Giving Speeches in class...

Upload your speech to Youtube so we can critique it. Once you watch yourself do a test run and see comments of your peers, no doubt in my mind you would nail the real thing.

Imo one technique I used was asking to be the first to go, or amongst the first group..

Cos these damn 4-5min speeches in a class of 30ish.. would take 3-4 periods. After your done just sit at the back and not give a #%@% lol

If I know the information it's WAYYY easier for me to speak about it so I would practice and get it down. I had to record my speeches for public speaking class and I noticed that I could naturally make the crowd laugh a lot and actually have them paying attention. Once you get that first joke to go off you pretty much feel in control, If it bombs just keep it moving. Don't try to force it tho because you can usually tell when you hear a forced joke. It's kinda sad but what you say or if you mess up won't really matter to the people in about 10 minutes so you'll be good if you think of it in that sense

Just don't give a damn and present your work.

Been helpful for me ever since I took that approach.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

i thrive on this kind of thing.

public speaking has always been my forte.

the best is when you ask to be the first one to go.

-get it over with early
-blow them away with my natural charisma and speaking ability
-set the bar high and watch everyone else implode on themselves like a dying star.

pimp.gif
This.

If you think about it, regardless of how good or bad the speech is everybodys gonna forget about it at the end of the day cuz they all have their own speeches to worry about

Just worry about hittin all the requirements for the assignment. Like time, topic, visual aid,  avoiding words the teacher said to etc etc

Nobody cares about your speech as much as you do man. Luckily i realized that real early in my life so public speaking is much much easier. Good luck

Originally Posted by Caerus

Just wanna know, when you guys have to do speeches for class, how do you prepare & go about a speech?I'm someone who has to get the class laughing while speaking. Makes it so much easier. Anybody ever tried to be funny, like crack a joke about a topic, and the class gives you the stoneface? Yeah, *!$# is horrible haha

i was one those students
i remember the last time it happen i was @ my graduation this past june some lady was speaking very energetic i yelled out yawn

everybody looks @ me like wwtf
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

i was heated when i had that moment felt pretty stupid

If you wanna tell it in a joke... You have to have a i dont give a +$$$ attitude when you tell it.. If you try to sell the joke you will look like an $$@ when it misses.. But when you say it sarcastically and miss, it will go unnoticed

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

i thrive on this kind of thing.

public speaking has always been my forte.

the best is when you ask to be the first one to go.

-get it over with early
-blow them away with my natural charisma and speaking ability
-set the bar high and watch everyone else implode on themselves like a dying star.
do what this guy says. club knows what hes talking about
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom