Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by jpap348

Saw it live last night and had to laugh because I knew Kobe would catch some backlash for it.

I'm actually taking a Sociology of Gender class right now and we've been talking about the difference between calling someone "gay" and calling someone a "+***#!". While "gay" is frequently used as an adjective for inanimate objects and males/females, "+***#!" is a noun directed at males displaying some "un-masculine" quality or characteristic. In other words, you can call someone gay without affecting their masculinity, where as calling someone a "+***#!" is a direct attack in an attempt to strip someone of their masculinity.

laugh.gif
 me 2

Originally Posted by jpap348

Saw it live last night and had to laugh because I knew Kobe would catch some backlash for it.

I'm actually taking a Sociology of Gender class right now and we've been talking about the difference between calling someone "gay" and calling someone a "+***#!". While "gay" is frequently used as an adjective for inanimate objects and males/females, "+***#!" is a noun directed at males displaying some "un-masculine" quality or characteristic. In other words, you can call someone gay without affecting their masculinity, where as calling someone a "+***#!" is a direct attack in an attempt to strip someone of their masculinity.

laugh.gif
 me 2

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

$100k is excessive imo
--Pocket change to Kobe. But I think they wanted to make an example out of him with the fine.
--If the Gay Rights community had their way, Kobe should be banned from playing basketball. Forever.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

$100k is excessive imo
--Pocket change to Kobe. But I think they wanted to make an example out of him with the fine.
--If the Gay Rights community had their way, Kobe should be banned from playing basketball. Forever.

Good god, it's advantageous to anyone with a conscience or an ounce of tolerance that every once in awhile a thread surfaces outting the people who believe homosexuality is purely a choice as the morons they are.

Good god, it's advantageous to anyone with a conscience or an ounce of tolerance that every once in awhile a thread surfaces outting the people who believe homosexuality is purely a choice as the morons they are.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Stern is a member of the CFR... Council on Foreign Relations . If you know anything about their policies and agenda this fits well into that space....

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I just look at facts and analyze them within my own reasonin....

It's a gay world we living in

Choose group, race, religion, etc you hate or fear
Describe theory about how said group runs everything

Someone who hates blacks: blacks run everything, the media etc. Look at that black Obama, friggin foreigner. Ruining the white way of life
Someone who hates jews: Jews run everything, its a Jew world we live in

Now $%%@% are getting their shot at conspiracy theorists....it's a destructive thought process without any offered solutions.

And God forbid this world turned a little more gay and less hypermasculine.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Stern is a member of the CFR... Council on Foreign Relations . If you know anything about their policies and agenda this fits well into that space....

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I just look at facts and analyze them within my own reasonin....

It's a gay world we living in

Choose group, race, religion, etc you hate or fear
Describe theory about how said group runs everything

Someone who hates blacks: blacks run everything, the media etc. Look at that black Obama, friggin foreigner. Ruining the white way of life
Someone who hates jews: Jews run everything, its a Jew world we live in

Now $%%@% are getting their shot at conspiracy theorists....it's a destructive thought process without any offered solutions.

And God forbid this world turned a little more gay and less hypermasculine.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

seriously, who is asking for this?  i'm not.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

seriously, who is asking for this?  i'm not.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just can't see how anyone is defending Kobe. I really can't. But then you dudes will turn around and justify it by saying, "I know you dudes have said it in school before." That really isn't the point. Kobe was very dumb for doing that on that stage. I mean to make matters worse, he called the man's name and then called him what he called him.

I have always thought Kobe had temper issues. If anything, that is the worst part of his game as an athlete. He never keeps his composure, argues damn near every call and just cries often. Kobe is my dude but come on man. This is year 14, why are YOU making mistakes like this?

Too damn old/experienced for that. I know people get heated in the moment but you HAVE to show compsure. You HAVE to.
Exactly.  Whether or not the fine was excessive, or the term is offensive or not, Kobe HAS to know that the cameras are on him, and that you can't say F* .

I just can't see how anyone is defending Kobe. I really can't. But then you dudes will turn around and justify it by saying, "I know you dudes have said it in school before." That really isn't the point. Kobe was very dumb for doing that on that stage. I mean to make matters worse, he called the man's name and then called him what he called him.

I have always thought Kobe had temper issues. If anything, that is the worst part of his game as an athlete. He never keeps his composure, argues damn near every call and just cries often. Kobe is my dude but come on man. This is year 14, why are YOU making mistakes like this?

Too damn old/experienced for that. I know people get heated in the moment but you HAVE to show compsure. You HAVE to.
Exactly.  Whether or not the fine was excessive, or the term is offensive or not, Kobe HAS to know that the cameras are on him, and that you can't say F* .

Originally Posted by CJ616

so what? he apologised on television, he apologised to the HRC, paid 100.000 dollars and obviously regrets it. now people just need to get over it.

they hated on KG and now kobe for being so emotional, yet they don't praise Tim Duncan for being calm and barely showing any emotions at all.. let's all stop whining and get ready for the play offs...

Originally Posted by CJ616

so what? he apologised on television, he apologised to the HRC, paid 100.000 dollars and obviously regrets it. now people just need to get over it.

they hated on KG and now kobe for being so emotional, yet they don't praise Tim Duncan for being calm and barely showing any emotions at all.. let's all stop whining and get ready for the play offs...

Back
Top Bottom