FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

I actually get the point you both are trying to make. Max with the you want to have the things that mean a lot to you.
and Hen saying it's cool having those things, but is it worth it paying so much for something that was at one point essentially 10 bucks. and I agree with both .. Which is why ALOT of us in here have our price limits on these. whether it be no more than $30-50

and what I think Hen met by the hype comment (because not all of us are collecting because of "hype" persay)
is the hype is what's causing the prices to be as high as they are, so a lot of us are scrambling to get them before we have a PA Vegeta or White ranger situation where the pop is 500+ bucks which i dont think any of us are ever going to pay.

But i do understand the fundamental of what he's saying. it's a $10 Vinyl figure that a lot of us are super salty with if we dont get at retail.. say we wont buy at 20/25 but then when it's like 50-100 we're like o snap we gotta get that.

Which I understand. i have a bunch of pops over 50 i'd like but im not goign to pay for them. and I do think like 3-4 years down the line i can probably cop them for hella cheap.

Anyone got recommendations for raffle groups? I'm not looking to win anything besides hobgoblin or Peter Parker or something to trade for it lol. Not a completionist but I'm legit done for a hot minute

I mean the same can be said about anything.

Henny you should be super familiar with that concept seeing you're in the supreme thread. Maybe it is hype, maybe it's cuz I can't fit into an XL but I don't see the why peeps are dropping $120-150 for a box logo tee when it retailed for $35.

Yeah I missed out on the hey day when many of my 30 for 30 were available for $25 or less, but I'm familiar with collecting and i know the game. Things go up and you gotta pay to play.

However the majority of my wants are numbered exclusives so to mean that means more because it's not like paying X amount for a piece that was readily available at HT years ago.

I dunno we're all in this for one reason for another :smile:

I just know this thread is dope and Jon Targaryen is the one true king.

:lol:

Both of you understand where I'm coming from. I don't fault you for going after your list now before it gets more expensive. I did the same as soon as I got in with all the limited Breaking Bad pops and GoT obviously since those are my two favorite TV shows ever. Will likely never sell those pops. You just happen to have a pretty big list of very expensive pops. It's going to be quite the feat and I wish you luck!

still have them benson is one of my main pieces . 
I have the set as well and by far Benson is one of my favorites. I'm still dumbfounded they are worth as much as they are considering they don't have an advertising push comparable to some of the other lines out. I guess maybe that's where the value may come from as well.

^But is it REALLY worth it to pay 1000% (or more) percent mark up on a piece of plastic? If you got a rare piece the first time around, cool. If you missed out but want it now, is REALLY worth it? Up to the individual. Don't get me wrong. I'm not 100% in this for reselling. I bought them because I liked them and saw the opportunity to finance my purchases through reselling. As far as I've seen, I'm one of the few in here that actually displays all my pops. I've spent $100+ on a pop before too but the vast majority of my purchases have been retail and 99% below $50.

I'm talking about playing catch up with a list of 30 very expensive grails. And you plan to keep them forever which seems like an exercise in futility to me because eventually they will be worthless. I want you to accomplish your list but what happens when you do? There's just gonna be more pops you want. You'll never be satisfied :rofl: You'll have more grails. Then the fad bottoms out and you're like, "WTF did I spend thousands on these for?"

To be clear, I'm not shading you or anyone who is spending a lot of money on old grails, I love the pickup posts. I'm just offering a certain perspective because whether we admit it to ourselves or not we are all caught up in the pop hype right now. It can be blinding.

I am right there with you in displaying all my guys as well but I'm an in-box guy. I just really like how clean they look that way. I'm hoping to finish up the loft area shelving and post some pictures soon to show how good it can look and hopefully help some people out with display ideas. That said, your displays look really good.

View media item 2137430
Box is a little dent but can't beat 6$ :pimp:

That's an awesome deal. Congrats. Do you have both chases now? Can't remember for sure.

Point me to the DS box logo tees for under $200. I will buy any and all.

But word I see both points being made.

I have the set as well and by far Benson is one of my favorites. I'm still dumbfounded they are worth as much as they are considering they don't have an advertising push comparable to some of the other lines out. I guess maybe that's where the value may come from as well.
I am right there with you in displaying all my guys as well but I'm an in-box guy. I just really like how clean they look that way. I'm hoping to finish up the loft area shelving and post some pictures soon to show how good it can look and hopefully help some people out with display ideas. That said, your displays look really good.
That's an awesome deal. Congrats. Do you have both chases now? Can't remember for sure.

Nah I struck out on the chase Duck :frown: I'll get it tho..

Aaaaaaaand just like that I sold that bearbrick Kaws. Sold it for a super deal but all good. It just paid for the pop grails I bought this week :smokin

Got 1 more Grail coming this weekend hopefully. Now that I got hella funds in the PayPal the temptation for a bobs big boy is real :wow:

I've been super busy transitioning jobs, everytime I finally see your posts the damn things are sold.

@INshoeKid

I found one for you $200 that has paint flaw but you can ask for pics yourself...might can talk him down lower.

His name in FB: Danny Sanchez

Aaaaaaaand just like that I sold that bearbrick Kaws. Sold it for a super deal but all good. It just paid for the pop grails I bought this week :smokin

Got 1 more Grail coming this weekend hopefully. Now that I got hella funds in the PayPal the temptation for a bobs big boy is real :wow:

My mans is outchea making it raaaaiiinnn

Back
Top Bottom