Future: Nike Dunk RETRO SB?

I think it will def happen eventually...
Nike willl leave no rock unturned & why would they?
Imagine the hype surrounding a retro dunk SB release?
Nike is a business remember.

lol, this isnt the first time this rumor was made.

ts not about the collectors, the resellers, etc that nike is trying to protect. they care about them as much as they care about you, the regular consumer. itsall a marketing ploy. if they put the SBs in every chain sneaker retailer like footlocker itll flop and it'll kill the hype, something theyve been bankingoff of.

not everyone is into dunk SBs as much as you guys make it out to be. part of the reason you buy something as lucrative as dunk SBs is because of its rarity,striking threads like this to stir up the community. and you have nike grinning because they dont have to put out billboards or commercials, youre theirwalking advertisements.

There was a major major rumor about the first 4 being retro'd about two years ago. It turned into a ++%# storm of hate and excitement.

People were FREAKING out. In the end Alex talked to people at SB and squashed it, but it was a page burner that night.

My personal perspective, I would NOT be happy to see them retro the shoes.

It's not like you can see a pair of Tiffany's and have some amazing sports memore connected to them the way people feel about watching Jordan play inJordan's.

I know ALOT of the people buying Jordan retro's don't buy it for that reason, but I feel in my naive heart that was the original cause of the firstretro's.

That would really suck, it's one thing to retro basketball and running shoes but pop culture classics like dunks are kind of a one time thing if you ask me

i dont even have any rare extremely limited dunks , or any of the first three series but for some reason the idea of retroing SBs seems a little weird to me... im neither for or against it

lol nike will eventually retro sbs, especially now that it is a well established line. but i never seen them retro a specific dunk or air force one colorway

a possible retro? that would be interesting..however from Nike's old habits, i can see them releasing them under some kind of x/xx year anniversary.i'd only see this happening only if the hyped flat lined though, not as something Nike SB would do for kicks. we'll just have to wait and see just howcreative Nike SB can be in terms of keeping the crowds interested.

on a different note, could care less if some of the first series or any series retroed. Then again stuff like pigeons, city series, anything else thats ontheir level would be odd to release again considering in the first place that not many people had opportunties to buy them.

Originally Posted by DublBagn

For everyone saying not to retro sb's.....look in your mirror and ask why???? Do you not want nike to retro cuz they would make your kicks worth less money???? If so you are in it for the wrong reason....if you think that everyone will have your shoe's and that it makes them not special any more.....nike would not drop these at footlocker, it would be at skate shops just how it started....this is all hypothetical of course....

I already have alot of these shoes (supremes not included), but you have to look at all the people who want them!!! Let every one who wants a pair get a pair, i am sick of the $1000 plus secondary market ticket on some of these anyways... They are just shoes people, granted they are way more fresh than your average kicks, but they are just shoes.....would you be upset if Mercedes slashed their prices, do you think owners of skylines are pissed they are releasing a US version????? Are you pissed when an HDTV goes on sale, then why get mad if your "fashion pieces" are more accessible to more people, you are going to be OK...

I think alot of you invest to much of your identity into what you wear and not who you are, thats why you dont want this type of thing to happen.....I hope Nike retro's everything and i see my grandfather rocking Pro B lightnings!!! that way all the hypebeast's can find what the next hot thing will be and I can go back to the days of finding sub $100 OG j's on ebay.....

can i get an AMEN????
AMEN! Especially on that last paragraph. People these days only know WHAT they are and not WHO they are. I AM a sneakerhead, but WHO I am can dowithout an exclusive pair of sneakers to be fly and "limited"...

Dude, I'd love to get my hands on some of the first series SB Dunks at a very affordable price. If people don't want them to retro, then they can't really be shoeheads...

It should be about the shoe itself, not it's value in money.
Agreed.

Damn this post makes me feel old...and I don't own one original series dunk. I just respect the sneaker culture as is... I'm not saying I personallycare whether or not they retro the entire dunk line 10 years from now it will make no difference to me...The one thing I like about dunks is that it is andalready has established itself as a staple shoe within Nike's retro line...It completely outshines the air force one in versatility and class not tomention a whole line (NIKE SB) was based solely on the nike dunk. It renews and refreshes itself every month with the SB line and the CL, GR, and indiereleases. No Nike is more sought after than the dunk...while the air force one's popularity has dwindled immensely...the Dunk is Nike's staple likeconverse has its Chuck taylor and like adidas has its superstars. The people that want retros are the people that missed out- cool! But Straight up...I'llquit buying SB's if they %+!%@ themselves out like JB has over the past 2 and half years.

Amen Dubl.
I totally agree.
A great looking shoe is a great looking shoe and if SB drops some reissue retros then everyone makes out good.

I don't think it's going to happen for a couple more years, MAYBE, but I'm gonna support it when it does.

My vote you ask? RETRO THESE DAMN THINGS WITH THE QUICKNESS.
pimp.gif

Food for thought: Since Nike keeps up with this site on daily basis (supposedly), why don't they come out with a NIKETALK SB... Theywill
be the MOST HYPEBEAST shoes in the history of shoes...

They are waiting for the right time to do retro them... It makes no business sense not to do it because there are always new kids to jump on SBs and
you can kill two birds with one stone by bringing back the older generation.

i wouldnt want a huge retro, but maybe a small re-release to QS stores....i think that would help em maintain their significance.

also, if they did re-release em, the materials would suck.

I think they already retro mf dooms in gold boxes i think its what ever nikes/jordan all those brands are crazy right now soo they can do what they want ifthey do re-release stuff id most def. cop but its gonna be lame for all the og collectors maybe they should retro stuff with the same name but like dif colorsfor ex. tiffany blazers or something

Originally Posted by DublBagn

For everyone saying not to retro sb's.....look in your mirror and ask why???? Do you not want nike to retro cuz they would make your kicks worth less money???? If so you are in it for the wrong reason....if you think that everyone will have your shoe's and that it makes them not special any more.....nike would not drop these at footlocker, it would be at skate shops just how it started....this is all hypothetical of course....

I already have alot of these shoes (supremes not included), but you have to look at all the people who want them!!! Let every one who wants a pair get a pair, i am sick of the $1000 plus secondary market ticket on some of these anyways... They are just shoes people, granted they are way more fresh than your average kicks, but they are just shoes.....would you be upset if Mercedes slashed their prices, do you think owners of skylines are pissed they are releasing a US version????? Are you pissed when an HDTV goes on sale, then why get mad if your "fashion pieces" are more accessible to more people, you are going to be OK...

I think alot of you invest to much of your identity into what you wear and not who you are, thats why you dont want this type of thing to happen.....I hope Nike retro's everything and i see my grandfather rocking Pro B lightnings!!! that way all the hypebeast's can find what the next hot thing will be and I can go back to the days of finding sub $100 OG j's on ebay.....

can i get an AMEN????

Co-sign

Originally Posted by kjayhyphy

I think they already retro mf dooms in gold boxes i think its what ever nikes/jordan all those brands are crazy right now soo they can do what they want if they do re-release stuff id most def. cop but its gonna be lame for all the og collectors maybe they should retro stuff with the same name but like dif colors for ex. tiffany blazers or something

Doom's were just a restock, not a retro. Don't get the 2 confused. They are very different.

And they have released some of the old styles using the same inspiration/colors from some of the same designers.

Pigeon P-Rods, "JRod II" P-Rods, Takashi 2 Dunk and some others as well. More will come.

Tiffany colored Mid is on the slate for Fall 2008.

and FYI... "Heavens Gate" High has been dropped for 08 everyone.

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

no need to retro them. if you want them then pay the prices now. retroing them this soon ruins the collectors that bought em since day 1

sounds like some elitish attitude right there.....

first off if they were to retro sb's i would love that... i have a life so i cant camp out and i work hard 2 earn my money so i'm not gonna spend morethan 250 on a pair of shoes.. they are just shoes.. meant to be worn... but i feel like nike would def take advantage knowing that theres such a good resalemarket.. they'd def jack up prices and lower the quality, limited or not

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

no need to retro them. if you want them then pay the prices now. retroing them this soon ruins the collectors that bought em since day 1
I'm sorry, but Jesus Christ, I'm tired of you coming into every post and saying useless **!!. EVERY TOPIC BASICALLY. JUST STOP. :smh:Not everyonecan afford luxuries and nobody should be obligated to pay so much to satisfy their desires. Just because you're a reseller doesn't mean you have tospeak of such nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom