Gamers of NT.. do you go through phases where you have no desire to play a game at all?

Im blaming it due to Summer coming up, but it hasn't even been that nice lately. All winter longer though it seems like I was gaming hardcore, hell even before MW2 dropped. There was a good 3 month period where most of my free time I spent gaming. Now I turn on my console and play for five minutes, get bored and shut it off. Can't even get into the Halo Reach Beta. Somehow I know though come September I'll be a crazy gamer again. Such a strange cycle.

i know exactly what you're talking about, i play sooooo damn much, and then theres times where i'll play once in like two weeks, and then i'll go back to playing all the time, no idea why

edit- on that note, im about to turn the xbox on right now
laugh.gif

yeah i used to play games like crraaaazzyyy back in the day, but then i just stopped and never got into that mode again. i tried with COD and GTA but its only fun for half an hour then i need to turn it off. now my xbox is just used for a dvd player

Yup, I stopped playing mw2 after like 5 straight months after it came out, and I just cant seem to get back into it.
I'll play every now and then but not like I use to...Halo Reach will change that tho
laugh.gif

Yea, I have phases like that. I can play a game during all my free time sometimes. And then other times I won't turn on my PS3 for a month.

ive been playing video games before most of you were born, and before most of you ever had a console.
and to keep it funky... these games today are no fun.
theyre stressful. because you really have to think to win. thats no fun.

i remember the days of adventure island, and ikari warriors and rygar and burger time and afterburner.

now every game is about real life situations such as war and spying and sports.

i dont even play anymore.

I bought a PS3 last month too. Picked up the God of War collection, can't get into it at all. Picked up Uncharted 2 as well, it's an amazing game but I've played maybe 3 hours of it over the course of a month.

The video quality of the Blu-Ray player on my PS3 is noticeably higher than my old player however, so for that alone it was worth it I suppose.

I had to unplug my xbox because i am getting ready for my sophomore reviews and i dont even miss it. Too bad i bought the new splinter cell a day before i decided to do that.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

ive been playing video games before most of you were born, and before most of you ever had a console.

i remember the days of adventure island, and ikari warriors and rygar and burger time and afterburner.

I have no problem thinking but for some reason I find this one game in particular stressful as hell like I dont even play it anymore
laugh.gif

Since I've been in the gym, I've fallen wwaaaaaayyy back on videogames
But now that the summer vacay is upon us I won't have gym access so I imagine I'll be playing waaaayyyyy more

i doubt i'll ever get back into it like i used to, i still play a lot but in the not too distant past i used play on the weekends from the time i woke up till the time i would go out at night , and if i didnt have any plans for that night, i would play all day
laugh.gif

You definitely had to think when playing games before. Especially considering games were more sressful due to the fact that most games didn't have the save option. So you can essentially play for hours to make it to a level, lose all of your lives and have to start over completely. I think that is more stressful.

I have never beat the first TNMT game on NES because of that reason.

Yeah. I haven't really played anything in a few days.

It's more because I'm just waiting for somethin new to come out.

OG Megaman games were the best... I don't think I ever beat any of them.
roll.gif

I go back and play them now and it baffles me how I was playing them when I was 5 years old. They are DAMN hard.

Anyone ever play Star Wars: Shadow Of The Empire on N64? I remember one level taking like 90 mins to beat, and you couldn't save in the middle. It was ridiculous.

I have no desire to ever pick up a video game controller ever again, and I was a FIEND back in the day.

To me, part of the fun is the challenge. And why don't you just play the game on easy if it is that you don't want to be challenged.And  I have been playing games since the early 90s and games today and games of past years still give me the same level of enjoyment. 
Anyway, I hardly pick up a controller from May-October. If is is nice outside, I feel think I am wasting the game being indoors 

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I have never beat the first TNMT game on NES because of that reason.
This is the 2nd time today I heard someone say this.
laugh.gif
That is funny. That is why I had to disagree with the idea that you didn't have to think when playing older games. If anything, you have to use your memory for longer periods of time considering you had no save points.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

OG Megaman games were the best... I don't think I ever beat any of them.
roll.gif

I go back and play them now and it baffles me how I was playing them when I was 5 years old. They are DAMN hard.

Anyone ever play Star Wars: Shadow Of The Empire on N64? I remember one level taking like 90 mins to beat, and you couldn't save in the middle. It was ridiculous.
indifferent.gif
.I think Megaman is the reason I have anger problems to this day...I hattteeeddddddddddd it so much

i went thru this phase from the time my original xbox died about 4 years ago till recently when i got a ps3 around christmas

i look at the hours i log into mw2 and im almost at 3 days of gameplay and i think thats alot until i see some people with over 2 months logged in

corny_close.jpg

Back
Top Bottom