FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Part of me hopes there's nothing I like so I could save the cash and put it toward the gas fireplace I wanna get. Every dollar counts :lol:

Just wait until they announce the 1000 piece SDCC-only Holographic Leia.

Facebook and Reddit will be insufferable.

The camp out
Part of me hopes there's nothing I like so I could save the cash and put it toward the gas fireplace I wanna get. Every dollar counts :lol:

I'm taking cash out there to pay resale for the shared exclusives just with the con sticker lol...I might camp for the good stuff though

The camp out will be real

Is this going to be your first SDCC? I've heard that the lines are stupid for everything. Like hours long, easy.

Yeah SDCC is a nightmare when it comes to pops...last year the real exclusives were gone before the doors even opened because other vendors bought them at retail only to sell them for resell to the actual public...lmao

Yeah SDCC is a nightmare when it comes to pops...last year the real exclusives were gone before the doors even opened because other vendors bought them at retail only to sell them for resell to the actual public...lmao

That same **** happened at the Anaheim SW Celebration :smh: If my wife didn't bust out a 4.24 40 to hit the Funko booth on Friday, we woulda missed everything.

Wonder if they'll do a lottery like ECCC?

Not all of them were gone. Previews night is the move to make if you're going for the con only stuff. Funko's pop up off grounds is also the move. My boy was out there and managed to get me almost all of the stuff that I wanted that was con only.

It's a horrible process though. You have to camp for a 50/50 shot of getting a wristband for the booth. Previews night is mainly comprised of vendors, press and people that got badges for every day so I can see where that rumor got started.

Is this going to be your first SDCC? I've heard that the lines are stupid for everything. Like hours long, easy.

Yepp it's the name of the game. Biggest comic con in the world, people fly in for this sh*t and take it super serious. Like I said I'm just taking out a pocketful of cash and paying resale for the exclusives that I want with the convention sticker since it's probably a once in a lifetime trip for me. I don't buy pops that I don't like for rarity's sake just to say that I have them either so I feel like most of the stuff I want should be shared.

As for a lottery it won't happen. SDCC likes the hype too much from the lineups and such. Reedpop (the company that does NYCC and ECCC) lets funko do their things with those conventions but SDCC just rides the hype train and has their own system. Only night they do things different are the preview night. Only problem with NYCC and ECCC are they allow people without badges that aren't going to the convention enter in the raffle and then it screws over people that are actually at the con and they can't get in.

Yepp it's the name of the game. Biggest comic con in the world, people fly in for this sh*t and take it super serious. Like I said I'm just taking out a pocketful of cash and paying resale for the exclusives that I want with the convention sticker since it's probably a once in a lifetime trip for me. I don't buy pops that I don't like for rarity's sake just to say that I have them either so I feel like most of the stuff I want should be shared.

As for a lottery it won't happen. SDCC likes the hype too much from the lineups and such. Reedpop (the company that does NYCC and ECCC) lets funko do their things with those conventions but SDCC just rides the hype train and has their own system. Only night they do things different are the preview night. Only problem with NYCC and ECCC are they allow people without badges that aren't going to the convention enter in the raffle and then it screws over people that are actually at the con and they can't get in.

Makes sense. I figured SDCC was too big for the raffle. The system worked at ECCC but it was super easy to manipulate, too. They never checked IDs. :smh:

I'm there Thursday night into Friday night. Camping at the Funko South pop up then Fundays.

Someone with a hotel let me go and take a shower :lol:

Last edited:
I'm there Thursday night into Friday night. Camping at the Funko South pop up then Fundays.

Someone with a hotel let me go and take a shower :lol:

is this outside of the convention? are they selling exclusives? i'm going on friday for fundays, but wasn't sure if there was anything good to check out outside of the convention.

is this outside of the convention? are they selling exclusives? i'm going on friday for fundays, but wasn't sure if there was anything good to check out outside of the convention.

Yeah the Funko South pop up is across the street from the hotel/marina area. No tickets needed just line up. Last year's highlights there was Bobs Big Boy, XL captain america dorbz, and the Amazing Carlos variants.

the line up is real and most everything is sold out like an hour or so after they open at 10. if they do it like last year you'll be able to go in and see if there's some cool stuff on display to take pics of.

Back
Top Bottom