Game 1: 4/18 1030EST (5) Rockets vs. (4) Blazers on ESPN

Wow... Rudy got away with that one. Ran right into Yao's chest...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Game 1 - Sat April 18 Houston at Portland 10:30PM ESPN
Game 2 - Tue April 21 Houston at Portland 10:00PM NBATV
Game 3 - Fri April 24 Portland at Houston 9:30PM ESPN
Game 4 - Sun April 26 Portland at Houston 9:00PM TNT
Game 5 * Tue April 28 Houston at Portland TBD TBD
Game 6 * Thu April 30 Portland at Houston TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 2 Houston at Portland TBD TNT
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

So, the Rockets lost home court last night with a loss to the Mavericks. To be perfectly honest, aside from wanting home court, I wanted the Rockets to face the Hornets or the Blazers, as I think both are the weakest teams heading into this thing. I know Portland is young and they have depth, but they also have playoff inexperience. Furthermore, all bias aside, when Yao gets the ball on the block, he is virtually unstoppable, with an array of hook shots and jumpers. To defend Yao, your best bet is to front the dude. Last night, in the first half, Yao had his way against Dampier. He got into foul trouble quick, racking up 4 through 3. Because of this, the Mavericks had to send in Bass and Ryan Hollins, guys who are a lot shorter than Yao, and a lot lighter. They fronted him effectively, rendering Yao useless in the 2nd half. With Portland, they have legit bigs, ie, more traditional big men in Pryzbilla, Aldridge and Oden. They're going to play Yao more straight up, and as a result, he's going to have a field day. If Aaron Brooks and Ron Artest can play under control, I like the Rockets chances. While Portland is very good at home this year, I believe the Rockets can steal one of the games. It took a Brandon Roy miracle 3 that really took 1.3 seconds in 0.8 earliner in the year for a Blazers win. If this is the case, the Rockets stealing a game, then the series is a wrap IMO, as, the Rockets are dominant at home. Something like 52-9 going back to last year. With two wins against Portland this year under their belt as well. All in all, I think the Rockets take this in 6.
pimp.gif

With that said, let me call on my Rockets brethren, in no particular order:

nyk buc, Statis22, TimelessFlight, bonafide125, RetroBaller, blackxme, Clutch 713, nicedudewithnicedreams, ShaunJon, PH3N0M3N0N, gescobe, jamergrady, N O R E A G A, 0cks, HTownRox14, Sik Wit It 23(?) and whoever else I'm missing. My bad.

To my Rockets brethren who disappeared over the years: Kadoma, trav something 03(?).

To Niketalk's Admin, who's a Rockets fan, but posts once every 5 years: CSoldia
laugh.gif

To the T-Mac faithful: SHUGES, OneTrust, I see you. My dude Crank Lucas as well.
pimp.gif
I know Diplomat TDot, Mez One, and Dirtylicious are T-Mac/Yao/Rockets fans on the low. I see ya'll.
smokin.gif
My dude jvile819, who know's what's up, as our dude Von Wafer is instant buckets
pimp.gif

We haven't sniffed the second round since 1996-1997. 12 years.
sick.gif
tired.gif

Let us pray that this year is the year.
nerd.gif

pray.jpg

8f125e14cbace449c159f49dda73c6faf61a4b7.gif

good looks on the shoutout fam.
pimp.gif

someone got a link
nerd.gif

@!%$+#!%$. For the link is my only guess Nore, as for the sig, I'll pm you the html code later.

Ron Artest and AB helping the cause.
pimp.gif

Roy frustrated with all the contact. The last one was legit though. All the other times dude is flaling in the paint hoping for a call.

Back
Top Bottom