GAS PRICES THREAD: National Average = $2.59!... gas hits lowest point in a month, no summer prices

The summer is approaching. Of course this was going to happen. Its a trend that never fails.

they compose their selves for a short time, and now these companies want to make some more money.........I predict $4 near the july 4th weekend

Originally Posted by DublBagn

they compose their selves for a short time, and now these companies want to make some more money.........I predict $4 near the july 4th weekend
I dont think it will hit $4 like it did last summer. I doubt it will hit $3.50 this summer.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

The summer is approaching. Of course this was going to happen. Its a trend that never fails.

QFT Summer is here, people are taking vacations that are at least a 2 -3 hr drive away. It was on CNN that people are traveling more this year than last yeardue to cheaper gasoline prices.

People may be traveling a little more than last year however, that's not enough to climb an entire dollar since January. Unemployment is double of what itwas last summer. The demand is clearly not there to justify this rapid increase. When it comes down to it, it's nothing but greed.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

This giving me a new reason to go ahead and get my new car and sell my truck.

hey you can get yourself one of those obamas green cars. whats it called the not so SMART car.

$3.07 last time I paid.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

People may be traveling a little more than last year however, that's not enough to climb an entire dollar since January. Unemployment is double of what it was last summer. The demand is clearly not there to justify this rapid increase. When it comes down to it, it's nothing but greed.
QFT
tired.gif

Originally Posted by elgrenas

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

This giving me a new reason to go ahead and get my new car and sell my truck.

hey you can get yourself one of those obamas green cars. whats it called the not so SMART car.
Whomp whomp.......try again
tired.gif

those smart car's really are trash. honda civic hybrid, insight and toyota prius gets better mileage than it.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

those smart car's really are trash. honda civic hybrid, insight and toyota prius gets better mileage than it.
Not to mention if you get by another car in one of those..... yikes!

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

3 bucks by the 4th of july.
at the rate its going i think its gonna be slightly more than that. around 3.25-3.5
its already 3.10 here in detroit.....I still say $4 by the 4th of july

Tuessday, 6/16/2009
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]National Unleaded Average[/font]

Current Avg. = $2.674
Yesterday Avg. = $2.669
Month ago Avg. = $2.308
Year ago Avg. = $4.080

The demand is clearly not there to justify this rapid increase. When it comes down to it, it's nothing but greed.
eh, it is just the demand going inelastic again and oil countries holding supply steady. Same old stuff, only a year ago or was the first time we(consumers) really stuck it to OPEC. That was awesome.

Saturday, 6/20/2009

Current Avg. = $2.692
Yesterday Avg. = $2.690
Month ago Avg. = $2.362
Year ago Avg. = $4.075

Tuesday, 6/30/2009

Current Avg. = $2.633
Yesterday Avg. = $2.639
Month ago Avg. = $2.683
Year ago Avg. = $4.086