• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Reaching is using the man's diagnosis as some sort of rallying cry

Your have a icon of the gay community.. who suffered something that has and still plagues that community.. during a time when you had all the stigmas that could lead to a movie like Philadelphia being made

Then you have an event that was powerful enough in its own right, which can be viewed right on YouTube

My understanding is Bryan singer is a gay man, would think at the very least the stuff in the 2nd paragraph wouldn’t be lost on him

Du9F_hvUcAAeAGS.jpg

Obviously she’s a pretty girl

And tall

This is doing her zero favors.. making her look like a swimmer with super broad shoulders

a-man and i stated, there was no gay shaming in the film that we saw, everything said in that article was exaggerated

again this can be easily settled by you watching the film and judging for yourself if the writer of the article was biased and reaching or not but you choose to listen to the reports and that one particular review to judge the film

as i said, your mind is made up and likely will never see it so why keep pursuing this issue? to argue over those who saw it that didn't find the problem at all? to convince us that it is there and to go rewatch to change our mind?

i am only replying because as i said if you're at some level a fan of the group/music/freddie that it is worth your time to watch because there is still something to be taken from the film

now i know we always disagree on stuff but if you can take my word one time, it is that there wasn't an evident gay shaming int he film, there was no guilt-ridden drama that blamed his gayness to the groups break up or that it made being gay bad by running back to the group and beg to reunite, if you watch and still feel i am wrong and that article is completely correct in everything then you have my apology in wasting 2 hours of your time

i'll speak to the reasonable side of you again, if the movies goal was to make freddie a villain and make being gay look bad then why would freddies loved ones approve it? i am not even talking about his band mates who produced the film but his sister and ex-wife (the people he was closest to)

if your issue is that the article is saying there is gay shaming, i tell you i did not see it (maybe other who saw the film will disagree but i am certainly not going to listen to such a biased clickbait of an article)

if your issue is that the article said they blamed freddie being gay as the reason for break up, that wasn't presented at all, it was his assistant/lover that they vilified

if you're issue is singer, he was let go and he didn't write/approve the script/screenplay, the producers/bandmates did

if you're issue is that it isn't 100% accurate, then that is perfectly fine, you want a multi-part documentary and not 2hr pg13 biopic, then i do agree skip the film

sasha baron cohen is known to go too far and go out of bounds, the producers wanted this to be pg13 and be enjoyed by many and perhaps create new fans, as a producer i understand moving on from cohen if he deemed it "too clean"

you seem to find the issues big enough to talk about it and sound offended by it, even if you're not a fan of the band/music then why not go see it for yourself? why happily accept what that article is saying as facts? if it is important enough and inspire a bit of passion from you then it warrants some of your time

Didn’t say shaming

But the concert happened 2 years before he was diagnosed, unless I’m mistaken, they thought it smart to use his diagnosis as the triggering point to the band getting back together and playing the concert

it played a part but if you want spoilers...

paul (his assistant/lover) didn't give him the news about live-aid and he constantly intercepted any contact from his manager and bandmates so he can isolate freddie and control him, not until mary showed up and told him to do the concert (which freddie never knew about) and to stop ignoring his bandmates then he confronted paul about it that he realized everything bad that happened to him was due to him (paul also sabotaged his relationship with his manager by tricking him to making it seem like he wanted freddie to leave the group)

paul then came out on the news to expose everything behind the scenes with freddie (orgies and drug use) which put a nail that he was the villain of the film not being gay

and in the film, the group reconciled before freddie found out he was infected, he announced it during rehearsals but they already agreed to do the show

yes the timeline was not accurate but for film-making sense, it gave more drama and to me that is fine, it wasn't used as a crutch to say "hey i am dying because i am gay and since being gay was bad, i am going to crawl back to my group and beg" as that article says

in fact in the film ended by saying that freddie happily spent the rest of his years with jim so they also showed being gay made him happy in the end and he stayed with his partner til his dying day

Yea I dunnio

When you have a movie out there like imitation game, I don’t get the need to take something that major and play with it to play up the drama

I see zero need for it.. again going back to the social network, they made that sh and the aforementioned imitation game great movies with somewhat boring subject matters and no where never the level of material

it added more emotion to my eyes, if all biopics weren't altered a bit for entertainment most will be boring outside of the biggest of fans

that live-aid performance was epic but the lead up to it was whatever, they were never broken up and they were on tour and decided to do it... that was it

i think at this point despite having decided to avoid the film already, you are still trying to talk yourself out of it :lol:

you say you don't want to see for a reason, i say the reason is false and you come up with more and more reason so i am tapping out

the documentaries are out there, several books are out there, memoirs, etc... if you want whats actually happened it out there... this isn't that film

the film was a lose interpretation, i dont think it took anything away from the group/music, it might have created new fans and real fans know the truth, i dont mind it at all

you want to stick to every word the writer of that article said then ok, i still think you are missing out as a fan but do what you got to do... or not do...

i still dont see the issue in seeing it, be offended after you see it and judged yourself, not before

I don't agree at all with how they screwed up the timeline to make it look like Freddie knew he was dying and so he begged the band to reunite to do live Aid.

They never broke up :lol: I see why they went the easy way for story reasons but that directly tarnishes the man's memory and motives.

To me that was completely wrong. Along with the other purposely changed sequence of events. Freddie being manipulated in to breaking up the band to do a solo album when in reality two other members did solo albums in that time span.

It's just silly ****. However, having seen the movie I don't think those things make it unwatchable.

To me the only thing being missed out on is Rami Malek's performance.

Last edited:
^ everything I heard was malek's performance was great and it was basically that and the nostalgia factor with the music that carried the movie

But I agree, it bothers me and makes me less inclined to pay to watch it because they mess around with facts and I have zero clue why.. plus the rumblings of the former band members being salty and wanting to get out of Freddie's shadow and get more credit, which I get but doesn't make it right

Like I'm sure the rest of those guys on the Bulls want credit for their roles and maybe Jordan and pippin get way too much credit like it was just them or even just Jordan.. but you are talking Michael Jordan and Scottie pippin

Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Reviewed Dark Phoenix Script And Tone

During a panel for Dark Phoenix at Brazil Comic Con (CCXP), signs didn't point to the MCU playing a part in the film, but writer/director Simon Kinberg did confirm that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige did review the script and the tone of the film.

Details via ComicBook.com say Dark Phoenix will not be part of the MCU, which makes sense. There's a lot packed into the film, which could wrap up a seven film franchise. For 18 years, Fox has been exploring the X-Men, with some mistakes they hope to right the wrongs for (cough X-Men: The Last Stand) in the upcoming installment Dark Phoenix.

Kevin Feige reviewing the script could mean some note-taking on Marvel Studios' part to plan how they could potentially further the main X-Men property in the future. Dark Phoenix is sure to end with a bang that will not only affect the mutants in the film but also the expanded universe. So a little collaboration with the MCU boss could be the perfect first step for the potential partnership.

When Marvel Might Start Working On X-Men Movies, According To Kevin Feige

According to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, it could start by next summer. In Feige's words:

We've been told it's looking very, very good and could happen in the first six months of next year. The notion of the characters coming back is great. It's nice when a company that created all these characters can have access to all those characters. It's unusual not to. But in terms of actually thinking about it and actually planning things, we haven't started that yet.

The Disney/Fox deal wasn't quite a certainty in the first half of 2018, but now it's expected to be finalized by the end of January. Once that happens, a new era of X-Men film can begin, and as Kevin Feige mentioned during his appearance on Variety's Playback Podcast, if all goes according to plan, he and the other MCU creative minds will finally get to play with these characters by next summer at the latest.

Let's remember when the trailer for The New Mutants was released way back in October 2017 with a release date for April 2018.

A way to wrap it up and tie it to the MCU could be Jean goes Phoenix Force Supernova at the end, destroys/alters the universe or whatever then post credit scene we see Coulson or a Shield agent talking about mutants.

A way to wrap it up and tie it to the MCU could be Jean goes Phoenix Force Supernova at the end, destroys/alters the universe or whatever then post credit scene we see Coulson or a Shield agent talking about mutants.
Definitely destroy the universe.

That'd be great.

Back
Top Bottom