Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by ninjahood

bottomline is whoever thinks 100k is justified is a !$!*!%%....plenty of cats have gotten lil to NO fines for da doing da exact same thing on camera...

Mistakes in the past should be continued? Maybe the NBA is going to use this incident with its most high profile person as a valuable lesson while also pacifying parts of its fan base in an era where bad publicity spreads like wildfire
BS.....its called consistency, i bet da union gets that fine reduced HEAVILY

so by that logic if puff daddy catches a speeding ticket, their gonna slap him with a 10,000 dollar fine because he's a "high profile" person?
laugh.gif
and its gonna set a valuable lesson

to other motorist not to speed?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

Do the police govern the institution that pays Puff's salary? He's not their employee so they can't do that. David Stern can.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Method Man wrote:You're not "transforming the meaning."  You're using it as an insult because you've heard it used as an insult.  
I can use it as an insult. But I can use it without using it for its actual meaning. At that point its the equivalent to being any other curse word. If I wanna use it as an insult to someone who's not gay its the equivalent to calling them a b***. Because they're not gay...
Whats funny is the majority of the time that I use it im saying it to my roommate with no intent to insult what so ever. At that point it means nothing. 

Im done with this. Lighten up man.. Everyone else too who is getting worked up over a stupid word.

Why use a word that means something else to describe something else if that's not what you mean at all? Doesn't that seem idiotic to you? Just because you don't mean it in a certain way doesn't change it's meaning.

Method Man wrote:You're not "transforming the meaning."  You're using it as an insult because you've heard it used as an insult.  
I can use it as an insult. But I can use it without using it for its actual meaning. At that point its the equivalent to being any other curse word. If I wanna use it as an insult to someone who's not gay its the equivalent to calling them a b***. Because they're not gay...
Whats funny is the majority of the time that I use it im saying it to my roommate with no intent to insult what so ever. At that point it means nothing. 

Im done with this. Lighten up man.. Everyone else too who is getting worked up over a stupid word.

Why use a word that means something else to describe something else if that's not what you mean at all? Doesn't that seem idiotic to you? Just because you don't mean it in a certain way doesn't change it's meaning.

People just lookin to sue these days. Theres whole organizations pretty much devoted to it

People just lookin to sue these days. Theres whole organizations pretty much devoted to it

DC, the point is if everybody is doing something small like taking 5-10 minutes extra on lunch break then don't warn one guy.  If it's a minor offense that nobody cares about then don't make an example out of one guy.  The world ain't perfect.  So actually other situations do come into play because that's how we establish social norms and culture.  It's basketball or sports culture to use harsh language in competition.  If the camera ain't on him then this doesn't matter. 

DC, the point is if everybody is doing something small like taking 5-10 minutes extra on lunch break then don't warn one guy.  If it's a minor offense that nobody cares about then don't make an example out of one guy.  The world ain't perfect.  So actually other situations do come into play because that's how we establish social norms and culture.  It's basketball or sports culture to use harsh language in competition.  If the camera ain't on him then this doesn't matter. 

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by 200biz

i don't get why people are trying to analyze and dissect this it's not that serious it was something said in the heat of the moment, there are worse things in sports
some of you are acting like kobe is out there burning gay flags
and trying to compare this to the n-word, just stop

Not that serious, not that serious, not that serious?
You serious brah?
eyes.gif

If a white player conducted himself in this type of behavior by shouting a racial slur to a ref you guys would be on some black panthers type iish.
But since of course it's directed to gays it's not that serious.
People stating their opinion of why Kobe is in the wrong is because we think he's out there burning gay flags?
Why not compare it to the nword? Because it offends you? I'm assuming that you are black.
but a white player didn't shout any racial slurs, the reason that would be big issue because white people have a history of enslaving, torturing, etc black people
it still not that serious and what he said was not directed at gays 

Originally Posted by 200biz

i don't get why people are trying to analyze and dissect this it's not that serious it was something said in the heat of the moment, there are worse things in sports
some of you are acting like kobe is out there burning gay flags
and trying to compare this to the n-word, just stop

Not that serious, not that serious, not that serious?
You serious brah?
eyes.gif

If a white player conducted himself in this type of behavior by shouting a racial slur to a ref you guys would be on some black panthers type iish.
But since of course it's directed to gays it's not that serious.
People stating their opinion of why Kobe is in the wrong is because we think he's out there burning gay flags?
Why not compare it to the nword? Because it offends you? I'm assuming that you are black.
but a white player didn't shout any racial slurs, the reason that would be big issue because white people have a history of enslaving, torturing, etc black people
it still not that serious and what he said was not directed at gays 

Majority of the time you curse you aint using the actual meaning brah brah. Its allll about how you use it.

Majority of the time you curse you aint using the actual meaning brah brah. Its allll about how you use it.

I can't stand all these rights activists... this had nothing to do with them they just need some damn attention about absolutely nothing

reminds me when some black organization was wyling out and wanted a direct apology from Eminem at the age of like 30 because a rap he wrote at age 15 calling his ex-girlfriend who was black at the time a b word.

he did nothing wrong other than disrespect the ref and the money should go to possibly the ref or (referees salary)

the ref made a bonehead call but as a man nobody should be talking to you like that unless they want to throw hands or something.

NOT a gay issue so all the lgbt community can go sit down and enjoy a cup of shut up.

I can't stand all these rights activists... this had nothing to do with them they just need some damn attention about absolutely nothing

reminds me when some black organization was wyling out and wanted a direct apology from Eminem at the age of like 30 because a rap he wrote at age 15 calling his ex-girlfriend who was black at the time a b word.

he did nothing wrong other than disrespect the ref and the money should go to possibly the ref or (referees salary)

the ref made a bonehead call but as a man nobody should be talking to you like that unless they want to throw hands or something.

NOT a gay issue so all the lgbt community can go sit down and enjoy a cup of shut up.

Like Ninja pointed out; the underlying fact is these "rules" are arbitrary and are not enforced across the board. Of course it's not just the NBA.It is the norm in everyday life. However, that doesn't mean that the NBA can't be called out on it. When you have arbitrary rules and punishments then your entire system is *@%$+@!@. You are wrong even when you're right. 

Like Ninja pointed out; the underlying fact is these "rules" are arbitrary and are not enforced across the board. Of course it's not just the NBA.It is the norm in everyday life. However, that doesn't mean that the NBA can't be called out on it. When you have arbitrary rules and punishments then your entire system is *@%$+@!@. You are wrong even when you're right. 

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

I already said consistency is the only issue I have here. In terms of punishment handed out.

KG knew he was wrong.
Kenyon knew he wrong wrong.
Kobe knew they BOTH were wrong.

Those two not getting fined shouldn't make Kobe think he would get away with it. He is still wrong.

My point is Kobe was wrong. Nothing further (5th time).

I already said consistency is the only issue I have here. In terms of punishment handed out.

KG knew he was wrong.

Those two not getting fined shouldn't make Kobe think he would get away with it. He is still wrong.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

KG knew he was wrong.

But I'm saying the issue is so minor nobody is wrong.  KG, Kobe, MJ, Bobby Knight, etc.  It's sports and just because we got the technology to look at dudes in 4 angles in super slo motion doesn't mean the athletes have to change.  That's not right and unfair to think like that.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

KG knew he was wrong.

But I'm saying the issue is so minor nobody is wrong.  KG, Kobe, MJ, Bobby Knight, etc.  It's sports and just because we got the technology to look at dudes in 4 angles in super slo motion doesn't mean the athletes have to change.  That's not right and unfair to think like that.

Back
Top Bottom