Golden Era Of The U Appreciation Vol. "Big Time Players Make ..."

Probably because most of the people you
pimp.gif
didnt see the field. Yes there is alot of talent on the team but that is all out of hindsight.

IMO the team that lost to OSU was the better team. Not as deep obviously but the better team.
completely agree...

i think the fact that the 02-03 Canes didnt get the Championship has this team overlooked....i compare them to the 05-06 USC team in a way...

i mean Dorsey, Johnson, Wilfork, Vilma, McKinnie etc...alot of those guys from the 01-02 team were back and more experienced...not to mention Taylor andWinslow playing as well if not better than Reed and Shockey.....

i wonder if Glenn Sharpe's career would have been different if that ghost "PI penalty" was not called on him
laugh.gif

wasnt the 01 team considered the best team in college football according to ESPN??? i mean its ESPN though lol....but both teams were ridiculous

smh.gif
at all the talent on that roster
nobody in the ACC was eatin' during them days
laugh.gif

yall remember the streak? wasn't it like 20+ straight games without a loss?
my, how the mighty have fallen
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by MaxElite

which team do you guys think was better? the team that won the Rose Bowl in 2002? or the team that "won" the Fiesta Bowl in 2003? even though they didnt actually win the 'chip, i always thought that 02-03 team was better top to bottom.
u have to go with the team from '02 that team was
eek.gif
eek.gif
those were the days! gore as a 3rd string rb is pretty insane, sucks they got screwed over in 2002, still a lil bitter over that "pass interference" call
not sure how true this is, but i heard that frank gore was better than portis and mcgahee and would've started but he tore both acl's
eek.gif
sick.gif

yeah thats pretty much true. When he played at my brothers HS (Coral Gables) Gore was pretty much the talk of Miami Dade every game and holds almostevery Dade county record for a RB. Imagine what he coulda done if it werent for his ACL tears

Back
Top Bottom