FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

What's the way to acquire SDCC exclusives? Just hope for the best on eBay?

I really want that Indiana Jones :pimp:

there's no hint on the box though?

Watch it's something woman related. :lol:

Last edited:
im very very tempted. i have it sitting iin my cart

i've iked every box that's come out.

I feel like it's going to be a collection of the stuff they didn't decide to put in the other boxes. i may just do it, but it will absolutely be my last pop purchase for awhile.

EDIT:

ughhhh i hate myself... I just did it.

I'm thinking it over on the weekend. might buy on Monday, we have until Wednesday to make a decision

Too late it just sold out.

Just kidding. But would you have been upset if that actually happened?

Just noticed it didn't ask for a shirt size

If it's truly stays sold out glad i decided to get it

Last edited:
Yeah, I had no intentions of buying it, that $125 could be used to pick up one of my grails off of Fugitive.

What's the way to acquire SDCC exclusives? Just hope for the best on eBay?

I really want that Indiana Jones
pimp.gif
Keep an eye on this thread, and also here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/new/

Stores will announce soon which exclusives they're getting(in store July 21st)--I'm thinking that Indy might be a Barnes and Noble exclusive.  Also Popcultcha(AUS) is going to have some of them on their site Thursday July 21st at 8pm eastern.

does pop cultcha wait to ship out everything if you order stuff thats in stock and a pre order?
They ship it together if they have it in stock.  Very Fast shipping.  Ordered on Monday and was delivered the following Tuesday.

Just messaged a guy on eBay asking if he'll do a meet up for the SDCC Black Suit Superman to save fees. Hope he bites.

Not me, unless it's an exclusive.  They shouldn't be more than $10 anyway.  You know it's bad when TRU is one of the cheapest places around to buy a toy.
The difference between $9 and $13 is irrelevant to me, I buy what I like, don't care if its an exclusive. Used to, but not anymore.

The difference between $9 and $13 is irrelevant to me, I buy what I like, don't care if its an exclusive. Used to, but not anymore.
That's cool, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Being a toy collector for at least 20+ years, I've seen how stores raise prices for no good reason, most notably, TRU.  I try to buy at the cheapest place I can, since I collect more than Pops.  It's bad enough that Marvel Legends used to be $7.88, then $12.99, then $15, and now $20-$22.  

That's cool, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Being a toy collector for at least 20+ years, I've seen how stores raise prices for no good reason, most notably, TRU.  I try to buy at the cheapest place I can, since I collect more than Pops.  It's bad enough that Marvel Legends used to be $7.88, then $12.99, then $15, and now $20-$22.  
Shouldn't you be used to it then? :D thats just the nature of the beast. Any business seeing a growth of interest in a certain area is likely to raise prices, I mean, thats the end goal for them, to make money.

Last edited:
Shouldn't you be used to it then?
happy.gif
thats just the nature of the beast. Any business seeing a growth of interest in a certain area is likely to raise prices, I mean, thats the end goal for them, to make money.
True, but if TRU has a Lego set for $229(Slave 1), and everywhere else has it for $199, I most certainly am not going to get it at TRU.  
happy.gif

That was my point about Gamestop.  They pretty much sell the same Pops as other places, minus their exclusives, so why pay the extra $$$ when you can get them cheaper everywhere else?

Maybe I'm just too picky? 

Anything more than a dollar is very relevant to me
If GS goes to 12.99 thats 3 dollars in less than a year.
Im also very "frugal" but its mainly because when do the increases stop. .
I but what i like also...but funko is cranking out ALOT of what i like. Im probabaly buying about 8 pops a month. Some without discounts and coupons so 80 a month.
Tack on an extra 3 per pop. Now im at 104 a month.
Yea i got the money to fuel to this hobby. But that couldve been another 2 pops i really want.

Price increase makes me need to be more choosy. I dont want that

True, but if TRU has a Lego set for $229(Slave 1), and everywhere else has it for $199, I most certainly am not going to get it at TRU.  :D
That was my point about Gamestop.  They pretty much sell the same Pops as other places, minus their exclusives, so why pay the extra $$$ when you can get them cheaper everywhere else?
Maybe I'm just too picky? 
You're not being to picky at all, man, I get your point. I'm just saying that you can't really find Pops under $10 anymore, whether it GS or HT or whatever. That's just the way it's going.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom