Former Villanova player, Will Sheridan, comes out of closet

It's cool Nardi didn't freak out, that's a true friend right there accepting him no matter what.

Hard to find people like that these days.

roll.gif
that music video

It's as if people think careers and sexual trends correlate. I can't WAIT till rappers start coming out of the closet
laugh.gif
. I just wanna be a fly on the wall of the hip-hop community when that happens. When every one is all uncomfortable that they liked the lyrics to ____ or enjoyed the video to ____ , I'll just sit there indifferent and laugh at how complex some people make @#@% out to be... Sexuality is the simplest @#@% on earth. People like what they like. It's only when you throw in stigmas, standards, expectations, and socialization that it becomes this big cluster @#@% of ideology.

It's as if people think careers and sexual trends correlate. I can't WAIT till rappers start coming out of the closet
laugh.gif
. I just wanna be a fly on the wall of the hip-hop community when that happens. When every one is all uncomfortable that they liked the lyrics to ____ or enjoyed the video to ____ , I'll just sit there indifferent and laugh at how complex some people make @#@% out to be... Sexuality is the simplest @#@% on earth. People like what they like. It's only when you throw in stigmas, standards, expectations, and socialization that it becomes this big cluster @#@% of ideology.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

He's BEEN out of the closet.� Just no one paid attention til this article.� He's been very openly gay for a while.� Anyone who's paid attention to his music career knew.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

He's BEEN out of the closet.� Just no one paid attention til this article.� He's been very openly gay for a while.� Anyone who's paid attention to his music career knew.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was reading the Article, and when I saw him and Nardi together, i was thinking that Nardi was his partner, had me a little shocked.

I was reading the Article, and when I saw him and Nardi together, i was thinking that Nardi was his partner, had me a little shocked.

looking at the vid it reminds me of that music video of "what what in the butt." Am i right?
nerd.gif

looking at the vid it reminds me of that music video of "what what in the butt." Am i right?
nerd.gif

Why things like this matter is beyond comprehension.

I'm straight, in fact I don't even have any gay male friends, ( I know a handful of females though) and people always wonder why I have such a strong stance on gay rights.

And the answer is simple. Athlete or not people deserve the simple human dignity of living happily as who they are so long as they aren't hurting anyone. Racism is the exact same thing. The EXACT same.

And yet there's such a negative stigma attached to it. Not just in sports but in life.

I wouldn't bat an eyelash if one of my friends told me he was gay. My answer to such a revelation would likely be something like,  "Sooo are we still going to McDonalds or what?"

Even in the people who are giving Sheridan props in this very thread still have to precurse or follow it with some sort of backhanded gay joke to make themselves ok with it.

Example. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

A Villanova big man is gay, what s a surprise
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Props to him for coming out now & his teammates being cool with it that whole time though
pimp.gif
.  If Sumpter hadn't gotten hurt, still believe they prolly win it all that year.

Implying what? That being gay is inherently bad? Why exactly? Is there an answer other than it says so in a book somewhere?

People are people. And so long as they are not hurting anyone or breaking any laws they deserve dignity and respect.

Props to Sheridan for living his life and not hiding it.

On the other hand that music video is bad on a universal scale.

Looks like an SNL skit. 
laugh.gif

Why things like this matter is beyond comprehension.

I'm straight, in fact I don't even have any gay male friends, ( I know a handful of females though) and people always wonder why I have such a strong stance on gay rights.

And the answer is simple. Athlete or not people deserve the simple human dignity of living happily as who they are so long as they aren't hurting anyone. Racism is the exact same thing. The EXACT same.

And yet there's such a negative stigma attached to it. Not just in sports but in life.

I wouldn't bat an eyelash if one of my friends told me he was gay. My answer to such a revelation would likely be something like,  "Sooo are we still going to McDonalds or what?"

Even in the people who are giving Sheridan props in this very thread still have to precurse or follow it with some sort of backhanded gay joke to make themselves ok with it.

Example. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

A Villanova big man is gay, what s a surprise
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Props to him for coming out now & his teammates being cool with it that whole time though
pimp.gif
.  If Sumpter hadn't gotten hurt, still believe they prolly win it all that year.

Implying what? That being gay is inherently bad? Why exactly? Is there an answer other than it says so in a book somewhere?

People are people. And so long as they are not hurting anyone or breaking any laws they deserve dignity and respect.

Props to Sheridan for living his life and not hiding it.

On the other hand that music video is bad on a universal scale.

Looks like an SNL skit. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom