G.O.D JEWELS "NEW GOD FLOW" FREESTYLE VISUALS

The Boy Ill actually has good work ethic he stays putting out quality work.

As for GOD he's cool, full of himself. The flow was wack on this beat. The lyrics were dope.

This is basically the situation. Jewel's and Hero just now got their own studio set up, so that should expedite the recording process.

But you gotta realize that Jewels just doesn't pick random beats, rap over them and dip. :lol: He's actually in the studio helping make these instrumentals.

Listen to Glimpse of Destiny and tell me you could produce something that maximalist and complex in less than a year with not only zero resources, but also having to deal with everyday life.

Outside of the music It's pretty much only me doing the design. A huge vision takes time to realize with such limited resources, but we make due.

You wanna know why Jewel's isn't bigger? Ask the gatekeepers in the Chicago hip-hop scene that ****. The **** are you supposed to do about being blackballed? The only thing you can do is continue dropping great ****, and let the product speak for itself. It's been an uphill battle with these people, but after 3+ years the scales are starting to weigh in our favor. It's all behind the scenes, but the effort definitely hasn't gone unnoticed.

Edit*

And another thing. You wanna compare Dom to Jewels? Look at the amount of projects that have been dropped. Both are at around 6. The difference? One person is from a city that embraces each other's music, and the other is from a city that does whatever they can to kill whatever movement you have... If Jewel's was from LA he'd be dropping his second studio album by now.

so why's he being blackballed?

what did he do to deserve that?

Chance seemed to get embraced as well as Keef and them. I'm not claiming to know how it goes out there I'm just legit wondering 1. why he got blackballed 2. why he can't get embraced like a Chance or Keef. I'm interested.

so why's he being blackballed?

what did he do to deserve that?

Chance seemed to get embraced as well as Keef and them. I'm not claiming to know how it goes out there I'm just legit wondering 1. why he got blackballed 2. why he can't get embraced like a Chance or Keef. I'm interested.

I'm not qualified to answer that completely, but at least in the case of Fake Shore Drive it has partly to do with things that were said by fans on Twitter.

In this rap **** you're either in the clique or you're out. There's a reason why all these rappers collab with the same people all the time, and if the people at the lowest level are holding grudges it's hard to get in the door...

Last edited:
I'm not qualified to answer that completely, but at least in the case of Fake Shore Drive it has partly to do with things that were said by fans on Twitter.

In this rap **** you're either in the clique or you're out. There's a reason why all these rappers collab with the same people all the time, and if the people at the lowest level are holding grudges it's hard to get in the door...

i feel you.

sucks man :smh:

Lol at G.O.D. Jewels (or jay electronica as you guys like to claim as well) having poor work ethics. For Jay there are politics involved. For Jewels I'm sure it is financial. I don't think some of you understand how expensive it is to make music. Let's say you buy 10 beats for 100 each for a 10 track mixtape/album. Now let's say you knocked the whole project out in 20 hours of studio time, including recording, mixing, and mastering at 2 hours per song (which is highly unlikely) for 50 an hour. You're already at 2 grand. Let's not forget artwork, which varies in pricing depending on the quality of the artist. Let's say you want to drop one visual along with the project. That's 1,000+ depending on the quality of work. So just off that little scenario (using minimum prices) you're looking at 3 grand minimum unless you have connections with engineers, producers, graphic designers and film makers, but even so nobody works for free. I'm working on my first 2 projects myself right now and I'll be near bankrupt by the time I'm done. 

I give props for Jewels for keeping the hunger alive for so many years despite lack of success. I've always thought he would make it big ever since I heard how to rap and I still have faith in him. Keep doing your thing bruh, the time will come. 

Last edited:
^Yep. **** is NOT cheap. That poor work ethic comment just shows people's ignorance. COUNTLESS hours go into every tape.

Last edited:
even kanye said it himself in some rare behind the scenes before graduation as they

where editing the cant tell me nothing video , something to the extent " im not a millionaire

i dont a million dollars on me , if this cd doesnt move units then im gonna be in debt"

YOU NEGROES DON'T KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE MAKING MUSIC IS :lol: :lol:...on a brighter note I still wanna get Jewels over to EAE...soon

Dope lyrics but Idk why son would in his right mind walk outside wearing those jeans
but what does that have to do with anything???? like who cares what he is wearing

IS THE MUSIC DOPE? you said it was, and thats all that matters

pimp.gif

This **** was raw but I think it was a little too long. Towards the end of the "freestyle" I wasn't as blown away as I was in the beginning. Always good to hear new Jewels tho :pimp:

This is basically the situation. Jewel's and Hero just now got their own studio set up, so that should expedite the recording process.

But you gotta realize that Jewels just doesn't pick random beats, rap over them and dip.
laugh.gif
He's actually in the studio helping make these instrumentals.

Listen to Glimpse of Destiny and tell me you could produce something that maximalist and complex in less than a year with not only zero resources, but also having to deal with everyday life.

Outside of the music It's pretty much only me doing the design. A huge vision takes time to realize with such limited resources, but we make due.

You wanna know why Jewel's isn't bigger? Ask the gatekeepers in the Chicago hip-hop scene that ****. The **** are you supposed to do about being blackballed? The only thing you can do is continue dropping great ****, and let the product speak for itself. It's been an uphill battle with these people, but after 3+ years the scales are starting to weigh in our favor. It's all behind the scenes, but the effort definitely hasn't gone unnoticed.

Edit*

And another thing. You wanna compare Dom to Jewels? Look at the amount of projects that have been dropped. Both are at around 6. The difference? One person is from a city that embraces each other's music, and the other is from a city that does whatever they can to kill whatever movement you have... If Jewel's was from LA he'd be dropping his second studio album by now.
^THIS.i been knowin jewels for a minute , never lazy. and a lot of yall dont know but chicago has such an elitist attitude towards itself its gross . there are people that personally feel some type of way about jewels and will go out of their way to not support for no real reason . trust me . when you dont run with certain crowds and refuse to dumb down and conform to certain people , it makes it that much harder and by nature jewels just aint that kinda guy . but for what hes doing , its gonna be a situation where people are going to have to come to him and hes not going to be forced to reach out to other people . which is exactly the kind of situation you want to be in . . .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom