Friend caught stealing $38 worth fo clothing not arrested

laugh.gif
 at this thread

Sometimes its more than a $100 fine. But multiple offenses add up fast. I got caught back in the day stealing a pack of gum. They held me in their "interrogation" room for and hour and a half. Its just not worth it to be an idiot.

I used to be a sales manager at jcpenney and I would get called in on the female cases when lp were men on my shift. They usually ban them from all the stores in the state if its a chain and fine at least 1000.

Worse case I saw was actually pretty sad... I worked at the hood jcp (forestville md for the dc heads) like a idiot they would place the Levi's and Columbias by the door. Well one kid grabbed like six pair of Levi's. lp chased him out the door through the parking lot and onto the highway where the kid winded up getting hit and dying instantly. Lp supposed to let them go if they make it to the door. Last I heard the dude was up for murder charges...not sure if he was convicted.

Another one I saw was a 16 year old high as a kite stole some nikes... He had that drugged up strength and it took 2lps and 3 cops to restrain dude. By the time they were finished he was literally foaming at the mouth.

I used to be a sales manager at jcpenney and I would get called in on the female cases when lp were men on my shift. They usually ban them from all the stores in the state if its a chain and fine at least 1000.

Worse case I saw was actually pretty sad... I worked at the hood jcp (forestville md for the dc heads) like a idiot they would place the Levi's and Columbias by the door. Well one kid grabbed like six pair of Levi's. lp chased him out the door through the parking lot and onto the highway where the kid winded up getting hit and dying instantly. Lp supposed to let them go if they make it to the door. Last I heard the dude was up for murder charges...not sure if he was convicted.

Another one I saw was a 16 year old high as a kite stole some nikes... He had that drugged up strength and it took 2lps and 3 cops to restrain dude. By the time they were finished he was literally foaming at the mouth.

What's the point of LP if they have to stop at the door? Technically, nothing has been stolen if they haven't walked out. I know at Nordstrom they have pursuit zones (green, yellow, red) that extend out beyond the store.

^ I agree but they are supposed to stop them right before they exit. That's why they will have someone on the camera and someone pretending to shop right near them.

:wow:

:lol: LP WILL chase your *** outside of the store.

Sheeeeeit the LP cats at my job are so relentless that if you go into another store thinking you're gonna duck and dodge them after you snatched an item (which someone tried to do)... forget it. They will apprehend you in that store and bring you back.

"customers" do this at my work every single day of the year. steal like a 50 cent candy bar, get caught, have to give the stolen goods back then pay a $125 fee hahaha! We got mmultimillion dollar camera systems, why would you even think you can steal some bull like that?

what type of prison time did you think stealing a few t-shirts was gonna get him?

you think the stores gonna get a lawyer for 38 dollars?

Last edited:
no prison time at all. They just pay a restitution fee to the store and are trespassed. If they come back into the store, it's considered criminal trespassing and they could go to jail for a few days. If they come back and steal, its considered BURGLARY and I believe that averages just under 2.5 year sentences in most states. Stores only hire lawyers if they wanna press charges and force the person to pay restitution/get jail time

no prison time at all. They just pay a restitution fee to the store and are trespassed. If they come back into the store, it's considered criminal trespassing and they could go to jail for a few days. If they come back and steal, its considered BURGLARY and I believe that averages just under 2.5 year sentences in most states. Stores only hire lawyers if they wanna press charges and force the person to pay restitution/get jail time

What $ amount would it take for them to go that far?

each company/store set a dollar amount for criminal prosecution. If you steal and meet that dollar amount, the lp officer will arrest you under private persons arrest and the cops will come and take you away.

It depends on the store and the state im sure. In our store, any theft that totals over $100 bumps up the severity of the crime from a criminal trespass I to criminal trespass II which basically just means a higher fine from the store. Cops get involved if the person doesn't have valid identification, as they could have warrants out for their arrest. Lawyers don't get involved ever really. Unless the person fights the charges then you gotta battle in court. So 99% of the time, the person gets their paperwork and pays the fine, or they go to jail and plead guilty and pay a fine. The other 1% they plead not guilty and have to go to trial and lose and pay more money. Court appointed lawyers vs. Harvard educated lawfirm type lawyers haha

Back
Top Bottom