Gangster Squad (2012) Trailer - Josh Brolin,Ryan Gosling,Sean Penn

I'm curious as to what scenes they used to replace the movie theater shooting scene or if they even re shot scenes to replace it. I don't know if you guys remember but in the original trailer they had a bunch of guys shoot through the back of a movie screen into the theater. I just know they pulled the original trailers after the Colorado incident.
Oh ****, I forgot about that

I'm curious as to what scenes they used to replace the movie theater shooting scene or if they even re shot scenes to replace it. I don't know if you guys remember but in the original trailer they had a bunch of guys shoot through the back of a movie screen into the theater. I just know they pulled the original trailers after the Colorado incident.

There were some re-shoots here in LA, I read somewhere that the newly shot opening involves China Town.

Saw an early screening of it tonight, I thought it was pretty bad. Such a generic crime film, I'm disappointed because it seemed like it had a lot of potential too. This movie really made me feel no emotion at all, wasn't hyped by the action and some of the scenes were just so ridiculously cliche :smh:

Saw an early screening of it tonight, I thought it was pretty bad. Such a generic crime film, I'm disappointed because it seemed like it had a lot of potential too. This movie really made me feel no emotion at all, wasn't hyped by the action and some of the scenes were just so ridiculously cliche :smh:
With that being sad, I'll LOVE IT!! Can't wait to see it!!!

i was talking about this with my friend at how stylized it looks. I still want to see it. But i know its not going to wow me like past G movies. Last G movie to really wow me was The departed. Genre is so played out its hard to expect great things these days. I do like the cast of Squad tho so idk, maybe ill wait for a stream to leak online.

frown.gif
  these returns are discouraging.  I had such high hopes.  The trailers did look very video game like, which is why planned to watch it in b/w.

Personally, I'll be passing. With it being rewritten because of the Aurora shooting I can only sit through the film and wonder what the original vision was supposed to be.

Personally, I'll be passing. With it being rewritten because of the Aurora shooting I can only sit through the film and wonder what the original vision was supposed to be.

This.

I was hyped to see the behind-the-theater-screen-shooting scene in the original trailers months ago, and because they had to re-shoot, I've lost interest in the film overall. I will probably see it anyway, but I'm not expecting much going in anymore.

Hopefully Gosling/Penn deliver.

Critics hate this movie.  Tell me what you guys think.  I'll be seein the movie tuesday (free movie night optimum)

Hmmm after reading some of your replies, I might just watch A Haunted House with my girl tmrw instead :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
This.

I was hyped to see the behind-the-theater-screen-shooting scene in the original trailers months ago, and because they had to re-shoot, I've lost interest in the film overall. I will probably see it anyway, but I'm not expecting much going in anymore.

Hopefully Gosling/Penn deliver.

The theater scene being removed doesn't affect the story at all. It was the opening of the movie, the newly shot opening is along the same lines, just different setting.

I liked it but I always like Gangster films from the 30s-60s. The cast was also cool. Movie is definitely generic and predictable but I was happy with my $5 spent. Sean Penn was definitely worth it.

I thought about LA Noire the entire time :lol:

why does ryan gosling talk like a tard... he annoyed me like he did on that movie drive.. dudes voice sound weird

i liked the movie tho, saw it on sat. entertaining thru and thru. 

Heard nothing but bad things from people who had nothing but high hopes.

So many other options right now, easy pass for me.

My firend said it was horrible according to his friend. I went to see it anyways just to hangout. Came in with super low expectations, but the movie was great for me. Predictable storyline, but a lot of entertainment. Good movie in my books, would see it again for the free.

Movie stunk.

I thought Sean Penn did a great job acting...but the plot/storyline was poorly executed.

Relationships weren't built correctly between characters...and theres no connection between the main characters and the audience.

I guess im the only one that didn't care for Sean Penn's acting in this. Everything seemed forced. To me, it was as if he was acting like someone acting like a gangster. It didn't come off as natural to me, like Deniro or Joe Pesci.

Also, I hate Emma Stone.

Back
Top Bottom