Going to a concert.....by yourself?

I live in Little Rock, and I went to two rap concerts by myself at the same venue (Metroplex) during the summer of 2011.

The first of the two was a Young Jeezy concert in June in honor of Joe Johnson's 30th birthday. Given that I live in the biggest city in one of the smallest states in the country, I couldn't pass up on this opportunity. My experience was awesome. I took pictures, and a female fan next to me was groping on Jeezy's ****. :lol: In addition, there was catering provided before Jeezy's performance. Therefore, it was worth my money going.

The other concert was a Gucci Mane concert in August. Enjoyed it, and didn't really care for the afterparty.

OP, if you want to go by yourself, do it, especially if it's an artist you've been a longtime fan of. It's your money, and it's up to you to make the most out of the experience.

If it's anything like going to a wrestling event solo, then go at it. :smokin

If I can come up with the money I might go to Coachella by myself, my friends are tripping. Not sure how much I'd enjoy that all by myself though. I don't do drugs and it'll be too hot to be out drinking all day
That's going to be a crazy expensive trip too

If I can come up with the money I might go to Coachella by myself, my friends are tripping. Not sure how much I'd enjoy that all by myself though. I don't do drugs and it'll be too hot to be out drinking all day
That's going to be a crazy expensive trip too

If you go camping you'll make friends guaranteed. Every time I go to coachella my friends know they won't see me anymore for a while. One day we walked in together and some girls told me to come with them. My friends said see you tomorrow and that's just what happened. I showed up at the hotel at 6am for a quick nap and did it all again.

I haven't gone solo but I do go my own way at shows, so it's kinda like going alone.

I have never been to a concert with other people. Its one of the last environments I would want people around me, especially if its for an artist I really like. I would never ever go see Jay Z with someone, I'm like 98% sure they would ruin it for me.

Going to concerts alone >>>>>>>>>

How would having someone else there ruin it for you? Once the show starts I don't pay attention to them anyway, but then afterwards you've got someone to reminisce with on how good the show was :smokin

Last two concerts I went to, I went to by myself. First one, my homies were trippin or couldn't go, so I was like **** it, already got my ticket and I don't need anybody else to have a good time. I did know some people there and waited in line with them but I was doing my own thing once I got in. Was the best concert I've been to. Second time was last month and most of my friends don't listen to the artist and the only one that did listen to the artist couldn't go, so I was like **** it, again. Had a great time and even got some free greenery from the performer 
smokin.gif

I feel bad for people that need to go with someone else to enjoy themselves / have confidence. Don't wanna sound NT cliche but that's kinda fem. Just me tho, shrug.

Concerts alone > 

Last edited:
Last concert I went to, I went solo

It was drake, k.dot, and asap rocky. My girl was supposed to go, but she ripped up her ticket and thought I wouldn't still go. I must say I had a GREAT TIME. I had a hotel room all to myself and was able to just enjoy the show solo. It helped that I was surrounded by ladies...

went to see Kendrick Lamae and TDE this summer
had a blast 
since im single im not asking anybody to go
anywhere or do ****no more 

I've been solo to a few more recently and I'm starting to like it better

Pete Rock vs. DJ Premier
Pete Rock & CL Smooth
Pro Era

If nobody else wants to go, don't let it stop you

Last edited:
Went to see Hov by myself back in 09, had a great time. The crowd was live and I had a great time vibing with the people around me. An I'll be seeing him again next Thursday at the Verizon Center...solo.
I'll likely be in there solo too. Forget missing this concert due to broke friends lol. I'm always down to link up. I tried to set up a mini NT summit for Rock the Bells but that concert got cancelled.

I have no problem hittin shows dolo.. Im a only child so doing things dolo isn't a problem for me..

I have never been to a concert with other people. Its one of the last environments I would want people around me, especially if its for an artist I really like. I would never ever go see Jay Z with someone, I'm like 98% sure they would ruin it for me.

trippin fam u just gotta make sure if they're gonna be hyped like you if i go to a yeezus concert im only going with someone thats gonna black the **** out with me :lol:

going with someone thats just as hyped as you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

my last concert there was these chicks in front row and i was right behind them all they did was stand there and film while everyone behind them was wilding the **** out
aint gon lie i was grinding the **** out of a girl in front of me and dude beisde me was grinding on her moms :rofl: mom got mad went off on dude and left took her daughter with her and thats i got dem front row spotsss :pimp:

Last edited:
Going solo to the Nipsey Hussle show in DC in a few weeks. Will be my first time doing so, but looking forward to it nonetheless.

How would having someone else there ruin it for you? Once the show starts I don't pay attention to them anyway, but then afterwards you've got someone to reminisce with on how good the show was
smokin.gif
I dont know anyone who really likes Jay Z as much as I do. They wouldnt be hyped enough and standing right next to that would bring me down. 

Trust me I feel like my girl is going to f[emoji]128586[/emoji]this concert up for me tonight. If she mess this up......let the jordan statue be my witness tonight......we're ova! I'm not dealing with the foolishness from her in 2014[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128127[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Went to a few Mos Def and Black Star concerts by myself. Had a great time. I'd only go to a General Admission standing room show alone only though.

Back
Top Bottom