Going on Vacation to the same place every year

So is it pointless to go on vacation to the same place all the time? Every year my family goes to domincan republic punta cana to be exact where its all inclusive and the overall trip is cheap... Its fun going there and i just go to relax really and drink and eat as much as i want... But if I go this year it will be my third time going and as much as I like going there i feel like i should be using my time/money to go somewhere new... What do you guys think? Should i just go on vacation and have a good time even though i been there before?

It's up to you, man.

To some people, a vacation is just kicking back and relaxing. Good food, drinks, service, etc.

To others, a vacation is checking out a new city or country and hitting all the landmarks. That's a lot of walking around, reservations, lines, itineraries, etc.

I personally enjoy both type of vacations, but right now, a vacation of just kicking back and relaxing in the Dominican Republic sounds amazing.

I'd be okay with either option.

Sometimes you just want to go on vacation in a familiar place and relax. I really don't mind that right now.

I go back to Hawaii every year, and it never gets old. I also go to Lake Tahoe atleast 3-4x a year, same with Cali and Zion.

Sometimes I like familiar places, that I don't have to be myself or around anything work related.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys... ya im going to go.... i enjoy going there and its just relaxing... plus i havent been on vacation all year and its not that expensive... the good thing also is i get to bring back some hennessy white :pimp:

Did your family buy a timeshare? if yea, I think you can exchange your weeks at other destinations for a extra fee.

Do you enjoy going there and having a good time? If that's the case, then no, its not pointless.

I'm generally the type of dude who loves going to new places and waking up early to explore and try different cuisines, hike, etc. But right now I can't even fathom doing that cause work has got me so tired, so I booked an all-inclusive in Mexico to just sleep, drink, and eat.

It looks awesome seeing people travel to different places on Instagram all the time, but the reality of it is a lot more work than you think and not everyone's cup of tea.

You ever hit up the brothel in town? I went to Punta Cana couple years back. Thought we was going to a bar but the cab driver took us to the brothel. All the **** were fine in there!

So is it pointless to go on vacation to the same place all the time? Every year my family goes to domincan republic punta cana to be exact where its all inclusive and the overall trip is cheap... Its fun going there and i just go to relax really and drink and eat as much as i want... But if I go this year it will be my third time going and as much as I like going there i feel like i should be using my time/money to go somewhere new... What do you guys think? Should i just go on vacation and have a good time even though i been there before?

Post to SN ratio is astonishing

But nah b ...punta cana is great but i get where you coming from that it can get tireing...i love it and if i can do it every year i would.
Question tho...is this the only vacation you and your family take during the year...cuz if you can take 2 weeks off ..i would do one week punta cana just to relax and kick back and decompress...the other week something more exotic..getting to know new places type of deal

I always like to hit new places. There's just something about being in a new place that i love. Maybe when i get older I will change.

I always like to hit new places. There's just something about being in a new place that i love. Maybe when i get older I will change.

I feel the same way. The euphoria of discovering something you really like for the first time is priceless.

Always travel to new places unless its somewhere my family is, then I visit/fly more often 

Back
Top Bottom