Game Leaving G-Unit...Who's Career Hurt More 50 or Game?

Listening to The Documentary now and the songs with the two of them were pretty tight. So who took the bigger L by the departure of Game?

Originally Posted by jomitm

game seems to be doin alright for his standards...50, well, not so much.
thats true, but 50 has so much money its ridiculous, but from just strictly a musical standpoint i'd agree with you

Game with G-Unit > Game without G-Unit

Music Wise.

Game > 50

Money Wise

50 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Game

Homie is payin 50 to not have the G-Unit logo on his CDs
roll.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

well they are both pretty much on the same level at this point...and I see more upside for Game, so I would have to say it hurt 50 more

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by jomitm

game seems to be doin alright for his standards...50, well, not so much.
thats true, but 50 has so much money its ridiculous, but from just strictly a musical standpoint i'd agree with you
yeah, that's what i meant.

if it was stictly business, there's not a lot of people who can compete with 50, much less Game.
laugh.gif

Looking at Curtis' career now doesn't reflect or have anything to do with Game leaving G-Unit and he didn't leave
laugh.gif
Dude is still signed thereand he got exiled as far as making music with them.

I actually say it hurt Game since his albums have taken a step down since Curtis was writing w/e for him.

I always felt Curtis was doing too much trying to sign a rapper from every region and then trying to load up on NYC rappers when his first plan didn'twork.

The BIGGEST loser was Dre... (you see how he's back workin with Game)...

Game was signed to Aftermath to fill in the role of Knoc'turnal & Hitman when they left... He was SUPPOSED to be the ghostwriter for Detox, but Dreended up giving him most of those beats for Documentary (& 50 may have gotten a few for GRODT)... Then him & 50 had their falling out, 4 years later,NO Detox...

Now all of a sudden Dre & Game are reunited... & Detox is SUPPOSE to be on its way... We'll see...

50 & Game sounded better togeather than 50 & Buck or 50 & Banks... Sucks they had a falling out...

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Music Wise.

Game > 50

Money Wise

roll.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
this pretty much sums it up

Label's paying not to have the G-Unit sticker on it, not Game. And best believe that million figure is down a couple hundred stack since Fif opened hismouth and BISD tanked.

Originally Posted by dcjumpman84

Label's paying not to have the G-Unit sticker on it, not Game. And best believe that million figure is down a couple hundred stack since Fif opened his mouth and BISD tanked.

That makes no sense...Game has more too lose if that sticker popped up on his cd. Chances are they have a contract, but if they didn't 50 could chargemore now, just because what it would mean if a G-Unit sticker was to pop up on Game cd.

Musically, Game benefited from his departure a la the One Blood Remix with the entire industry. You see that no one works with G-Unit affiliates besidesR&B singers. He left his doors open just in case something like that was to happen. Game's albums and mixtapes have been solid post Documentary andthey have sold moderately well in the current climate of the rap industry.

50 set the bar wayyy too high......he oversaturated the market that now only true fans(like me) check for him

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Musically, Game benefited from his departure a la the One Blood Remix with the entire industry. You see that no one works with G-Unit affiliates besides R&B singers. He left his doors open just in case something like that was to happen. Game's albums and mixtapes have been solid post Documentary and they have sold moderately well in the current climate of the rap industry.

THIS!

and wait, game got kicked out for saying he WANTED to work with nas right??
indifferent.gif

i know i cant be right

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

50 & Game sounded better togeather than 50 & Buck or 50 & Banks... Sucks they had a falling out...

Word. I thought they were about to be a force.

This dude Dre has a serious eye for talent. Going all the way back to NWA, dude has done so much to shape the landscape of Hip-Hop. It's crazy when youlist all the artists he brought up.

Man fareel fareel.....ITS A TIE.

Their equal....Although I will say with 50's help Game's: The Documentary was given a couple looks as a classic album...but thats just IMO

Documentary was a classic, but I haven't checked for Game since then. Leaving G-Unit led to him being exposed as a certified lame.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Music Wise.

Game > 50

Money Wise

roll.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif
this pretty much sums it up