Gerald Green Interview

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

^word, this dude's mug was all over the place as the next big thing...
smh.gif

Where was this? I don't recall his mug being all over anywhere. In fact his agent had a problem trying to lock down a shoe deal for him coming into the L so he certainly wasn't that big of a deal and he ended up being a MID first round pick.

Any Mavs fans explain why he fell out of the rotation? He was doing his thing in the beginning of the season and then just started racking up DNPs.
For the longest time now the Mavericks have had a bunch of wing players, none of which clearly distinguished themselves than the others. Gerald is a liability on defense, and if he's not knocking down shots or catching oops, he's not really doing much else. Don't ask me why JJ Barea plays then, but most likely because the lack of depth. The games have been a lot more important, every game counts, and Antoine Wright, Josh Howard, and Brandon Bass take up majority of the minutes @ Forward behind Dirk. There aren't many times I'd want GG in the game to be honest. Wright is better than GG, he may not be as great offensively, he is clumsy in the paint, but he can knock down shots, he can go through the transition well, but the main thing is that he can play defense, and puts forth an effort. GG just doesn't have the drive.

One Dallas reporter was talking about how you always see Brandon Bass working on his fundamentals and what not before every game, then mentioned how Gerald Green is wasting whatever kind of talent he has.

Basically, Antoine Wright is better than GG, and there's only so many spots behind Josh Howard, and now the emergance of James Singleton as an awesome bench player, GG isn't going to get any shine in Dallas as long as Singleton, Wright, and Bass are on Dallas.
Jeff Van Gundy said the same thing during a game.

I personally had never heard of him until the dunk contest, and there was an NT thread about NBA players that look like celebs and somebody posted him and Juvie. Dudes need to learn from Harold Minor and Isaiah 'Dont call me JR' Rider, athleticism only gets you there you still have to work on your game. Alot of this has to do with the way high school coaches and scouts slurp these dudes coming out of 6th grade everthing gets handed to them they dont work for anything and they keep the same exact work ethic.

So I guess you don't remember in 2005, how the Lakers almost took Gerald Green instead of Bynum
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

looks like he got junk minutes tonight...how'd he do though?

Not bad, I wasn't really paying attention because I was eating. I knew he did well on offense, didn't catch much on defense .

It's only 2 youngsters i can say that i wish, can stay in the nba for years 2 come & ti'll dey retire....Gerald Green & GlennDavis...
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

looks like he got junk minutes tonight...how'd he do though?
He played well. Didnt force alot of shots and played nice within the offense.

Back
Top Bottom