GOAT APP legit?

um i'm kinda nervous I sold an expensive pair of sneakers and it went from NY to Boston to Nashua, New Hampshire.. WTF is this???

So, I'm joining the "badly damaged box crew." First time in over 40 sales. 

I sent a pair of NMD XR1 Triple Black PK to GOAT last week after receiving them in the mail from Adidas. The box was in 100% perfect condition and I even included some paper padding in the box. 

Now, GOAT receives the box with a damaged corner and I have to take a hit. I offered a 5% discount. If GOAT is a professional business, they need to sort their **** out now. Either require the seller to take pictures of the box as they put it into the shipping box or have a better policy in place. It's only a matter of time before USPS continues to damage more boxes during their trip to Culver City and more badly damaged boxes appear at the GOAT warehouse on a consistent basis. Sellers will get sick of GOAT sticking it to them to offer a discount on a box that they did not damage. 

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Those are the only two pictures they sent of the box. They also decided to send like 4-5 pictures of the shoes for whatever reason. 

um i'm kinda nervous I sold an expensive pair of sneakers and it went from NY to Boston to Nashua, New Hampshire.. WTF is this???

I don't trust them fools in Nashua, bastards lost my package, now I have to file a claim

Update:

Buyer canceled the order as either the damaged box was to much or the 5% discount I offered was not enough. 

Or they had buyer's remorse since prices have fallen on the shoe tremendously since they were initially sold out on ADC and boutiques online and this was an easy easy out for them. Any of the 3 are a possibility. 

So, I'm stuck co-signing the shoe to GOAT or taking a $20 loss shipping back to me. Thankfully, I live in California so shipping losses aren't as bad as they would be for East-coasters. I co-signed for now. Will have them shipped back if they don't sell in 1-2 months. 

As a warning to other sellers, I have run into issues with GOAT 4-5 times now in like 40+ sales. Be fully aware that if there is anything wrong with your order (even if not really your fault), you're taking the hit. 

Last edited:
I listed my royals which have a year in the corner that can't even be seen

How else am I supposed to list? Techhinically the box is in good condition

This pickiness is really annoying

I originally wanted to sell with Goat only cause they list used shoes but now with all these sales not going through because of damaged boxes and buy asking for a discount once the shoes are out your hands and shipping my shoes across the country plus the possibility of there being a problem I don't think it's worth the hassle until these issues can be worked out.

I do have to say alot of scammers have missed up the independent buying and selling from legitimate sellers like myself from Nike talk and other outlets.
if we want to sell shoes we now have to put our valuables into the hands of third-party sellers.
Personally I'm not too keen on that if you can't reach the business by phone with issues only email.

Luclky for me and the other NYC sellers we have flight club and stadium goods.
Only thing I wish Manhattan had a place to consign used shoes.
I know there is a place in queens but it's too far out if I want to take a lot of stuff at once.

For guys outside of the bigger cities who don't have stores doing a consignment businessman this is really the only way right now to sell.

I think shipping to Flightclub or stadium goods and rif.la in California Is your Best Bet.

While the idea of goat is great it has flaws and I can't take chances with my cash or shoes if I'm not getting anything upfront before sending my stuff 3000 miles away.

I'm sorry this but this would work better at a brick and mortar location.
Also goat has to take the chance that a sellers product might be shipped with no box flaws when a perfect box is shipped out by the seller and that falles on usps.
Not the consignee
I think pics of the boxes are needed when you list a shoe.
If that's not already part of the selling protocol on goat.
Or are buyers are trying to fake the funk by damaging boxes for a discount ?

If a sale doesn't go through for whatever reason your shoes are pretty much held hostage until you pay shipping to get it back. Or keep it there pay the fee when the shoe sells and the $1.00 a month on top of that.
I think I would go nuts if I had these problems

A good idea for goat would have local sellers in the California area drop off their stuff and they could take a look at the shoes at the same time also it would save the seller in the cali area some shipping time

I hope that this can work out for goat.
I'm willing to take a chance but not with these problems.

But in all honesty I rather sell on niketalk
Good luck guys

Last edited:
man i just got accepted to goat and im scared to use it

i have a feeling StockX will legitimately allow Canadians soon anyways

Buyers are being very anal about a lot of things. Being as descriptive as possible would help a sale be more of a breeze. Theres a notes/missing section that needs to be utilized. As NikeTalkers try to understand the amount of issues by just scheming through a release thread of a new shoe. New sneaker heads are beyond picky.

Last edited:
I listed my royals which have a year in the corner that can't even be seen

How else am I supposed to list? Techhinically the box is in good condition

This pickiness is really annoying

I hear you. I'd label box good condition, however not box lid corner ripped just to save yourself the hassle.

man i just got accepted to goat and im scared to use it

Don't be. Just place yourself in the shoes of the buyer if it's missing anything or if anythings wrong just state it. Buyers won't mind if they see I'm sure. But apparently they don't want to be surprised.

Last edited:
There has to be some middle ground. At the end of the day, if you sell on ebay or any other platform and the box arrives damaged then the seller is going to likely have to bare the cost. GOAT should be working with USPS to have some sort of compensation, but we all know how hard it is to get anything out of USPS. It's definitely a risk but I still think it's better for seller to go through GOAT than ebay, at least imo.

He does
nerd.gif

speakin of, I applied on July 24th to sell on goat. still nothin
Others have said to contact them for a quicker response.

^ agreed I'll see what can be done.
Olivia doesn't seem to care man. She puts the blame on me as a seller:

" It is ultimately the seller's responsibility to package each order well enough that neither the sneakers nor the box will be damaged in transit towards us. If you would like to file a claim with USPS in regards to the box condition, please let me know and we can provide more photos of the box condition so that you can be able to file a claim with USPS for the damage."

I've had one incident of a damaged box in over 40 sales. It's obviously not me who is the issue. I mean I have no problem taking pictures of the shoe box condition prior to shipping to prove it's not me damaging the box. Not only did I lose a sale but I'm stuck cosinging or facing a $20 loss to ship back to me. This kind of policy is built into GOAT's terms and conditions to target the seller instead of hurting GOAT's bottom line if USPS ***** up during shipping. 

Last edited:
What happens if it gets to GOAT in perfect condition but when they send it to the buyer it gets damaged

I imagine this situation to be a sh*t show lol

I've had nothing but positive experiences with GOAT, just be detailed in your descriptions and you should be good.

I can't believe people care so much about a damn box. if you got a ps4 in the mail that worked perfectly but had a dent in the box, would you return that too? are these people putting BOXES on display in their homes? I don't get it

Back
Top Bottom