FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Sheesh, that comic con line story sounds pretty bad. I think at some point I'd just say forget it and pay resale if there was something I really wanted and just find some other things to do with that time, but to each their own. Might try to get down there for it next year, would like to see a Conan show, those are pretty much the only POP figures I really want each year.

Sort of. Wednesday was a Preview Night lottery for Funko Fanatics boardmembers. Thursday-Sunday was a ****show. If you wanted a chance at Funko, you had to line up in the Everything Else line shoots in the morning before. So if you want a chance at Friday, you'd basically have to be in line Thursday morning. My friends had a group, where you know, laying down three sleeping bags becomes 10 people the following morning. So when the sails pavilion finally opens up you're marched from the side of the convention center (where you camped) to the back of the convention center known as the Sails Pavilion area. And you touch an IPAD to see if you win the chance to purchase Funkos that day. Where it becomes an absolute ****show is the line becomes so long it overextends down the stairs of the backside of the convention center onto the marina where it can't be monitored by security anymore. And that is where people who arrived at 630/7 in the morning, cut the line. And all those people who camped overnight and weren't in the first shoot, are somehow now hundreds of people behind all those people who cut in the marina area. So yeah, 18 hour waits for nothing. You're supposed to tap out with your RFID chip when you go down the stairs onto the backside of the marina, so it gives you a green light when you tap back in. But you have basically three unpaid comic con volunteers monitoring that area, and they are completely overwhelmed by the amount of the people down there in the morning. So all those line cutters when they tap in it's red, but still go through anyways. And if you do happen to get a ticket, if you have a later ticket, you're not guaranteed what you want. You might have a 2 PM return ticket, and some items may be gone by the time you get to access the shop. And this year, I think on Saturday, the purchase line got like super backed up. So 2 PM people got pushed back to 4 PM and what not.

And the popup shop, well. It opened Thursday at 10 AM, and people started lining up with ghost chairs from Tuesday morning. I guess if you're used to sneaker releases and ghost chairs, this shouldn't be a problem. So yeah, unless you have a group of people, and you don't lay down ghost chairs, Funko is almost impossible. I've passed on it the last two years not wanting to deal with that nonsense, and just copped share exclusives online. I know Funko doesn't like the current procedure, so hopefully it will change next year to a lottery. But SDCC doesn't know how to handle it. It doesn't help when they have three separate security firms running the operations independently of each other either too.

Damn the pop up shop is that bad too?! That's wild... Might have to just try to stick with other booth exclusives.

Yeah SDCC experience is a ish sho if you're trying to get anything funko. I'm not sure how the other vendors are but Funko is just insane. Unless you plan on doing NOTHING but waiting in lines for a few days, I'd say forego Funko unless you have a team. It's quite sad really but its the nature of the beast. This is one of those times that I'd actually have to agree to pay resell. And unless you're a sticker *****, with Funko's move to make everything more shared, there's no point in going through all that. While the sticker is cool in my mind it doesn't mean it should command more. Hence why i'm working on making sticker sheets to swap all my SCE ones.

The pop up shop that's a different story. It boggles my mind at how wild that was this year. I was there Friday and the line up as Friday so you could get a Sunday wristband. And the funniest part is there's NOTHING that sold there that justified the wait. bugs and Hyde 2 pack topping off at $250, stupor Daffy like $120 ish. At least last year you had BBB and the limited Dorbz (which as Thursday only)

with so many more activities to do as a badge holder (and lines to wait in), you're better off getting shared exclusives then waiting for the price drop on con exclusives to happen. Credit Card bills begin to arrive and those pretty stacks of pops don't look so pretty when you got bills do lol

Regal Theaters exclusive.

Damn how's that gonna work? I'm taking all my family with me lol

20525492_10207066018647115_7557740062288438491_n.jpg 20476040_10207066018807119_4811313540976410893_n.jpg

That Flash would be a nice add to my superhero collection. I honestly prefer unmasked hero toys/figures/statues over the masked versions.

My first year of SDCC of this year, you just really gotta network and trade.

I got everything I wanted without waiting in line through gemini with the actual convention sticker for $10 over retail each. Was totally worth it for me personally, I try to stay away from the mercari sticker swaps although I was considering doing it for my batman conan lol.

But you legit have to camp in order to try for a raffle for the booth.

Literally everything at SDCC is a raffle though. Raffle to get badges, Raffle to get hotels, Raffle to get into the big booths. If you're just going for exclusives, it's the wrong place to go. If you're going to enjoy the nightlife, convention, offsites etc, it's worth it

Heads up to everyone might want to check your login info on Funko shop as it may have changed or become non-existent since they went to the new platform.

Heads up to everyone might want to check your login info on Funko shop as it may have changed or become non-existent since they went to the new platform.

Really wondering how the new platform is going to work with Wednesday releases. All of my past orders are gone :\

Are all the JL pops about to have a mother box exclusive? :lol:

ijwAMqq.jpg
9Pt976E.jpg
wonder woman has one cause of themyscira, aquaman has one cause of atlantis, and cyborg has one cause that's how he was made. i think that should be it, maybe steppenwolf gets one.

the eye is really stupid lol. should've just been normal.
it would've been better if he had a web shooter pose since that's how the eye comes about in both the comics/movie

This is how legit it is to be a Funko VIP and Collector of the decade. She didn't even go to SDCC or Fundays and got laced by Gemini. Half the things from Fundays didn't even hit the site! I can't wait to see her full collection in the Funko documentary.

CL1.JPG
CL.JPG
CL2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom