Garbage Customer Service Unappreciation....

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Starting yesterday I had my first encounter with awful customer service in a while and I did my best to not lose my cool and was somewhat successful not making a scene besides a few loud utterances. Fast forward to today I went to Best Buy and there were 4 or 5 associates and once again I was ignored so I approached one of the guys standing there and told him how I felt in not such a nice way and left to talk to a manager. 10 minutes later I went to Radio Shack where I was once again ignored for a 3rd time. The dude literally looked at me and stared for half of a sec and didn't say anything but proceeded to play with whatever handheld tablet taking pictures of his co-worker while she was paying attention. Complete creeper status, but anyway to top it all off as I was going to the food court I noticed four 300+ plus stared at me like I was a juicy sirloin steak smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce  
alien.gif
mad.gif

/rant

Anybody else deal with this on a regular basis?

c-mon-son-o.gif

Seriously.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I don't understand people complaining about a retail worker not helping them out. Why don't you ask for their help if you so desperately need it?

And, seriously. I would barely call that bad customer service. I mean.. Admit it, sometimes you like to slack at work too, so give the guy a break. I think that whole "nobody said anything to me the whole time" thing is a reason to complain a lot of times. Now, given, sometimes I do feel like a lot of people in the store are slacking, but as long as at least one kid tries to help, then I'm good.

I know we all feel high and important when we go to spend our money with businesses, but I guarentee you that the staff at that specific store couldnt care less if you, particularly, didnt come back and shop with them again. Corporate might, but a lazy, care free staff, is a lazy care free staff. Just dont shop there.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Starting yesterday I had my first encounter with awful customer service in a while and I did my best to not lose my cool and was somewhat successful not making a scene besides a few loud utterances. Fast forward to today I went to Best Buy and there were 4 or 5 associates and once again I was ignored so I approached one of the guys standing there and told him how I felt in not such a nice way and left to talk to a manager. 10 minutes later I went to Radio Shack where I was once again ignored for a 3rd time. The dude literally looked at me and stared for half of a sec and didn't say anything but proceeded to play with whatever handheld tablet taking pictures of his co-worker while she was paying attention. Complete creeper status, but anyway to top it all off as I was going to the food court I noticed four 300+ plus stared at me like I was a juicy sirloin steak smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce  
alien.gif
mad.gif

/rant

Anybody else deal with this on a regular basis?

c-mon-son-o.gif

Seriously.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

I don't understand people complaining about a retail worker not helping them out. Why don't you ask for their help if you so desperately need it?

And, seriously. I would barely call that bad customer service. I mean.. Admit it, sometimes you like to slack at work too, so give the guy a break. I think that whole "nobody said anything to me the whole time" thing is a reason to complain a lot of times. Now, given, sometimes I do feel like a lot of people in the store are slacking, but as long as at least one kid tries to help, then I'm good.

I know we all feel high and important when we go to spend our money with businesses, but I guarentee you that the staff at that specific store couldnt care less if you, particularly, didnt come back and shop with them again. Corporate might, but a lazy, care free staff, is a lazy care free staff. Just dont shop there.

Originally Posted by BennyPowers

It is memorial day weekend NOBODY wants to be at work , so if they are at work don't expect optimal customer service. I damn sure know I was loafing something serious today at work....I would rather be 800 other places but in a best buy helping people get cameras so they can go have some fun while i'm stuck.

But I also don't give bad customer service, you just gotta put this weekend into perspective. Holidays are always the worse time for customer service. And working retail you should know that homie.
That's absolutely NO excuse at all.....and this is coming from someone who has worked in the customer service field for 15 years....and I still am.

I could give a damn if it was Christmas and you had to work...treat people as if you would want to be treated.

When I come into a store, I EXPECT to be greeted within 10 seconds of entering the door. It's just good business practice. You may not be available to help me right away, but acknowledge my existence. When I want help, yes...I will get you, but to come in, walk around, take a tour of a store & not get helped is absurd.

NOW, on the flipside....there are a LOT of bad customers. A LOT of them. I've gotten into arguments with several customers & checked their attitude as well. I could give a #!*@ about your money, what you're buying and how much you spend regularly....when I managed Lady Foot Locker, I didnt allow customers to get out of line; I put 'em out. Tell your friends & anybody else who would listen...I didnt care if they all stayed away.

Originally Posted by BennyPowers

It is memorial day weekend NOBODY wants to be at work , so if they are at work don't expect optimal customer service. I damn sure know I was loafing something serious today at work....I would rather be 800 other places but in a best buy helping people get cameras so they can go have some fun while i'm stuck.

But I also don't give bad customer service, you just gotta put this weekend into perspective. Holidays are always the worse time for customer service. And working retail you should know that homie.
That's absolutely NO excuse at all.....and this is coming from someone who has worked in the customer service field for 15 years....and I still am.

I could give a damn if it was Christmas and you had to work...treat people as if you would want to be treated.

When I come into a store, I EXPECT to be greeted within 10 seconds of entering the door. It's just good business practice. You may not be available to help me right away, but acknowledge my existence. When I want help, yes...I will get you, but to come in, walk around, take a tour of a store & not get helped is absurd.

NOW, on the flipside....there are a LOT of bad customers. A LOT of them. I've gotten into arguments with several customers & checked their attitude as well. I could give a #!*@ about your money, what you're buying and how much you spend regularly....when I managed Lady Foot Locker, I didnt allow customers to get out of line; I put 'em out. Tell your friends & anybody else who would listen...I didnt care if they all stayed away.

That's exactly why I don't shop there because I worked there and I know none of those workers care about their customers

In my retail experience I always greet people with a WARM SMILE and a hi or can I help you just to let them know and I mean you can usually tell by facial expressions the ones who need help from the beginning

That's exactly why I don't shop there because I worked there and I know none of those workers care about their customers

In my retail experience I always greet people with a WARM SMILE and a hi or can I help you just to let them know and I mean you can usually tell by facial expressions the ones who need help from the beginning

Yeah.....Citi credit card customer service. Just horrible.

Last month I paid off my entire bill of $489.xx. I didn't use the card for a month, and never got a statement in the mail, so I never bothered to check online, because I was sure I had a zero balance. Fast forward a month later, I've got a call from them saying I have a past due balance of $2.52. I thought that was a little ridiculous. It was some interest charge. I don't understand why when I paid off the full balance. Anyway, I called them and the women said she took care of it. So, I thought I was good. I tried to pay my bill online, and it wouldn't let me. So, I called them again, and they say I have a balance of $2.52. I said, I just called the other day and the women took care of it. They said no, and I have to pay my bill over the phone and not online....So I say ok. Then he has the nerve to tell me there will be a $14 charge to pay over the phone. No way am I paying that. So he said he'll wave the fee. I'm not one to get loud or nasty, so I didn't. Anyway, I said...after I pay the balance on the card...I'm going to close my account. He didn't seem to care and just said ok.

And to make it worse....you can hardly even understand them. Their call center must be in a different country. Nothing more frustrating then calling a company up and they have a horrible accent and you can't understand anything they say.

/rant.

Yeah.....Citi credit card customer service. Just horrible.

Last month I paid off my entire bill of $489.xx. I didn't use the card for a month, and never got a statement in the mail, so I never bothered to check online, because I was sure I had a zero balance. Fast forward a month later, I've got a call from them saying I have a past due balance of $2.52. I thought that was a little ridiculous. It was some interest charge. I don't understand why when I paid off the full balance. Anyway, I called them and the women said she took care of it. So, I thought I was good. I tried to pay my bill online, and it wouldn't let me. So, I called them again, and they say I have a balance of $2.52. I said, I just called the other day and the women took care of it. They said no, and I have to pay my bill over the phone and not online....So I say ok. Then he has the nerve to tell me there will be a $14 charge to pay over the phone. No way am I paying that. So he said he'll wave the fee. I'm not one to get loud or nasty, so I didn't. Anyway, I said...after I pay the balance on the card...I'm going to close my account. He didn't seem to care and just said ok.

And to make it worse....you can hardly even understand them. Their call center must be in a different country. Nothing more frustrating then calling a company up and they have a horrible accent and you can't understand anything they say.

/rant.

I honestly don't expect them to cater to my every desire but a greeting is a good business practice, I didn't threaten to not shop there anymore because I know with or without me shopping that won't make any difference. Its not about wanting to be treated like a king but as a potential customer at least act like you care about your job and who shops there. 

I honestly don't expect them to cater to my every desire but a greeting is a good business practice, I didn't threaten to not shop there anymore because I know with or without me shopping that won't make any difference. Its not about wanting to be treated like a king but as a potential customer at least act like you care about your job and who shops there. 

It seems like whenever you want/need assistance from an employee you never get it, but when you stroll into a store with the primary goal of just browsing in mind, you get bombarded by employees asking if you need anything.

I've been in some similar situations OP, I try and put on the "I'm lost and may need some service" look by gazing around with the unsure face on to hopefully give away enough hints to the other employees. +!%+ doesn't make sense sometimes B
30t6p3b.gif

It seems like whenever you want/need assistance from an employee you never get it, but when you stroll into a store with the primary goal of just browsing in mind, you get bombarded by employees asking if you need anything.

I've been in some similar situations OP, I try and put on the "I'm lost and may need some service" look by gazing around with the unsure face on to hopefully give away enough hints to the other employees. +!%+ doesn't make sense sometimes B
30t6p3b.gif

Which Best Buy in atlanta?

lol

lol

Originally Posted by Klock

lol

The one in Dunwoody by Perimeter Mall 

Originally Posted by Klock

lol

The one in Dunwoody by Perimeter Mall 

Lmaooooo

That means u went to Radio Shack in Perimeter?

I coulda sworn Perimeter had the best customer service ever.

I probably been to that mall like twice in 10yrs.

Lmaooooo

That means u went to Radio Shack in Perimeter?

I coulda sworn Perimeter had the best customer service ever.

I probably been to that mall like twice in 10yrs.

Back
Top Bottom