GAS PRICES THREAD: National Average = $2.59!... gas hits lowest point in a month, no summer prices

I saw $1.84 here in the Chi this morning. This was in the city so I can only imagine what the burbs are charging for gas.

Shell by me has Reg for $1.68 [Union City, GA]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i just paid 1.85. 20 bucks actually does something these days. i thought we would never see these kind of gas prices again? no way its gonna last much longer.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Down & down & down...

Wednesday, 11/26/2008
Current Avg. = $1.868
eek.gif
i dont think i've ever payed for gas below the national average since im from norcal. i just filled up my car for $1.85/gal
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

SUV's are rejoicin
laugh.gif
im thinking about getting tahoe now
laugh.gif
ill get a hell of a deal now.

1.89 in socal

<20 to fill up the whip appreciated

this gas going down is not a good thing.... At 1.87 people are going to get 7 gallons at 3.30 people will get 4 gallons.. Way to break our dependence on oil byconsuming more... And plus once the economy gets going again it will go back up.. So in that case I hope it goes back up to 3.30..... Man this country isgetting f'd regardless damn G.W. Bush and the failure of most of our elected officials and major corporations to incorrectly grasp capitalism and freemarket systems that there needs to be provisions and regulations to prevent unimaginable growth leaving the economy vulnerable if it fails.

Originally Posted by Essential1

this gas going down is not a good thing.... At 1.87 people are going to get 7 gallons at 3.30 people will get 4 gallons.. Way to break our dependence on oil by consuming more... And plus once the economy gets going again it will go back up.. So in that case I hope it goes back up to 3.30..... Man this country is getting f'd regardless damn G.W. Bush and the failure of most of our elected officials and major corporations to incorrectly grasp capitalism and free market systems that there needs to be provisions and regulations to prevent unimaginable growth leaving the economy vulnerable if it fails.
Although I agree with the fact that our dependence on foreign oil needs to decrease GREATLY... you're CRAZY if you thinkI'm trying to pay $3.30 over $1.87
indifferent.gif

And either way I'm not going to buy less oil if it goes up to $4.00.... I still have to drive to school or work or the grocery store... etc etc.
Yeah some people may spend a little less... but people still need to go places.

Well your man Obama is about to be in power.... so you can stop blaming George W come next year. Obama will have the ability to make the changesand implement some things...

TBone, I'm not saying spend less I'm saying consume less... Most people won't spend the 7 gallons at $3.30 unless the person is driving a SUV, or atank. They will get like 4 gallons and not driving all over the place for no reason.. People are celebrating hey gas is down and they don't realize it isbecause the economy is on the down turn. Those same people excited about low gas are complaining about the economy and are not putting 2 and 2 together.Economy improves, gas prices go up, there needs to be a ceiling to the price but $2 is not it anymore. So that is why I want to slowly go up to $3-$3.30..Iwould like $2.75 but I don't know if that is in the cards.

.Higher prices = less consumption = a theoretical decrease on our dependence to get it into the right place or a step to explore other areas...

And not to harp on the fact I also said almost all elected officials including Bush and the major corporations are to blame (which the corporations I can'tbe too mad at because hey if they allow it then go ahead). And the reasons why Bush gets the blame always is because it is so clear that he is so grosslyincompetent that everything he does is like looking at Medusa.

So where do we go from here?

Does it stay low and continue to drop?

Does it rise again?

Also, Why are the prices dipping so low anyway?

Mostly the price of oil...
The price of oil is at around $50-55...
When the price of gas was up at $4.00.... the price of oil was like $130-140 or something crazy around there

Not dropping as much lately... could we be seeing the bottom of gas prices? We'll see...

Saturday, 11/29/2008

Current Avg. = $1.827

Back
Top Bottom