Forbes expert explains: Sneakerheads dont matter to Nike

I don't really follow complex's work, but do they not have anything better to report on?

Last edited:
Nike could give a **** less about "sneakerheads" as long as their products are constantly selling out.

Nike/Jordan Brand is cheap.

Seeing as she's not reporting live on the scene, she could've done that broadcast from inside somewhere.

That must've been real awkward reporting about sneakerheads with no sneakerhead activity to be seen.

so will complex take this "expert's" analysis to heart and stop creating new hypebeasts everyday with their daily "25 Retro Sneakers YOU EFFING HAVE TO STAND IN LINE OR KILL SOMEBODY TO GET OR YOU'RE NOT EFFING COOL!!!!!" lists?

just wondering...

What's a sneakerhead?
eae162625db87dcc71407598e39723dcfe4df50f_r.gif

:rofl: at making a report on this.

besides, I thought it was common knowledge sneakerheads made a small portion of the footwear industry.

That expert actually sheds a lot of light on the industry. And while sneakerheads do make only a marginal difference in nike's profitability , I would say that they do care. Hence the fact that they have been trying over and over to make releases fair And attainable to people.

10,000 AJ XIs @ $50 profit vs. some low tier crap that is pawned off in every store (*****, sports authority, macys, sears, random running shoe store) that is likely in the 500k range @ $30 profit.... You do the math

Complex must be hiring if they have enough disposable income to pay her to give a story on location with a camera crew, and editing team, that should have been an online article 3 paragraphs long.

I'd rather see her in some sneakers, only sneakers.

Last edited:

Complex must be hiring if they have enough disposable income to pay her to give a story on location with a camera crew, and editing team, that should have been an online article 3 paragraphs long.

I'd rather see her in some sneakers, only sneakers.
She has the body of a 10 year old. She can keep her clothes on.

That expert actually sheds a lot of light on the industry. And while sneakerheads do make only a marginal difference in nike's profitability , I would say that they do care. Hence the fact that they have been trying over and over to make releases fair And attainable to people.

think they did it to make it look like they cared. Make sure there's no lawsuits against them.

Check out the comments from this Complex article:

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2014/05/who-is-matt-powell

Bunch of butthurt "sneakerheads".  Hell, NT's former favorite whit eboy B1LLY HOYLE even chimes in with the sneakerhead angst. 
laugh.gif

**** is beyond corny that things have come to this with the sneaker culture.  Complex can eat a **** because quite frankly, they've contributed to all these shenanigans as much as anyone else with their lists and sneaker "writing".  I put that in quotations because 10th graders could probably write better than some of their staff.   

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom