GOING TO VEGAS IN A WEEK VOL: Help me with my experience...

Gosher, it's gonna hard to please 8 people.. Maybe split girls and guys and get different rooms.. I would stay at hotels near the city center (cosmo, aria, vdara, or you can stay at Caesars

A lot of top night clubs will not let you in if you wear typical sneakers. Buying some decent dress shoes might be a good investment for your wardrobe anyways. You can always wear it for other occasions, as long as you buy a versatile color. 

But, if you have regular kicks that look high end, they will usually let you in. My friend has a Creative Rec shoes that he loves to wear to the clubs but it is all black and looks dressy.

Or if anything, roll to the club 20 women deep. Instant admission into the club.

Anyone? Like I have no idea where to begin.
Hilton Elara (Used to be PH Westgate) never disappointed for us. I've been to Aria, Cosmo, etc. but for some  reason there was something about that hotel that we loved. It's also in the middle of everything. Don't throw in $100 to upgrade... just do the $20 trick and be real nice to the person handling your check-in and it usually works. You will most likely get an upgrade if it's not a busy weekend, it doesn't hurt to ask. Have fun!

Heading out for a bachelor party.

Also, anyone recommend the best place to watch the Daytona 500 out in Vegas and put some bets in on the race?

The good thing about Caesars Palace is the pool is heated and still open.

It does seem like everything in Vegas is extremely over priced or you have to get some kind of package with all kind of stuff I do not want. Like Bottle service for example they are going to charge you 300 dollars for a bottle that normally costs 30 dollar, so a 10x market up. Try to find those kind of returns on the stock market.

I also do not see Vegas as anything special. I have been to a large amount of Europe, NYC, SF, LA, Dallas, Miami, Chicago and doing an Alaskan cruise in May out of Vancouver that returns to Seattle.

Honestly, you sound like the biggest buzzkill ever. It's a bachelor party, don't be a Debbie Downer. Go with the flow.

Heading out for a bachelor party.

Also, anyone recommend the best place to watch the Daytona 500 out in Vegas and put some bets in on the race?

The good thing about Caesars Palace is the pool is heated and still open.

It does seem like everything in Vegas is extremely over priced or you have to get some kind of package with all kind of stuff I do not want. Like Bottle service for example they are going to charge you 300 dollars for a bottle that normally costs 30 dollar, so a 10x market up. Try to find those kind of returns on the stock market.

I also do not see Vegas as anything special. I have been to a large amount of Europe, NYC, SF, LA, Dallas, Miami, Chicago and doing an Alaskan cruise in May out of Vancouver that returns to Seattle.
Honestly, you sound like the biggest buzzkill ever. It's a bachelor party, don't be a Debbie Downer. Go with the flow.
this

You're there to have a good time with the bachelor...

I'm the best man to my bff.

He seems pretty sure that he does not want to have his bachelor party in Vegas.... should I just go on and plan it with or with out him?? 
laugh.gif

If he doesn't go me and all our friends, minus the bachelor, would just party it up and have a blast regardless and we'd just have his lame bachelor party in SF or Tahoe when we came back

He seems pretty sure that he does not want to have his bachelor party in Vegas.... should I just go on and plan it with or with out him?? 
laugh.gif

If he doesn't go me and all our friends, minus the bachelor, would just party it up and have a blast regardless and we'd just have his lame bachelor party in SF or Tahoe when we came back

laugh.gif

I'm having my bachelor party in Vegas this May.

At first I advised my best man to not go the Vegas route because EVERYONE does vegas, and I didnt want a cliche party. But after some time, and thinking things through...there is a reason why Vegas is THE destination for bachelor/bachelorette parties. There is no last call, its 24 hours, and ALMOST anything goes. Everywhere else you are limited to your fun until last call, and then you are on your own from there. Not in Vegas. In short, we decided that we must do it in Vegas hahaha.

I don't care about how cliche it sounds about having bachelor parties in Vegas.. U just have to do it the way you want to and make it memorable..

laugh.gif

I'm having my bachelor party in Vegas this May.

At first I advised my best man to not go the Vegas route because EVERYONE does vegas, and I didnt want a cliche party. But after some time, and thinking things through...there is a reason why Vegas is THE destination for bachelor/bachelorette parties. There is no last call, its 24 hours, and ALMOST anything goes. Everywhere else you are limited to your fun until last call, and then you are on your own from there. Not in Vegas. In short, we decided that we must do it in Vegas hahaha.
agreed
I don't care about how cliche it sounds about having bachelor parties in Vegas.. U just have to do it the way you want to and make it memorable..
also agreed.

how do I convince the groom that we should do Vegas??? Or do I not need his approval?

Gosher, it's gonna hard to please 8 people.. Maybe split girls and guys and get different rooms.. I would stay at hotels near the city center (cosmo, aria, vdara, or you can stay at Caesars

Yea, the group will be split. Will def check those hotels out tho. Thanks.

Anyone? Like I have no idea where to begin.

Hilton Elara (Used to be PH Westgate) never disappointed for us. I've been to Aria, Cosmo, etc. but for some  reason there was something about that hotel that we loved. It's also in the middle of everything. Don't throw in $100 to upgrade... just do the $20 trick and be real nice to the person handling your check-in and it usually works. You will most likely get an upgrade if it's not a busy weekend, it doesn't hurt to ask. Have fun!

That's the building the Versailles guy owned, correct? I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up on the tip.

And also, what about the bellagio? That's the main one we were looking at, but since neither of you mentioned it, I'm guessing its a no go.

Cosmo, Venetian/Palazzo, and Wynn/Encore are all good looks.

I most commonly do connecting Bella suites at Palazzo. Each room comfortably fits 2-3 guys.

Elara is cool but that walk just to get to the strip is annoying.

Bellagio is nice but slanted towards old folks and doesn't have a megaclub on its property like the ones I mentioned

Just booked a trip for next weekend since Valentines with my girl turned into a disaster today. Had disneyland planned but caught crazy traffic and a bunch of setbacks :smh:

It sucks I'm going when there is no football to bet on and only the All Star game will be going on :lol:

Yal have any shows you recommend? Gonna try and do a show and a nice dinner (thinking Voodoo Lounge for the view+steak)

Last edited:
Just booked a trip for next weekend since Valentines with my girl turned into a disaster today. Had disneyland planned but caught crazy traffic and a bunch of setbacks :smh:

It sucks I'm going when there is no football to bet on and only the All Star game will be going on :lol:

Yal have any shows you recommend? Gonna try and do a show and a nice dinner (thinking Voodoo Lounge for the view+steak)

all star game is this weekend

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I have friends that think SF/Tahoe for a day is a vacation
mean.gif
.  Trust me, make the plans for Vegas and he'll come through.  If he really sticks to his guns then just have a little party for him, like you said...

Back
Top Bottom