Good Places/Areas to live in SCARBOROUGH

I want to know cause I'm probably gonna start college in September, and my parents want to move out of downtown... Ill probably be living in Centennialshousing or whatever, I'm not really familiar with Scarborough, so i though id ask you guys for some help. I keep hearing mixed opinions, like people saythat the neighborhood around centennial is bad, others say its good... Coming from Parkdale though, I think anything is a come up. so, what do yall think?

Thanks for the help.

If you ask anyone who doesn't live in Scarborough, they're going to say that it's a horrible area, 90% of the time. I used to live in Scarboroughand would say that my old area is not bad, but not that good either.

btw, I used to live by Neilson & Sheppard.

I used to live in Malvern a while back. It used to be alright there but from what I heard, everything has changed.
Now I live in Aurora.
Ain't that a b.

Well Centennial (I assume the one at Progress + Markham).

Its not that bad. I mean sure, south of there is Tuxedo Court, but realistically, you'll be fine. Go to markham station (markham+sheppard) for breakfast ifyou're free one morning, good meal.
But I mean you're from Parkdale so it'll probably be the same.

Scarborough aint that bad. The media makes it worse than it really is.

<--------------First of all check the SN
smokin.gif

I don't think the area around Warden & Finch is bad.I use to stay Chester Lee and that area seems nice.
untitled.JPG

Man I miss T-DOT.
tired.gif

i live in Scarbotough and the area where i live around is Markham and Lawrence ain't nothing going on around there

Originally Posted by 7Jordan7

i live in Scarborough and the area where i live around is Markham and Lawrence ain't nothing going on around there

Dope. I guess the best way to get a feel of the area is to go and check it out my self.

warden and finch is where i stay, nothin ever really happens anymore. you got chester le to the west and glendower to the east, just dont act out and youll befine.

parkdale has nice parts and its not thaat bad. ronces is a fairly nice area if u still count that as pk

In reply to this query; I work downtown & when people @ work ask where I live I tell them Malvern they start freaking out - hell, I've lived here since1984 (Neilson & Sheppard) & yeah I've seen things go downhill all over the place. Too many mostly young idiots trying to come hard & settlethings with violence & stuff but thank the Lord I've been in the right places @ the right time to avoid that nonsense. A few other NTers as I recalllive/lived around my way (Dip T-Dot, Apocalypsz, etc.)

Bottom line unless you are looking for trouble, living anywhere in Scarborough you should be fine - IDK how Parkdale was but if I am to believe what I see inthe news it may be a come up for you but probably not by much.

There's some nice tucked away neighbourhoods that are not so "gangsta" or hood-like that need gentrification or urban renewal - along Port Unionis nice, anywhere along Finch or even Steeles, etc.

Just focus on your education; get in, get up & get out if you want.

Remember, your neighbours make your neighbourhood. Good luck finding a place & welcome.

If you came from Parkdale then Scarborough isn't a problem, it's only the people looking for trouble that get trouble.

Jay is spot on. Grew up around Sheppard and Meadowvale, and from what I know its still a reasonable area. Its like anywhere, keep your nose clean.

I've lived in Malvern for 10+ years, you'll only get into trouble if you get involved with the wrong people.

I like the Bluffs, great pleace to take a date and just chill or smoke up... also anywhere around steeles is nice....

my first crib was at brimley and steeles, then i moved to kennedy and eglinton and now im more west towards the scar/north york border. i would have to saythat kennedy and eglinton was my favourite of all 3.

Back
Top Bottom