words. We've been in rebuilding mode for the majority of the time since we joined this conference and we still almost won it twice. And how can you expect any program to be in contention for the National Title every year? It's just unrealistic every program has its ups and downs, we've been down for a couple years now and people like to kick you when you're down but it doesn't mean we should forget about history, with the way some of you are talking you're talking about Miami like we're on the same level with lower tier programs like Syracuse and Northwestern and that's simply not the case. I'm done arguing though, I'm heavily outnumbered in this discussion, I come to terms with the fact that we're one of the most hated programs in the country.

Miami is not a traditionally elite program.

There's a difference between having tradition and being a traditionally elite teams.

But being traditionally elite means pretty much nothing. Notre Dame is "traditionally elite" and look at where they are. When's the last time ND won anything? Michigan is traditionally elite and look at where they are. When's the last time Michigan won a NC? USC, UCLA, Penn State, Texas, etc.... When's the last time Penn State won a NC? Traditionally elite teams. What does it mean? Absolutely nothing.

Fans need to stop living in the past. Not just Miami fans, fans in general.

Pretty sure Schiano turned the job down, but I know Leach did interview for it. And the Tressel news is new to me, but I'll take your word for it.

Fans need to stop living in the past. Not just Miami fans, fans in general.
Agreed, which is why I feel like all the guys in the NFL and the recruiting in the area should/could still net Miami a top level coach.

They should just hire Ray Lewis
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

El o el Pokes. Mike Gundy, yeah he still stinks, IDK what you say Dirk.
laugh.gif
Holgerson can run that team and they wouldn't miss a beat.
I #$%$ with Mike Gundy but Bob Stoops got that man's balls in a vice grip...
30t6p3b.gif
  He stays doing *$$$ that leaves you wondering what the #$%$ was goin through his head, though...

And Landry Jones... Heisman? Hell. No.

laugh.gif
how can I not know what Im talkin about when I ASKED a question ... its called gathering information.

if your gonna debate me about a situation and I ask "who wanted the job?" at least tell me who

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
now ur splitting hairs about a fan base, no fan base and no alumni base. thats the most ridiculous thing Ive ever heard.

Usually, alumni and fans go hand n hand

this is why people dont take UM fans serious, every scenario has an excuse or some sort of reasoning.

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Dude said tressell interviewed for the Miami position LMAO
It's a well known fact Tressell interviewed for the job in 2000. Was kind of one the main stories heading into the 2002 BCS game.
It's a thought that seems too odd to consider legitimate, except it almost happened. Imagine: Jim Tressel, coach of the Miami Hurricanes.

Six years before he took the Ohio State job and while he was coach and athletic director at Youngstown State (then in Division I-AA), Tressel interviewed for the job and wowed UM officials to the point that he was under serious consideration to replace Dennis Erickson. 

"The guy was unbelievable," said Larry Wahl, Miami's senior associate athletic director in 1995. "He was as good as any coach I had been around with his plans and philosophy and personality."

As for the argument regards Miami's fan base. The way the fanbase works is the same for any other Miami team pro or college. Win and they'll show up in full force. Start losing and the number of people showing up to the game will decrease as the loses increase. 

Marquise Williams about to verbal to VT any minute now...where you at Juicy?
laugh.gif
Believe it cus you're about to see it.
tongue.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Prime positions: Miami job open, others could follow[/h1]
  • PUBLISHED 11 hours and 58 minutes ago
  • LAST UPDATED 11 hours and 50 minutes ago
Matt Hayes

sporting_news_14x10.gif
Sporting News

What looked like an uneventful offseason of coaching change picked upspeed late Saturday night when Miami fired Randy Shannon hours afterthe ’Canes lost to South Florida.

“Our expectations are to compete for championships,

Back
Top Bottom